Sign in to follow this  
noven

Payday Mod

ARMA 3 Payday Mod -- By Noven http://www.paydaymod.com

Check out an intro video with help from streamer Orangesherbet!

be a tester, help influence the game: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ARMA3PAYDAY

DOWNLOAD BETA 1.08b:
Payday Mod (@) vBeta 1.08

steam workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=201482309

REQUIRED CLIENT-SIDE MODS COLLECTION ON STEAM:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=599933043

NOTE: requires INIDBI mod for dedicated server host to support persistent saving (Hideouts, bank accounts, etc)
INIDBI mod can be found here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167927-iniDBI-Save-and-Load-data-to-the-server-or-your-local-computer-without-databases!

MODS ALSO AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ON ARMAHOLIC:

@CBA_A3: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767
@CUP_Weapons: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27489
@CUP_Units: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29301
@CUP_Vehicles: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29716
@RHP: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20881

Servers hosting this mod: Gurgle's Server [ASR AI3] [speed of Sound Pure Allowed] ip: slagarma3.game.nfoservers.com
(pm if you are hosting and want to be added to this list)

Supports PvE, PvP, and Single Player!

known issues: It sometimes takes time for the "grab money" or "drill safe" or other actions to show up on items in the game (for the variables to propogate over the network).
sometimes bank/last position/gang hideouts get loaded incorrectly. Usually reconnecting fixes this.

Also check my other mod, ARMA MOBA, for more ARMA 3 arcade-style gameplay!

The mod requires @INIDBI mod for servers to support persistent objects (money, hideouts, gear saves) : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167927-iniDBI-Save-and-Load-data-to-the-server-or-your-local-computer-without-databases!

Payday Mod is designed to be a lot of things, but takes inspiration from Civ Life Mod for ARMA, Payday: The Heist and a few things from Grand Theft Auto among other games.

The objective is to deliver and fun and ‘arcadey’ experience within the ARMA 3 engine with character classes and a large economy system. Buy weapon upgrade, cosmetics, items like GPS and range finders, weapons, sensors, even full gang villa hideouts!

Player Classes

Civilian (REDFOR):

Mastermind

SMG and Scoped AR user
*Fast Recovery - When tired, resets stamina back to full.
*Deployable Medic Bag - Requires MedicKit and FirstAidKit. Drops a medic bag anyone can use to fully heal. Consumes a FirstAidKit each use, and lasts a limited time.
*Can heal allies on last stand
*Reduced hideout prices
*Can attempt to bribe guard for $5,000. If successful, guard becomes member of player's squad (gang).

Ghost

SMG and Stealth user
*Smoke Screen - Can deploy smoke screens from vehicles.
*Heartbeat Sensor - Using a mine detector the ghost can detect the number of nearby living humans.
*Ghost can hide bodies.
*Ghosts can quickly disable alarm generators.
*Ghosts have highly reduced fall damage.

Technician

SMG and AR user
*Nitro - Can use nitro in car to instantly boost speed.
*Repair - Using repair kits, can fully repair any vehicle.
*C4 - Can use C4 to quickly open safes.
*Can refuel special mission vehicles

Enforcer

MG and AR/Grenade Launcher user
*Strong Man - Enforces can carry gold sacks with no penalty.
*Invulnerability - can't be killed for several seconds. Has audio cue that may alert enemies to use. Long cooldown.
*Deployable Ammo Bag - Can consume a toolkit to deploy a bag of ammo, including grenades.

Police ( BLUEFOR) :

Engineer

SMG and Scoped AR user
*Repair - Using repair kits, can fully repair any vehicle.
*UGV - can utillize unmanned ground vehicles.
Can spawn Hunter Armored Vehicle and deploy Roadblock Barriers

Weapons Expert

Grenade Launcher and Machine User
*Temporarily Vehicle Invulnerability
*Deploy Ammo Bag - Resupply squad in the field
*Deploy Mounted MG
Can spawn SUV and deploy Sandbag Barriers

Scout Recon

SMG and DMR user
*Fast Recovery - Can reset stamina if tired
*Nitro Boost
Can spawn Little bird and deploy a small berm.

Combat Life Saver

AR/SMG user
*Vehicle has heartbeat sensor capability
*Deployable Medic Bag - Requires MedicKit and FirstAidKit. Drops a medic bag anyone can use to fully heal. Consumes a FirstAidKit each use, and lasts a limited time.
Can spawn Medical Vehicle and deploy roadblock gate.

Money

Heisters (RED TEAM) can earn money from jobs (Bank, Import/Export, House Robbery, Gas Station, Warehouse, etc.). Money is also earned passively if you have less than 10,000 in your possession.

