Sign in to follow this  
Raid

[WIP] F-22 Raptor A3

Keep at it mate :) i know that you will get it perfect :P

Very exciting! I hope you will be able to overcome these obstacles. I really want a F22 in ArmA 3 lol. Keep up the work!

Very exciting! I hope you will be able to overcome these obstacles. I really want a F22 in ArmA 3 lol. Keep up the work!

Loving the FB-22 haha but thanks.

Update | Flaps, Ailerons and Rudders have been completed.

http://i.imgur.com/W1Hps3a.png (114 kB)

Nice, work!

Randomslap and raid teamup and make an awesome F-22 Package! :yay:

Will the F-22 later get the custom loadoutsystem from the F-18? O.o

Nice, work!

Randomslap and raid teamup and make an awesome F-22 Package! :yay:

Will the F-22 later get the custom loadoutsystem from the F-18? O.o

Haha well seeing as I have never done a mod from the ground up I might ask him when I'm ready to help me get it in game.

Custom loadout... Unfortunately that would probably be the very last thing to happen as well would solely be up to John_Spartan as I am in no position to start writing code that in depth.

-Raid

will your Raptor have Helmet Mounted Sight System(althought it's been implemented in real life...yet)?

;2718050']Looking good' date=' Raid! Keep it up (hope you got a nice texture to fit your precise model ;)[/quote']

Yes lets hope. :confused_o:

Don't hope, make it so. Texturing is just like modelling and any other learned skill really, the more you work with it and understand the fundamentals the better you can become at it, when I first started it was nothing more than copy and pasting little rivets onto a big panel in mspaint and unfortunately my best is not public at this time but looking back on then and now the difference is astonishing and it feels great to have come that far, to be able to paint you creation in all sorts of different ways.

That and its the big payoff after the arduous task that is UV mapping.

Don't hope, make it so. Texturing is just like modelling and any other learned skill really, the more you work with it and understand the fundamentals the better you can become at it, when I first started it was nothing more than copy and pasting little rivets onto a big panel in mspaint and unfortunately my best is not public at this time but looking back on then and now the difference is astonishing and it feels great to have come that far, to be able to paint you creation in all sorts of different ways.

That and its the big payoff after the arduous task that is UV mapping.

I understand where you are coming from especially as I am someone that teaches themselves to do things in this world. Real life texturing however is something that I have not been able to get my head around. I simply don't understand how it is done.

---------- Post added at 23:19 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

I HATE LANDING GEARS. Don't know how it's supposed to fold up....

Looking SOLID raid! amazing work! cannot wait for this mate! keep at it. chip away slowly and a piece of art will emerge!

I understand where you are coming from especially as I am someone that teaches themselves to do things in this world. Real life texturing however is something that I have not been able to get my head around. I simply don't understand how it is done.

---------- Post added at 23:19 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

I HATE LANDING GEARS. Don't know how it's supposed to fold up....

These might help.

http://cgi.tutsplus.com/articles/how-to-hand-paint-convincing-metal-textures--cg-1765

http://cgi.tutsplus.com/tutorials/create-a-game-ready-fire-extinguisher-with-3d-studio-max-part-5--cms-20832

Edited by NodUnit

Raid, is there any way we can help out with this project? Donations? Anything? I'd love to see this come to light! I've been craving a decent F22.

Raid, is there any way we can help out with this project? Donations? Anything? I'd love to see this come to light! I've been craving a decent F22.

Honestly it's just taking awhile as I'm teaching myself how to model as I go. Then after that the textures will probably take awhile as well. Getting it in-game well I pretty much know the fundamentals. I might do a basic release when I'm done with just the textures you see now. So as the title sates it's a Work in Progress and will be complete when it's complete. No sooner, no later. As for donations, this is my spare time and I couldn't possibly ask that of the community.

-Raid

Hey Raid,

I wanted to send you a PM regarding your model, but I had to have at least one post first, so here it is.

Cheers.

Hey Raid,

first let me say i'm psyched that someone is making an F-22 for A3!

So,

If you want any tips/tricks on how to model an F-22 check this quasi-tutorial out http://mikejamesmedia.com/f_22_edits_15.html. He has done many revisions/updates over the years with some good information either on the aircraft or how to model it, and yes I know his level of detail is way too extreme to reasonably use in A3 but it could still help.

Also I think implementing stealth in A3 would be a great feature and it has been done before on a previous A2 mod for the F-117, may want to look into it :). Oh, another if you want to know what the Raptor is capable of in a more in depth manner try perusing the discussions on F-16.net lots of great information and discussion there.

The front landing gear is coming along nicely I think. http://prntscr.com/46gbm9

Edited by Raid