Sign in to follow this  
blackpixxel

UTS-15 Shotgun

Until the magazine is full I want to play a reload-animation for every single round

The animation on the GUN is no problem, it works correctly with the reload animation source. If you mean reload animation of the MAN, I'm not entirely sure but I think you have to define those in the config.

and increase the ammocount by one at every iteration.

In the end you should just reload one single bullet if you just shot one and two if you shot two instead of reloading the full 7 rounds each time.

So are you saying you want the guy to "top off" and keep the thing fully loaded at all times? Have fun with that ;)

Hi there,

some months passed where I haven't done anything for this mod. But in the last two days I started to work on it again.

Now I finished exactly the reload-system that I wanted. Unless you have less than two magazines in your inventory they will automaticly get repacked. That simulates that you dont have magazines for this shotgun in the real life. You can always load one magazine completly when you have 7 rounds. With this new system you will always be able to completely load the gun - if you have at least two magazines in your inventory.

The next thing is the reload animation. While they look currently very bad, the basic functionallity is working. When you shot one round and reload the animation only plays one time. The character only plays the animation for the number of bullets that are missing to top off the weapons magazine. But when you are switching the type of ammo the animation will be played the full 7 times.

Here is a short video of the two new improvements:

Maybe I will also change the way of switching the ammo type. This would require an animation of unloading a bullet. Then the animation would be played for every round that is still in the weapon, and after that the real reload animation will be played.

But the next thing is to make the dual-magazine system as well as reload animations for the right magazine and animations for crouching.

In another forum section I already got the hint of using two muzzles for this.

Feel free to share your ideas and tipps, because there are many things that I don't understand about the whole config thing.

Great to see you didn´t gave up on this unique weapon, BlackPixxel! You still have a long way ahead, but this will definitely worth of it (fully animated, textured and will all those ammo options... wow, just wow!)

;)

Hi,

in the last days I continued to work on the gun. It is always so time consuming and then I am just able to make small steps.

However, the dual magazine system is now working. The player can now load two different (or same) types of ammo into his gun and change via the fireselector-button 'F'. With a lot of help I also got the pump of the gun moving with the hands after every shot. The Ironsights are now folding correclty and the magazine selector switch is also animated. Fortunately I discovered that the Arma Toolbox for Blender is a much better way to work than with Oxygen and less frustrating. With this new Toolbox I made the first UV texturing amd first RVMATs. Additionally trying to implement an integrated flashlight under the barrel like the real UTS-15. It is basically working, but it needs some more configuration to be able to controll atachment and flashlight independent from each other.

Here are some picutes of the current progress. You can see the pump that moves back with the hands during the reload. I also moved the laser on top of the gun, it think it looks a bit more 'badass' :cool: So I could remove the side rail that is also not there on the standard version of the real UTS-15.

2014-07-24_00006_zpse2e6655b.jpg2014-07-24_00004_zps5d467a96.jpg2014-07-24_00003_zpsf8c772f9.jpg

Of course, for an experienced addon maker these are easy things, but for me it is always challenging to get into all the new steps. But I am sure that it will be finished soon. Thanks so far for all the help !

Edited by BlackPixxel

Reloading only the amount of rounds you need is awesome, and that's just a fraction of this shotgun.

I want more, is there a list of planned ammunition for this?

Well, I think I will do the different ammo types when everything else is finished.

Until now I did not looked what different types of shells exist in real life, so I plan to do add Slugs to the existing Buckshot and HE rounds.

If you have another idea for a special purpose ammo, feel free to tell me, I will try to implement that!

something i tried to do a long while ago was making smoke ammo, i wanted to have them to detonate on impact creating a 'pop' of smoke rather then what a smoke grenade would do while still having some (But decreased) damage potential.

Well, I think I will do the different ammo types when everything else is finished.

Until now I did not looked what different types of shells exist in real life, so I plan to do add Slugs to the existing Buckshot and HE rounds.

If you have another idea for a special purpose ammo, feel free to tell me, I will try to implement that!

Really eager to see it when it's done, on par with vanilla a3 weapons quality wise.

