Sign in to follow this  
giorox

B-1B Lancer Supersonic Bomber [GIX]

ROCKWELL B-1B LANCER SUPERSONIC BOMBER by Giorox

The Rockwell (now part of Boeing) B-1 Lancer is a four-engine supersonic variable-sweep wing,

jet-powered strategic bomber used by the United States Air Force (USAF).

It was first envisioned in the 1960s as a supersonic bomber with Mach 2 speed, and sufficient range and payload to replace

the Boeing B-52 Stratofortress. It was developed into the B-1B, primarily a low-level penetrator with long-range and Mach 1.25

speed capability at high altitude.

Crew: four (aircraft commander, copilot, offensive systems officer and defensive systems officer)

Payload: 125,000 lb (56,700 kg) ; internal and external ordnance combined

Maximum speed:

At altitude: Mach 1.25 (721 knots, 830 mph, 1,340 km/h at 50,000 ft/15,000 m altitude)

At low level: Mach 0.92 (700 mph (1,100 km/h) at 200–500 ft (61–152 m) altitude)

Range: 6,478 nmi (7,456 mi (11,999 km))

Combat radius: 2,993 nmi (3,445 mi (5,544 km))

Service ceiling: 60,000 ft (18,000 m)

PICTURES: Imgur

This addon adds the B-1B Lancer Supersonic Bomber to your game.

It comes in 6 different base versions:

B-1B lancer (Mk82)

B-1B lancer (Mk84)

B-1B lancer (GBU-24 Paveway III)

B-1B lancer (SBD)

B-1B lancer (GBU-32)

B-1B lancer (JSOW)

And many different camouflaged versions of the Mk82 version.

Addon Dependencies:

>ACE and it's dependencies

>CBA

>GLT_MissileBox

All of the weapons are GLT_MissileBox.

The Mk82 and Mk84 versions are unguided bombs.

The GBU-24 is laser guided.

the GBU-32, SDB and JSOW all use the GPS/INS System from GLT_MissileBox (EXPLANATION ON USAGE BELOW)

USAGE OF WEAPON SYSTEMS:

-Arm Weapons

-Mark GPS Position (If GPS guided)

-Tell gunner to drop bomb if you have a gunner or use Manual Fire to drop them manually

GPS/INS SYSTEM:

On the JSOW, GBU-32 and SDB Versions you will have to use the GPS/INS guidance system to get bombs on target precisely.

-Click GPS/INS System options under the Addaction (scrollwheel) menu

-Find the spot you want the bomb to hit on the map and click it once.

-Click the "Mark" button on the top left side of the UI

-Point towards target and tab lock

-Drop the weapon when you have your plane facing the general area of the target and haven't gone past it yet.

You don't have to dive bomb, after you tab-lock it, you can pull up to your preferred altitude,speed and dsitance and then drop it.

WING SWEEP VARIATION:

The wings sweep just like in real life, you can have it be 2 different ways:

Automatic control

Semi-automatic control

The automatic control lets the aircraft do all of the work, once it reaches a certain speed it will start to sweep the wings by itself and vice-versa

In the semi-automatic control version, it gives you the ability to manually sweep the wings whenever you want, even on the ground at 0 speed.

You have to bind User Action 16 (Opens the wings) and User Action 17 (Closes the wings).

You have to hold the appropriate buttons until you are happy with the wing sweep or until they reach full sweep (either negative or positive sweep)

KNOWN PROBLEMS:

-Some versions has bombs/missiles slightly clipping through bomb bay

-When getting out of aircraft you have to walk towards the back of the aircraft to actually go back to the ground

-Wing Sweep does not work for now. Currently fixing, will be fixed in next installment (100% sure for SP but not sure on MP)

CREDITS:

-Original Author: Alphasim/Virtavia

-Adaptation/Conversion: Mukcep

-Editing/Improvements/Releaser: Giorox [AAG]

Asked Permission to Mukcep to release it as a single addon, here's a transcript of my text and his answer:

GIOROX: Hey Mukcep. I am currently working on fixing a few bugs and editing out/in some stuff into the B-1B Lancer Model. Would i be allowed to release it as a standalone addon? And if so, which credits should i give? Most likely you for the convert and Alphasim for the original models correct?

