Sign in to follow this  
sphoenix

[MP] Kavalstro - a 12v12 Attack/Defend mission a la Hexenkessel

vSNpmMul.jpg

Hi everyone! Here's a little PvP mission I made for ArmA 3.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THIS IS THE FIRST VERSION AND IS BOUND TO CHANGE SIGNIFICANTLY IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS/WEEKS.

Executive Summary:

• 12v12 infantry-only combat
  • BLUFOR attacks, OPFOR defends
  • Takes place in Kavala Castle
  • Fast-paced, close-combat situation

I made this mission trying to get a bit of the Hexenkessel feel from OFP. What I ended up doing was a lot more open than Hexenkessel in the size of it, but the spirit remains about the same.

Attackers have 3 choices to advance: an open area, a corridor or a debris field providing a lot of cover.

There are also a couple of towers where some campers are bound to end up... I'll see if I close those up or not.

I wanted to use a ticket system for the attackers' respawn but decided against it for the time being - so do ignore the parameter when setting up the mission on your server. It's currently disabled.

There shouldn't be too many kinks in the system as the mission is straightforward, but if there are any bugs, I'll be sure to take care of them ASAP.

I'm posting here to share of course but mostly in the hope to get feedback from people playing it. I'd love to hear how you think this could be ameliorated!

Many thanks to Tuliq for his Kill Ticker script, used here for dynamism! You can find his work here.

Available on Steam Workshop and as a standalone download (Dropbox).

Thanks to Big for the Armaholic mirror!

Here are a few screenshots:

- BLUFOR Respawn:

acROkDLl.jpg

- OPFOR Respawn (and flag):

0PK9hfIl.jpg

- From left to right: open area, corridor, debris field

kpWNY1Ql.jpg

- Section leading up to the final straight, providing a fair amount of cover

gMpcnLRl.jpg

- Last straight to the flag! Very little cover...

yR9kHAxl.jpg

- An overview of the entire map

wvLaqQbl.jpg

Edited by SPhoenix

Updated description to link to Steam Workshop and Armaholic mirror - thanks Big!

Looks nice :)

Do you have a team and/or a server to play it?

Unfortunately no... That's why I don't recommend putting it on a public server just yet. I have no way of properly testing it, as opposed to a Coop mission which is easily tested in local.

I see. Not familiar with the public play situation or of PvP teams these days myself.

I've shared it in our PvPscene Skype group chat. RFP and SBS might give it a go. :)

You might want to look into Arma Wargames - not exactly the faced paced PvP,

however you might like it and maybe people will become interested to use your mission for warm up or training.

Oh, definitely interested! Thanks for the intel!