Hey man! Love the look of this shotgun!! Just what ARMA 3 needs! Some CQB love!

I have two questions:

1) Will there be a reload interrupt function? For example, empty the magazine and start the reload process. You come around a corner and bam! Another CSAT guy! Could you stop the reload process with only 1 or 2 shells loaded in order to deal with the threat immediately?

2)Do you have an ETA? I know I'm supposed to ask that but I only ask because I would like to offer my assistance with any config stuff that needs doing. I'm not super experienced with ARMA 3 addons but I know C++!

Thanks for the awesome work!

Hi,

reload interruption is a great idea! I think that I will make it interruptable by simply chancing the firemode, in this case it means switching between the two magazines. This would also solve another issue. The player was able to reload both magazines at the same time.

I cannot really say when it will be finished. At the moment I am working on the animations for being prone. I also have to work o the materials, so that plastic looks like plastic.

I am just a bit afraid that some of you have to high expectations to this weapon. This is my first mod, so I may not be able to make a super duper quality weapon. But I am always trying to do my best.

It already looks better than a lot of other weapon mods. Take your time :)

hey no worries! This looks alot better than tons of other stuff out there. And you will get alot more downloads and be more pleased with your own work if you go slowly and only release when you are good and ready.

Thanks for taking my suggestion!!!

Cant wait for this! (no rush)

Hi,

reload interruption is a great idea! I think that I will make it interruptable by simply chancing the firemode, in this case it means switching between the two magazines. This would also solve another issue. The player was able to reload both magazines at the same time.

I cannot really say when it will be finished. At the moment I am working on the animations for being prone. I also have to work o the materials, so that plastic looks like plastic.

I am just a bit afraid that some of you have to high expectations to this weapon. This is my first mod, so I may not be able to make a super duper quality weapon. But I am always trying to do my best.

Don't worry about the timing man, your implementation of reload interruption and reloading only the shells you need have already placed this mod head and shoulders above any other shotgun available for A3. Best of luck!!

Hi,

during the last days I made some new textures. Now there is a black one (which does not look very good, I don't what I should do to make it look more like plastic) as well as CTRG, AAF and a grayscale CSAT version.

2014-08-23_00064_zpse873b10f.jpg2014-08-23_00041_zps340baba5.jpg2014-08-23_00030_zps11c361a2.jpg2014-08-23_00020_zpsa5d7bc1e.jpg

Different reload animations for the magazines and standing or being prone are working too, but don't look really convincing. But I think they serve their purpose. Reload interruption is also working. You won't be unable to defend yourself when an enemy catches you during reloading. The process will stop and you will have as many rounds in your gun as you reloaded before the interruption.

Now I will have to make the distance LODs and clean up the code.

Unfortunately I am not able to let AI use the reload animations. At least you should be able to see pumpaction and reloading of other players. Maybe I find a way to let it work for AI too.

Edited by BlackPixxel

That looks really great.

I think the black version looks fine. Often many black weapons or other items look too shiny and plastic.

Awesome work, Blackpixxel, you´ve done what BIS couldn´t in all A3 development ;)

I hope you´re planning adding ASDG Joint rails so we can slap RH and FHQ´s scopes on this fine piece of digital art =)

cheers!

Hi,

at the moment I'm stuck in the scripting part. The problem is multiplayer. The current solution with an init.sqf that runs the eventhandlers does not work as expected, the fired eventhandler seems to disapear after some time, so there is no pump action animation and the reload animation is also not working since it needs some informations from the pump action script.

If you have a better idea how to solve this problem, please let me know! I don't know how to do it, so at the moment I cannot continue..

does it disappear after respawn? it'S a common problem. just add a respawn EH too.

Not really after respawn, but a short time after you spawned the first time. Maybe it is also caused by the mission (Armory Mission). But it is important that it works on every mission.

Thank you for the hint with the respawn EH, I will add that too.

WOW! This mod is amazing looking so far and all the detailed you put into it so far! What do you use to make your mods?! Great job so far. Cant wait to play with my favorite shotgun in the world in my favorite game in the world! ;) Love that there will be a large amount of attachments and power to the gun. Good luck!