Sign in to follow this  
daterxies

Can someone suggest a RELIABLE host?

Greetings. Im looking for a good host that can support Coop missions with about 16-32 players. I currently use Gameservers and it does not run very good at all, and these are missions made with minimal scripts etc to make sure performance is good.

Server needs to have US locations. Who have you had the best luck with? Willing to pay that extra $ to have the server run efficiently. Still rather new to all of this but hope i can use headless client on server as ive heard good things of it.

Just a note, depending on the number of AI you have in them mission, this may not have anything to do with your hosts.

Typically 30-40 player and 150 AI = serverside bad fps and that will pass onto the clients, who will then also have poor fps.

This is a B.I engine performance issue which is currently W.I.P

Yea i understand that. I narrowed it down to a few. HFB Servers, FPSplayres and Survival Servers. Ive read up a little bit on headless clients for helping with the AI. I emailed these providers to see if they offer the ability to use it. Anyone else have any suggestions?

My group (TAW.net) has a very good US server, and on Altis, for coop, we have been limiting our numbers to about 100 AI at a time and a max of about 30 players. That works pretty well (for people with fairly good machines). It's gotten better with patches in the last few months, but I still don't trust the engine to handle all that terrain, 40-50 players, and 200+ AI like we used to run on Arma II.

I just cross my fingers and hope for continued optimization. Meanwhile, I make coop missions that are limited to <=30 players and try to keep the AI count <=100 or so (and don't put a lot of empty vehicles on the map).