EDIT: I found the credits on the readme.xls file. For the B-1B they state: Author as Alphasim/Virtavia, webiste as the virtavia website and your name as adaptation. All i need is you written permission to release it.

MUKCEP:to Giorox: I have no objection.

DOWNLOADS:

Mediafire Link

[AAG] - Amphibious Assault Group

http://aagace.enjin.com/

Giorox [AAG]

Edited by Giorox

You did include the bikey but you forgot to include the bisign files. Without those the bikey is useless ;)

Maybe you can include it in an updated archive?

[update]

Awaiting your update I have already placed it on Armaholic :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

New mod or update v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@gix_b1blancer.png

@ Giorox ;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Nice work :)

Is any release for ArmA 3 planned? The B1 and A10 are my favorite planes :coop: :16_6_8:

It would be nice to have the B1 in arma3 ;)

regards

Nussknacker

To Foxhound: I'm currently uploading a version that has the .bisign on, didn't realize i forgot to include it :P

To mastermo: I'm almost 100% sure someone is already working on the B-1B for Arma 3 they even have this amazing sound directory for it. There was even a video on it, it really did look amazing. ^-^

New update v1.0.0.2 with your Signatures and key is now available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@gix_b1blancer.png

@ Giorox ;

we have replaced our generated signatures with yours, thank you for sending us the updated files.

Best regards

@Sonslt6 Thank YOU! :D

@Foxhound I PM'ed you.

To use GPS Guidance, once you've marked it, it should the red box on radar, then you need to tab-lock it and from then on it guides it by itself after you drop the bomb.

Also the AI treat the GPS target as a laser, hence why it's accurate.

Works fine on my end. I'm using ACE/ACRE and CBA and works just fine.

Thanks for informing us about the updated version (added bisign files) :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

New mod or update v1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@gix_b1blancer.png

@ Giorox ;

Greetings, and congrats on your latest release.

Unfortunately it appears that some of your PBO files have not been packed correctly, thus the signature procedure failed to complete for the wop_gui.pbo and the wop_pilot.pbo. We therefore repacked and resigned your PBOs to ensure multiplayer compatibility.

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

There were no other changes at all.

Sonsalt6 simply changed his versioning to match the one on Armaholic i think.

VERSION 1.2!

CHANGELOG

-Addition of 2 more flare launchers to better represent the real life counterpart (totals up to 4 flares per launch)

-Fixed position for getting in. (previously you had to look up into the aircraft, all you need to do is be under it and look at the back)

-Fixed clipping bombs through model in all variants

-Fixed a name error that would list the GBU32 variant as GBU31

-One more attempted fix at wing sweep

-Fixed some options showing up from the outside of the aircraft that aren't supposed to

Download from the main post

EDIT: Also excuse the hiatus in between. School has been sucking the life out of me and i'm mid exam week, i just had some spare time so i decided to push this out

Edited by Giorox

Hey guys, any plans to port this great addon to ArmA3 in the future?

Like i told marsemo. There is a guy working on an Arma 3 version already, i don't know how close it is to completion, but he was doing some work on the sound and it sounded awesome.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Like i told marsemo. There is a guy working on an Arma 3 version already, i don't know how close it is to completion, but he was doing some work on the sound and it sounded awesome.

Cheers for the info dude.

I use this mod in my realism unit for ArmA 2 CO, and i absolutely love it, the one problem i see is if you don't spawn inside of the Bomber it will not have super sonic capabilities, in other words if i have it parked on the runway at the beginning of a game and i get in to fly it, the after burners will not work at all. i tried it in editor as well, i spawned one pilot and an Empty B-1B and the after burners weren't working at all. frankly i love flying at the speed of sound in a plane thats bigger than a C-130. Please i beg of you to fix this. :mad: