Sign in to follow this  
Citadel

[COOP 16] AAF vs Rebels 1.0 (ALiVE)

AAF_V_REBS_03_small.pngAAF_V_REBS_01_Small.pngAAF_V_REBS_02_Small.png

AAF vs REBELS (ALiVE) 1.0

A Calamity Squad Mission by Citadel

Situation:

Treachery! After months of instability, the political party known as the FIA has finally done the unthinkable; they have removed their representatives from our just and noble parliament and taken up arms to disrupt our peaceful democratic nation. To make matters worse, those dogs in CSAT have joined with the traitors! Heroes of our nation's valiant armed forces, you must take the fight to the traitors in our own country. For this purpose, the nation's most elite warriors have been organized into the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Special Purpose Battalions, to combat the threat on sea, air, and on land, respectively. Your detachment is being posted to a small camp on the coast of Stratis. Utilize the camp's assets to neutralize the threat to our lawful government's control of the island.

It goes without saying that you and your teams are being monitored closely for unpatriotic activity.

Description:

This is a lightweight, straightforward coop mission for between one and sixteen players. It's designed with less powerful computers in mind, so it will work well on either a dedicated server or a local host. Players can perform just about any battlefield role, thanks to the presence of both the VAS and VVS. Furthermore, the mission is highly mod-compatible, so additional weapons-packs, vehicle addons, and AI modifications should run without conflict.

It works great for a "gather around the server" mission as well as something to occupy the entire afternoon.

This is a total overhaul of my earlier mission, "AAF COIN".

Features:

- Uses the new ALiVE system. Hundreds of units battle over northwest Altis, and thanks to the innovative ALiVE Profile system, system performance is maintained.

- TAW_Tonic's VVS and VAS systems, for maximizing your team's tactical options.

- ALiVE's Combat Support module offers advanced options for team leaders use of CAS and helo transport.

- For 1 - 18 players, broken into three squads of six. All playable units have either an engineer, explosives, or medic specialization which can be used or ignored by individual players to fit the unit's needs.

Installation:

Extract the .pbo file(s) to your Steam/SteamApps/common/ArmA 3/MPMissions folder.

Known issues:

- The BON Recruiting script is originally for ARMA II, so it causes a harmless error the first time a player uses it.

- There is no proper end-game state yet. The mission will not end on its own.

Credits & thanks:

- ALiVE Mod team. Brilliant work!

- CBA Mod team, the bedrock of ARMA III's mod community

- TAW_Tonic's VVS and VAS scripts

- BON Recruiting Script from ARMA II makes a comeback, as is deserved.

>>DOWNLOAD<<

Great work, I played your mission yesterday with 4 friends.

Only some questions. We used a heli with the "Talk to the pilot" action, which works good, but if we use the Insertion we don't know how to use a rope. Is there any way or do I need a fast rope addon.

And if the heli is back at base and we captured an objective how can I call a heli for extraction?

Or is it the way to land the Heli every time near to the objective and use it after capturing, but then I have the risk that the enemy destroys it. Do you have some advice?

Thanks.

Great work, I played your mission yesterday with 4 friends.

Only some questions. We used a heli with the "Talk to the pilot" action, which works good, but if we use the Insertion we don't know how to use a rope. Is there any way or do I need a fast rope addon.

And if the heli is back at base and we captured an objective how can I call a heli for extraction?

Or is it the way to land the Heli every time near to the objective and use it after capturing, but then I have the risk that the enemy destroys it. Do you have some advice?

Thanks.

The support module is part if ALiVE, so if the module is left as the defaults, then you can grab a laserdesignator, use the interaction key, this will bring up the support tablet, where you can tell the heli where to land/pick you up.

Great mission Sub!

The support module is part if ALiVE, so if the module is left as the defaults, then you can grab a laserdesignator, use the interaction key, this will bring up the support tablet, where you can tell the heli where to land/pick you up.

Great mission Sub!

Ahhh, laser designator. Thanks for the tip, I will test it.

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

Fast rope is not part of ALiVE, can you maybe include the following fast rope script to your mission, if it is not to much work? That would be great, because then it will be possible to use the Heli Insertion Task.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23961

---------- Post added at 12:42 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

I checked the script, you only have to add the zlt_fastrope.sqf to the mission folder and add

[] execVM "zlt_fastrope.sqf";

to the init.sqf

I hope this will work.

Nicely done!! Can I link this thread to the ALiVE wiki so others can find missions that use ALiVE?

ALiVE console with Laser Designator does not work. For this case the insertion task with fast rope script makes no sense, because after insertion the helicopter does not fly back automatically and without console on the ground I cannot command him to fly back.

The only chance is to command the pilot to land, then command him to fly back and disembark immediatly.

But then I have no helicopter after town capturing and without console I cannot call him for extraction.

We are only 3-5 guys, the support console would be important for us. Any chance to get it working?

Thanks.

Wounding system doesn't seem to work for us. Players are dead after being wounded several times or shot in the head.

Am I missing something?

Wounding system doesn't seem to work for us. Players are dead after being wounded several times or shot in the head.

Am I missing something?

Well thats probably a simple but effective unmodded wounding system.

With the Vanilla options you get only death and respawn...while using other scripts you get a cold revive.

A simple but effective wounding system gives the doctor/or other members the option to "heal/First Aid" you as long you don't have outrageously fatal wounds :D