Hi X, thanks for your efforts. Doing an insurgency map is a snap now. Quick question and sorry in advance if it's been answered elsewhere. I've noticed that clients w/o your mod can't join my server. Just want to make sure it's required and that i'm not doing something wrong. Thanks again.

If you put any XLIB modules down on the map and host it, XLIB becomes a dependency and is required to connect.

You know what time it is?

ANSCHLUSS TIME

get XLib today! :F

2qgo1lS.png

XLib Release 1.2.0

Documentation of new features will be up during the week, for now please ask me directly if you want to use one of the new features or check the examples at the end of this post

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wps79030zbsfzfj/XLib_1.2.0.zip

Changelog

ADDED
	|v- KeyCatcher feature (automatic key catching without the need of integrating custom keyEventHandlers)
	||- function X39_XLib_fnc_unregisterKey
	|\- function X39_XLib_fnc_registerKey
	|v- ActionDialog Feature (generic dialog available for anybody and accessable by simply adding new actions via script commands)
	||- New entry in properties panel to configure the self/others interaction key
	|\- function X39_XLib_fnc_ActionDialog_registerAction
	\- function X39_XLib_fnc_convertCodeToString which converts a code (for example: '{hint "BLABLA"}') to a string (keeping the example: '"hint ""BLABLA"""')
FIXED
	\- Escape cant be selected as key anymore (still dont know why you guys always chose it ...)
REMOVED
CHANGED

Example code

X39_XLib_fnc_registerKey

/*	
*	Registers a new key
*	@Param1 - SCALAR	- KeyCode
*	@Param2 - BOOL		- shift pressed
*	@Param3 - BOOL		- ctrl pressed
*	@Param4 - BOOL		- alt pressed
*	@Param5 - CODE		- Code to execute
*	@Param6 - STRING	- variable in profileNamespace for dynamic settings (param 1-4 are just fallback values), variable content needs to be nil or [sCALAR (keyCode), BOOL (shift pressed), BOOL (ctrl pressed), BOOL (alt pressed)]
*	@Return - SCALAR	- KeyID
*/
//Example call
//[0, false, false, false, {hint "im getting executed when i press a button"}, "aVariableInsideOfTheProfileNamespace"] call X39_XLib_fnc_registerKey;

X39_XLib_fnc_ActionDialog_registerAction

action without subactions

/*	
*	Registers a new (sub)action
*	Actions having subactions cannot have a custom buttonAction (images are allowed)
*	@Param1 - STRING		- Text to display	
*	@Param2 - STRING		- Image (use "" for no image) [color="#FF0000"]not functional in current version[/color]
*	@Param3 - STRING/CODE	- buttonAction (will automatically transformed to a STRING)
*	@Param4 - CODE			- Condition to be displayed (works also on actions with subactions)
*								Available preDefined variables:
*								- X39_XLib_var_ActionDialog_Target
*								- X39_XLib_var_ActionDialog_Executor
*								- X39_XLib_var_ActionDialog_IsSelf
*								- X39_XLib_var_ActionDialog_ExecutorInVehicle
*	@Param5 - SCALAR		- parent action ID (use this to add subactions or leave blank if not needed)
*	@Return - SCALAR		- ActionID (in case of a subAction it wil return the parents action ID)
*/
//Example call
//["SomeText", "", {true}, {hint "Germanball: WÖRK POLAND! Polandball: kurwa ...";}, -1] call X39_XLib_fnc_ActionDialog_registerAction;

action with subactions

/*	
*	Registers a new (sub)action
*	Actions having subactions cannot have a custom buttonAction (images are allowed)
*	@Param1 - STRING		- Text to display	
*	@Param2 - STRING		- Image (use "" for no image) [color="#FF0000"]not functional in current version[/color]
*	@Param3 - STRING/CODE	- buttonAction (will automatically transformed to a STRING)
*	@Param4 - CODE			- Condition to be displayed (works also on actions with subactions)
*								Available preDefined variables:
*								- X39_XLib_var_ActionDialog_Target
*								- X39_XLib_var_ActionDialog_Executor
*								- X39_XLib_var_ActionDialog_IsSelf
*								- X39_XLib_var_ActionDialog_ExecutorInVehicle
*	@Param5 - SCALAR		- parent action ID (use this to add subactions or leave blank if not needed)
*	@Return - SCALAR		- ActionID (in case of a subAction it wil return the parents action ID)
*/
//Example call
//_ID = ["SomeText", "", {true}, {}, -1] call X39_XLib_fnc_ActionDialog_registerAction;
//["Germanball", "", {true}, {hint "WÖRK POLAND!";}, _ID] call X39_XLib_fnc_ActionDialog_registerAction;
//["Polandball", "", {true}, {hint "kurwa ...";}, _ID] call X39_XLib_fnc_ActionDialog_registerAction;

Thanks a lot for informing us about the updated version mate :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Yeas same here. When hotfix comes?

Cannot look into anything while im at work sry

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

Hotfix is out:

Version 1.2.1

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9ydyiqbapaaaf91/XLib_1.2.1.zip

Changelog

1.2.1	ADDED
FIXED
	\- game crash when addon gets loaded without XMS2 (include file path was still refering to an old file)
REMOVED
CHANGED

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Release 1.2.2

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/but5nuspsttgfbi/XLib_1.2.2.zip

Changelog:

ADDED
FIXED
	|- ActionDialog feature sometimes overwrites actions when they are registered BEFORE the ActionDialogs init has been processed
	|- KeyCatcher feature sometimes overwrites keys when they are registered BEFORE the keyCatchers init has been processed
	\- KeyCatcher feature sometimes throws script issues when keys are registered BEFORE the keyCatchers init has been processed
REMOVED
CHANGED
	\- ActionDialog is now using ctrlSetEventHandler instead of buttonSetAction so that now SQF is supported ... (stupid arma ...)

