Sign in to follow this  
WhiskeySixx

Realism in player models.

I think the artist ability of BI is truly great. The quality of player models and weapons IMO is right were it should be. There is one thing I believe that is overlooked in all gaming communities #1 because most people are unaware #2 A lot of people don't want others to know. One of the few games that did this correct that i'm hinting at is Brother in Arms. Finally the point I am getting at is the correct portrayal of age of men within the ranks of our fighting forces. Our bloody wars are not fought by masses of men in their late 30's. They are fought by young men in their teens and early 20's. When it comes to war and realism.. This is something that should not be overlooked and should remind us daily of who really suffers.

I think the artist ability of BI is truly great. The quality of player models and weapons IMO is right were it should be. There is one thing I believe that is overlooked in all gaming communities #1 because most people are unaware #2 A lot of people don't want others to know. One of the few games that did this correct that i'm hinting at is Brother in Arms. Finally the point I am getting at is the correct portrayal of age of men within the ranks of our fighting forces. Our bloody wars are not fought by masses of men in their late 30's. They are fought by young men in their teens and early 20's. When it comes to war and realism.. This is something that should not be overlooked and should remind us daily of who really suffers.

In short, you want new faces that look younger?

In short, you want new faces that look younger?

Win. Whole post, in a nutshell.

mh its not a immersion breaker - but it is realistic i say yes :)

I'm never close enough to see their faces. They could be aliens. On that note, RUN! Aliens are here!

The faces aren't really detailed enough to determine their age. There's one guy that's obviously supposed to be an old man but apart from him and the 'Story' faces, pretty much all of the faces could belong to a guy anywhere between 20 and 35.

The faces aren't really detailed enough to determine their age. There's one guy that's obviously supposed to be an old man but apart from him and the 'Story' faces, pretty much all of the faces could belong to a guy anywhere between 20 and 35.

A lot of the voices, on the other hand, sound quite old and gruff, which, to be fair, is a problem with every video game ever.

Before I would worry about their age I would like to see differences in body size and height

The problem with this is that there isn an ideal body type for video games. I'm sure some people would like to RP their character or something, but anyone who wants to have the best chance of not being shot is going to play the smallest character they can. Very few people want to play a really tall guy who can't take cover behind low walls because he's too big.

Very few people want to play a really tall guy who can't take cover behind low walls because he's too big.
Also he'd frequently bump his head driving in a tank, but maybe the big guy would be a great breacher or door kicker. If only.

This is a serious game with seriously indistinguishable characters to underline how serious it is. Variations in size, body type and features could be done for cosmetic looks without impeding on the game experience and actually enhancing the interaction between players. Somehow its contradictory that so many people complain about the lack of realism but everyone is complacent with being displayed as a a clone.