Money can either be stored in the bank, on your person, or on the ground. Bankers can transfer money to and from your account, and the “Y†button brings up the ability to a specific amount on the ground, which you could use to pay your crew, or, alternatively, bait your target into the open with the lure of free cash.

Items can be pawned or otherwise sold such as weapons, cars, and special bonus items like laptops, cameras and cell phones, or drugs can be sold either at pawn shops or shady markets. Gold can be sold for a good price at the Offshore Bankers.

Many items, upgrades, weapons, vehicles, intelligence can acquired for money, even services like healing, re-painting a vehicle or repairing a vehicle can be bought. Explore the island to see what’s available!

Police

Police are a playable side in Payday mod. Guards are friendly and police can assist if alarms get tripped. Alternatively police can intercept drug runners, assist downed helo pilots or assist stranded convoys, amonst other things, to get money.

Police generally get a bonus on their next paycheck rather than instant cash, so you can't retire just yet!

Police Features

Stun guns - can be purchased, which will incapacitate an enemy. Enemies can be arrested for bonus.

Flashbangs - can be used to disorient without the risk of killing civilians.

Attack dogs - can be also be bought, which can also incapacitate an enemy.

Spike strips - can take out the tires of vehicles!

Deployable roadblocks - each class can make its own part to form a checkpoint!

Guards

Guards provide security for the missions. The funny thing about a guard is when you’re dressed like a civilian and don’t have a gun, he thinks you’re a civilian! If you get too close, however, they might see that assault rifle poking out from your jacket!

Civilians

Civilians can alert guards if they somehow notice you have a weapon. They also can be robbed, or even taken hostage! Beware, though, some civilians may try to call the police, or even offer armed resistance!

Infamy

The higher your body count the higher the consequences. Police, SWAT Teams and even Special Forces will try to hunt you down if you are a big enough threat. Police will also be rewarded for eliminating or arresting high value threats accordingly.

Missions

There are many different mission types with quite a range of difficulty. The larger missions are nearly impossible without a disciplined crew! Or at least a bit of good luck.

4-Stores: Finds the safes located in one of the stores and drill it. Then collect the loot.

Gas Station: A few guards guard a few safes. What could go wrong?

Warehouse: A few more guards guarding a few more safes. Sometimes you just get a crate of laptops or something so you need to go to a pawnshop to get rid of it.

Housecall: Sometimes you can find a juicy loot stash in some poor saps’ house. But it’s a lot easier if you pay one of the Shady guys at the Shady Shops a few bucks to let you know where to look.

Supply Raid: If you’re hard up for supplies you can always head down to the local military base and raid them. It’s probably only 15 or so commandos you’d have to kill, then find the air supply codes on their dead corpse, then look all through the complex to find the radio, then use it to call in the actual supply drop, and hope the reinforcements don’t massacre everyone. But who knows? It could work.

Bank: This is what you came for, isn’t it? High risk and high reward would be a good way to put it.

High-Security Bank: You'd almost have to be nuts to try this. Or at least have an experienced crew...

Police and Heister Missionsp: Generally police should return any stolen goods or vehicles to the HQ. Command would appreciate it.

Drug Intercept: Everyone knows the drugs are comming in to Altis by boat. What isnt known is exactly what beaches and and tactics these dealers are using.

Drug Warehouse: Not your typical guards, these guys are professional low-lifes. Safes are guarenteed to be full of drugs, which can be sold at shady shops. Cops are welcome to raid these guys as well.

Convoy Breakdown: Some genius in Logistics Company made sure we only had enough gas to get from Point A to Point B, the only problem is we're stuck at Point C. Get the convoy back to the police base, or the heisters could blow it up and steal the gold inside!

Chopper Crash: An MH-9 went down, but some of the crew is still alive! Recover the downed crew, and either capture or destroy the chopper!

Shops and Buildings

Explore to find all the shop types but here are the basics:

Weapon Shop: Here you can buy some basic weapons like pistols to perform your very first heist. Isn’t that cuuuutttteeeee?

Heavy Weapon: Some people don’t think you should be able to buy fully automatic weapons, grenade launchers and plastic explosives for cash. But those people are wrong.

Clothing shops let you change your pants. ‘Cause you should do that once in a while, you know.

Item shops have things like binoclears and GPS

Hat shops exist. Look like a terrorist in your shemag!

Boat shops can provide an escape route the police might not be looking for or an afternoon of entertainment with cooler of cold beverages.

Armory: Body armor can be purchased at the armor stores. As they say sometimes Class IV body armor really is the difference between life and death.

Air Shops are great if you have a bunch of money and a helicopter gunship equipped with dual miniguns makes a great impression on the in-laws.

Real Estate also known as gang hideouts, can be purchased here

Shady Shops buy drugs and electronics. If you havetoo much money you can also try gambling

Pawn Shops will purchase guns, gold and electronics. That guy didn’t ask any questions either now that I think about it.

