A strategy question: Would it be useful to do a quick run through enemy territory early on and knock out the docks on two or three enemy islands that you intend to assault in the future? I know that disconnects them from the supply grid so they don't give their production or resources to the stockpile island. But if I wanted to soften up some targets, would that help? Maybe it makes them repair slower?

As far as I can tell, as soon as you arrive at another island any island that you've left is now back up to full strength. As long as you are at any given enemy island, nothing is repaired on it.

As far as I can tell, as soon as you arrive at another island any island that you've left is now back up to full strength. As long as you are at any given enemy island, nothing is repaired on it.

It's basically a really cheap shortcut the programmers used in making the game.

Nothing is considered in real time, each island loads as you arrive. So, if you arrive at ANY island, the island is always fully constructed (it's never under construction like it could be in the original carrier command). Also, if you take over an island, it's rare to see it actually build anything - it just all spawns when you next arrive at the island.

This has also created some bugs - one example being that if you wear down an enemy island and then destroy the enemy carrier, the in-game movie of the carrier's destruction will cause the enemy island to spawn back up to 100% health when returning to the game after the enemy carrier sinks.

This really hampers the realism factor.

It's a prime example of how a remake can take several steps back compared to an original title that was built on primitive technology.