Sign in to follow this  
lincolnlou

Abrams mbt

Request

Arma 3 tanks are all pretty fun i must say but there is only Three MBTs in the game and Nato shouldnt have the Merkava as there tank its a israeli tank...

if anyone is working or is willing to port over the Abrams from arma 2 please let me know i am sure everyone here would love to see this back on the

battlefield.

arma2_arrowhead__vehicles_abramstusk_zpsda7e3009.jpg

Sexy she is ; ))

The ArmA II M1A1 and A2 model is faily old and you can see it's age dating back to Armed Assault.

I can only say that perhaps in coming months a properly (means very realistic) models of all M1 tank variants will be released, if Gurdy will finish them, which I hope will happen.

They are old tanks but very affective and battle tested. and Gurdy? you got any link to this guys project?

Just look at the other equipment as well, the mrap, apc, AA and MBT are all based on israeli design(The aa got the merkava body with a different turret)

They are old tanks but very affective and battle tested.

It is hard to call 34 years old design to be old. Merkava is also more than 30 years old design.

and Gurdy? you got any link to this guys project?

I am providing Gurdy with informations and advise him. However I do not have permission to show his work. But be patient, perhaps in near future he will show his work on this forum.

From what I seen, I can only say, his work is superb. ;)

They are old tanks but very affective and battle tested. and Gurdy? you got any link to this guys project?
It is hard to call 34 years old design to be old. Merkava is also more than 30 years old design.

I believe that Beagle is referring to the age of the 3D models and textures used in Arma 2, not the designs of the tanks themselves.

Will the M1A1/A2 Gurdy is creating be equal in armor to what ACE-2 had applied to their M1A1/A2 configs? Say, 5 shots APFSDS to take her out?

I mean there has to be some tank to equally threaten the life expectancy out of a mighty T-80UM2/T-100 Varsuk tank, right? (currently six shots APFSDS 'til she blows.)

BIS' default Arma-1/Arma-2 M1A1/A2 was taken out with three shots APFSDS, which is a severe underscore to the tank's actual battlefield performance.

So I hope for some decent configuration for this M1A1/A2 that Gurdy is developing. But hopefully it comes in standard NATO-tan/brown just like the Merkava/Slammer, perhaps amongst others?

I am providing Gurdy with informations and advise him. However I do not have permission to show his work. But be patient, perhaps in near future he will show his work on this forum.

From what I seen, I can only say, his work is superb. ;)

Old but very good haha the US military is actually working on a new MBT to replace the Abrams or to give it a massive over haul starting next year in 2015.

Ok hahah well tell him i say keep up the work Arma 3 needs that sexy bitch

---------- Post added at 02:55 ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 ----------

Will the M1A1/A2 Gurdy is creating be equal in armor to what ACE-2 had applied to their M1A1/A2 configs? Say' date=' 5 shots APFSDS to take her out?

I mean there has to be some tank to equally threaten the life expectancy out of a mighty T-80UM2/T-100 Varsuk tank, right? (currently six shots APFSDS 'til she blows.)

BIS' default Arma-1/Arma-2 M1A1/A2 was taken out with three shots APFSDS, which is a severe underscore to the tank's actual battlefield performance.

So I hope for some decent configuration for this M1A1/A2 that Gurdy is developing. But hopefully it comes in standard NATO-tan/brown just like the Merkava/Slammer, perhaps amongst others?[/quote']

Hey man if you use the Real armor mod it already makes all Tanks and heavy armored vehicles take more hits.... the Kuma and T100 and Markava take at least 5 shots from a APFSDS round from the front... sides and back are a whole another story... also missiles will bounce off your tank... all depends how u are facing them with this mod.... its pretty nice i have to say... u can actually use any tank the entire mission instead of driving 60 miles then get blown up the second u get to the mission haha

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171586-Real-Armor-Mod

hope this helps... Just hope to see the Abrams real soon

Will the M1A1/A2 Gurdy is creating be equal in armor to what ACE-2 had applied to their M1A1/A2 configs? Say' date=' 5 shots APFSDS to take her out?

So I hope for some decent configuration for this M1A1/A2 that Gurdy is developing. But hopefully it comes in standard NATO-tan/brown just like the Merkava/Slammer, perhaps amongst others?[/quote']

It is still WIP, far from config writing, however I made extensive research work for realistic values for armor protection. I sended it for Olds also so he can eventually include this in to his work. What I can say is, the newest M1A1SA/FEP and M1A2SEP would most likely at front take much more than 5 APFSDS, in fact turret front is impenetrable for any known today APFSDS that is in service, at least from estimations, hull front is also very well protected. A bit different story are sides, rear and top armor.

As for camouflage, as far as I know, Gurdy is making real camouflage patterns for it, being olive drab, NATO 3 color and desert tank CARC.

Still tough, you probably wait a lot for Gurdy to finish his work, but you can see here on a forum his model of M1 or M1IP that was tested in ArmA2 engine. ;) Good look searching.

US military is actually working on a new MBT to replace the Abrams or to give it a massive over haul starting next year in 2015.

US military just publiced only their desire to start development work (so they don't work on it yet) after 2020-2025, and noody knows if it starts. And M1 ECP1 upgrade will start not in 2015 but 2016-2017 per schedule.

So I hope for some decent configuration for this M1A1/A2 that Gurdy is developing.[/quote']

Please stop counting how many round it takes to knock out a tank. Either you apply other methods of fighting armored vehicles or switch game. :)

What I can say is, the newest M1A1SA/FEP and M1A2SEP would most likely at front take much more than 5 APFSDS, in fact turret front is impenetrable for any known today APFSDS that is in service, at least from estimations, hull front is also very well protected. A bit different story are sides, rear and top armor.

As for camouflage, as far as I know, Gurdy is making real camouflage patterns for it, being olive drab, NATO 3 color and desert tank CARC.

At least you're not in full denial regarding frontal armor protection of the Abrams.

Hopefully this addon is not based on the Arma2 M1A2 TUSK. This is a pretty unaccurate model. A pity there was not satisfying model at all. And OD is not an official pattern anymore. This would be good for most of the 80's versions but 3col NATO or CARC is the choice.

At least you're not in full denial regarding frontal armor protection of the Abrams.

In fact many modern tanks have frontal protection levels so high that most if not all ammunition types are not capable to defeat it. Obviously excluding weak spots where there is no possibility to improve armor protection significantly like gun mantled or drivers hatch. And even older tanks after modernization with some additional protection, achieve levels of more modern tanks, like T-64BM "Bulat".

Hopefully this addon is not based on the Arma2 M1A2 TUSK. This is a pretty unaccurate model. A pity there was not satisfying model at all.

Oh, no no, it won't be ArmA2 model, but all variants have completely new models based on photos and videos documentation. I provided Gurdy with as many photos of TUSK-1 and TUSK-2 kits as possible. Also CROWS on M1A2SEP will be installed in proper place, not like on prototypes. Frankly TUSK kit for M1A2 in ArmA2 was based on photographs of early prototype.

And OD is not an official pattern anymore. This would be good for most of the 80's versions but 3col NATO or CARC is the choice.

Yes, OD will be pattern for M1 and M1IP, 3 color NATO and desert tan are for M1A1's and M1A2's.

Oh, no no, it won't be ArmA2 model, but all variants have completely new models based on photos and videos documentation. I provided Gurdy with as many photos of TUSK-1 and TUSK-2 kits as possible. Also CROWS on M1A2SEP will be installed in proper place, not like on prototypes. Frankly TUSK kit for M1A2 in ArmA2 was based on photographs of early prototype.

That sounds promising. I've seen a few M1A2 deployed in Iraq with ARAT I tiles only. Did you check out this book:

Tankograd_3009_M1_Abrams_TUSK_v.jpg

Many good pictures in there... :)

That sounds promising. I've seen a few M1A2 deployed in Iraq with ARAT I tiles only. Did you check out this book:

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Literatur/Militaer/Bilder/Tankograd_3009_M1_Abrams_TUSK_v.jpg

Many good pictures in there... :)

Actually I have this book. As many others. ;)

TUSK kit is relatively modular, so you could see vehicles in many different configurations of TUSK. In fact for example, the TUSK-2 kits used in Iraq, were early configuration, while final configuration have a slightly different set up of M32 ARAT-2 tiles on turret sides.

Also some components originally developed within TUSK kit, become standard equipment for tanks after their refurbishement or modernization, like TIP tank infantry phone, rear driver camera (which is very elegant design as well, hidden in rear right or left light assembly), or rear battery connector to outside power source.

So there is a lot of interesting stuff.

BTW, I found Gurdy's posts on forum, where he presented his work, so I think he will not mind if I repost them here.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8632965/M1A1%20renders/IPM1_1.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8632965/M1A1%20renders/IPM1_2.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8632965/M1A1%20renders/m1a1_1.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8632965/M1A1%20renders/m1a1_2.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8632965/M1A1%20renders/m1a1_3.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8632965/M1A1%20renders/m1a1_4.png

;)

Edited by Damian90

Good decision on starting a thread about the Abrams young man.

We can cross reference your thread topic to other similar threads, then take appropriate administrative action in line with international thread moderation standards, confirm the cued action aaaand it's closed... your thread is closed

Please use the thread Harzach linked to for such requests and the affiliated discussions.

Thanks ;)