Some general notes (you usually can ignore them kindly):

GLaDOS

Hey!

Great mod, with cool features. However when you install the from PwS or from the Armaholic file, there's an error in the mod.cpp file. A " is missing from the first line, which strangely enough won't let the mod start, at least not with PwS. But add the " to the line manually, and you're good to go :)

Just a quick follow-up question, as I haven't been able to find any ansers for it yet. Does the Insurgency module work with vehicles as well? I tried creating a quick mission today, with infantry, boats, and some vehicles, and only the infantry part spawn, where the boats and vehicles just stay at the "mass unit" point.

Edited by MFG4Ever

Hey!

Great mod, swth cool features. However when you install the from PwS or from the Armaholic file, there's an error in the mod.cpp file. A " is missing from the first line, which strangely enough won't let the mod start, at least not with PwS. But add the " to the line manually, and you're good to go :)

Just a quick follow-up question, as I haven't been able to find any ansers for it yet. Does the Insurgency module work with vehicles as well? I tried creating a quick mission today, with infantry, boats, and some vehicles, and only the infantry part spawn, where the boats and vehicles just stay at the "mass unit" point.

The insurgency module is only working with infantry ( for patrouling vehicles there will be a seperated module in the future )

The insurgency module is only working with infantry ( for patrouling vehicles there will be a seperated module in the future )

Sounds great, looking forward to it, keep up the good work!

My game crashed when i tried to open the "expansions" tab under the "configure" tab in the in-game menu. I got this report: prntscr.com/475dep

Then I read this post and after adding the ", i could open the expansions tab again.

Hey!

Great mod, swth cool features. However when you install the from PwS or from the Armaholic file, there's an error in the mod.cpp file. A " is missing from the first line, which strangely enough won't let the mod start, at least not with PwS. But add the " to the line manually, and you're good to go :) [...]

It's a simple fix but many people might be unable to use the expansions tab and not knowing how to fix it.

Thank you =D

My game crashed when i tried to open the "expansions" tab under the "configure" tab in the in-game menu. I got this report: prntscr.com/475dep

Then I read this post and after adding the ", i could open the expansions tab again.

It's a simple fix but many people might be unable to use the expansions tab and not knowing how to fix it.

Thank you =D

You're very welcome, I would suspect this minor error will be corrected by the next update of XLib.

when i use AmmoCaches module. and use enemy unit CAF Aggressors. but they didn't drop Intel.

I know CSAT and another default A3 units can drop Intel. is there any way to CAF Aggressors can drop intel?

I'm sorry my poor english. thanks.

when i use AmmoCaches module. and use enemy unit CAF Aggressors. but they didn't drop Intel.

I know CSAT and another default A3 units can drop Intel. is there any way to CAF Aggressors can drop intel?

I'm sorry my poor english. thanks.

they should also drop intel (intel drops are created using allDead so)

but if i find the time i will look into that

please report if its really not possible at http://mantis.unitedtacticalforces.de

Release 1.2.3

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qdq47jod5rfhc21/XLib_1.2.3.zip

Changelog

ADDED
   FIXED
       |- 0000060: Clicking self/other interaction multiple times will cause unwanted feature
       \- X39_XLib_fnc_unregisterKey param1 default value is now -1 instead of 0 (was possible to abuse the function easily)
   REMOVED
   CHANGED
       \- ActionDisplay will close if there is no actions to display

PatchDay PatchDay

Release 1.2.4

Download:

http://cloud.unitedtacticalforces.de/public.php?service=files&t=73e1ce12e01588102b0686df98807c86

Changelog:

ADDED
	|- function X39_XLib_fnc_executeLocalToUnit - Executes !SMALL! commands automatically local to given unit
	|- class "x39_itemcore" which can be used to add simple items to the game which wont do anything
	|v- RequestSystem --> Allows a modder to ask simple Accept/Deny questions to the player in a non blocking way (no UI is generated! Its a HUD element like the hint is)
	|\- function X39_XLib_fnc_createAcceptRequest - Creates a new Accept/Deny dialog for given target
	|v- InsurgencyModule
	||- minDistanceToPlayableUnitsForSpawn option - Sets how far a newly spawned unit should be away before it is allowed to spawn
	||- maxDistanceToUnitGrid option - Sets the max distance an insurgency unit is allowed to walk away from its original grid before it gets despawned
	|\- maxDistanceToOwner option - Sets the max distance an insurgency unit is allowed to walk away from its 'Owner' (the unit which triggered the spawn) before it gets despawned
	\- function X39_XLib_fnc_damageTypeFromProjectile - Returns UNKNOWN, BULLET, GRENADE, SHELL or EXPLOSIVE depending on the projectile type
FIXED
	|- ActionMenu opens other interaction menu when nothing has been targeted
	\- modProperties menus TYPE_COMBOBOX did not worked propper in selection menu
REMOVED
CHANGED
	\- ActionDisplay will close if there is no actions to display

hope you enjoy the changes

X39