Sign in to follow this  
meatball

Turn off Team Lead Marker and Distance?

I've got a mission where the players get separated at one point and shouldn't know where each other is. Using server difficulty settings I've been able to disable the markers on friendlies and the team lead, but I can't seem to get rid of the fact that the players always seem to have a waypoint pointing back to the team leads position. As in, they get the hint on their screen corners the direction and distance the team lead is from them.

Anyone know how to completely disable any hints/markers that show the team any information about other team members?

No dice. Tried adding in "setGroupIconsVisible [false,false];" to my init.sqf, but if you open up the map and then close it, you still get the 'waypoint' marker on your main viewscreen showing you the direction and distance to the group leader.

Edited by Meatball

Try this one: join

You can make your units leave and join groups by triggers placed on the map.

Nope...I've tried and I can't do that either. Breaks BTC revive (and a lot of other revive scripts). :)

Edited by Meatball

Nope...I've tried and I can't do that either. Breaks BTC revive (and a lot of other revive scripts). :)

well then... I suppose disabling permanent HUD waypoints info in the game settings has been tested already?

Yeah, unfortunately. I've got difficulty set to Veteran and everything disabled except for Camera Shake, Net Stats and Weapon Cursor.

I've also noticed that even though the player's own marker doesn't show on the map, the two big NS/EW crosshair lines that go across the entire map are still visible and show where are.

All I want is for players to not be able to see where they or anyone else is on the map. Sometimes doing the simplest things are so hard...

All I want is for players to not be able to see where they or anyone else is on the map. Sometimes doing the simplest things are so hard...

Take their maps away. ;)

I could, but I want them to see their maps. Point is they have to actually use their compass and do some orienteering :)