Buildings are interactive indicated by the flags at gas stations and hospitals, and there are many stores around the island.

Gas stations can repair, refuel and repaint vehicles for cash. You can also buy a vehicle from here if you get lost. For some reason gas is free in the future, or maybe I’ve just been stealing it all these years.

Hospitals treat injuries for money.

Offshore Banks offer good prices on gold.

Import-Export Garage has repo missions available, which require you to retrieve a specific model of civilian vehicle. You can also sell vehicles for scrap.

Edited by noven

Very interesting. I wonder if you have a server setup with this so players can give it a go? I for one am keen. :)

I've got access to a server. I've been trying to get a group of testers for something like a weekly test session. Add me on steam if interested http://steamcommunity.com/id/n0v3n

Very interesting. I wonder if you have a server setup with this so players can give it a go? I for one am keen. :)

Added basic infamy system and some links to the base post. Updated to v108

Is this a player vs player type mission/mod?

edit.... just seen the bottom (Runs single player stand alone or on a multiplayer server. )

will check it outl!

Edited by Günter Severloh

This is a great idea and I will try it out. You should put this into Make Arma Not War !

EDIT: Just had a little go on it ... very nice indeed, even in SP ! Well done mate .... GREAT potential here.

Edited by Kremator

verion 1.15 updated: performance tweaks, gang hideout marker code adjustmets, gas station flag changed to sign, supply raid drop more valuable, civilian police calls now say coordinates, more civilian vehicles with larger roam

ver 1.17 updated: flashlights added, cops now get 2x bonus for arresting an infamous player (rather than killing him -- needs testing). JIP vehicle bug test fix, house mission fix (?), gas stations now have money withdraw. gang hideouts no longer have deposit ATM and can no longer be moved for now

ver 1.18 - fixed one offshore banker not having actions

Edited by noven

Nice fixes and updates. Thanks mate.

I'm using bCombat as an AI improver and some missions are challenging :)

Played it, and some thoughts.

You should probably make the first mission always be in the town you are in. It kinda sucks the fun out of robbing people when the first thing you need to do is drive 2 or 3 km, then dying and doing that all over again.

The player should probably start with all of their money in their pocket. These people rob banks... do you think they would trust the bank with their money?

alpha 1.22 -- performance improvements and bug fixes mostly. gang hideout system should be raidable by cops. that will remove the hideout and give the cop money

Nice ... having more 'missions' for cops (especially when playing solo) would be great!

If you Guys want to check out Arma3: Payday than you can join my Server. Im hosting on a Root Server. Search for "[GER]ARMA3 Payday Mod-By Noven|SSD+Root" or connect via IP 148.251.80.166:2302. See you at the Bank! ;-)

And again Noven, thank you very much for your work. I really like it a lot! =)

Ver 1.24: Added vehicle locks and tow truck service.

Ver 1.25: Minor bug fixes

Edited by noven

Ver 1.26: Added helo transport! For 200 you and your gang can rent a helocopter to fly from one airfield to another! Fixed gold drop bug

Need download link update for 1.26 Can grab it on Steam workshop, but really want to host on dedi

I might be interested in setting up a dedicated for this. Played it today with a friend, with more people on both sides it can be a blast im pretty sure. Let me know if youre interested, I didnt see any other servers running it.

Ver 1.27 - Bug fix to hit missions --- you now receive 25,000 to your bank when you complete a hit mission given to you from the shady shops! The missions are only on other players that have killed at least one other! Also updated player descriptions for the multiplayer lobby (bluefor = police; redfor = heisters). Added civilian/guard body deletion which should help late game fps

Very nice! I would love to try to add this system to my dedicated server, is there any way to link this to a database ? I'm looking for a missions system to add to my permanent world (non Life like)

Very nice! I would love to try to add this system to my dedicated server, is there any way to link this to a database ? I'm looking for a missions system to add to my permanent world (non Life like)

Thanks. The mission is not yet linked to a database, but it is my plan to add this eventually.

Ver 1.31: Fixed crashing on player join

I've got access to a server. I've been trying to get a group of testers for something like a weekly test session. Add me on steam if interested http://steamcommunity.com/id/n0v3n

I think my community might be able to assist, we are a PMC based communty, so that cashflow idea REALLY plays well into our core focus.

Shoot me a PM if you are still looking.

Cheers.

(Cant wait to give this a shake later today ;) )

Feel like police shouldnt get free stuff.

They should have to use the funds from confiscated goods.

Ver 1.35: Brought to compatability with currnet version of ARMA 3, as well as several performance enhancements. Four stores mission now requires the use of explosives but grants 1500 per person completing the mission.