Sign in to follow this  
Greenberet40

Road Painter

Anyway adapt to the road painter to Arma 3?

Someone has tried? if it posible... unless to export xyz modified to our maps we win a lot of time ¡¡¡ :D

Problem is that road placement is totally different from Arma 2: now you simply draw paths and they get filled with texture. Major problem is the heightmap smoothing for the roads...while Cryengine is very well suited for that task. I dont think V4 will come with an automatic roadsmoothing script ?!

I think it will zerog. Have faith. :)

I'm pretty sure v4 has one so hopefully that gets slid into our pe version.

...Major problem is the heightmap smoothing for the roads...

i have used it only to smooth the terrain:)

The smoothing works perfect with the Brush/Level-Tool in Buldozer in combination with this terrain smoothing script: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173599-Smoothing-Terrain-Visitor-Script

It's not as fast as the original roadnet smoother, but the results look much better as everything is leveled and smoothed by hand.

At the moment I am working on a replacement for the avenue script.

i have used it only to smooth the terrain:)

I try to work whith allinarma and road painter but not working when i starT road painter this addons needs more of pbos Arma AOA (CA-FUNCTIONS ....)

"MADRE MIA" BOHEMIA NOT REALIZE THAT WE ARE DOING WONDERS FOR A MAP WITHOUT POWER TAKE APPROPRIATE TOOLS?

If Terrain Builder has the LandBuilder modules found in Visitor 4, then you will be able to use the SmoothAlongPath module to smooth the terrain according to the shapefile you use for your roads. Take a look at the devref manual for VBS2 for more detail, lots of stuff in there on the different features. I just started making terrains in VBS2, and the tools allow me to create roads and the like very, very quickly. Here's hoping these features have made it into the new Terrain Builder! We'll find out for sure tomorrow it seems.