Sign in to follow this  
Azza FHI

weapon holders released in last patch - how to use?

in the spotrep http://dev.arma3.com/spotrep-00019

there is talk that empty weapon holders have been added and its now possible to place weapons/ vest etc on them via editor. but there are no instructions on how to do this exactly. I know there are scripted ways but what is the best way to do it now that bis have released them?

edit - I have found the gunrack in the editor at the top of 'ammo' with no text. is this it, is what they are talking a bout just the gunrack models and it still needs to be scripted? or did they include the function aswell?

Edited by Azer1234

use empty weapon holders in editor by placing it then in its init field use whatever add command you need.

example

this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["30Rnd_9x21_Mag",4];

Yes this will add a mag to its inventory. But i am trying to use it as a weapon holder which apparently is its purpose. This means model the guns onto the racks...

From my understanding, that new weaponholder is basically the same as the regular weaponholders, except it doesn't get auto-deleted when it's empty. So you could place it on a table for example to allow players to put stuff in it (on the table).

And no it won't do any fancy stuff unless you script it to do so.