Sign in to follow this  
trooper117

Adapt... Finished :)

Just finished the second part of the campaign, Adapt... Have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Some tough missions in places... mainly tough because my AI squad mates keep doing everything but carry out the orders I need them to do. :banghead:

As usual the mission then becomes a lonewolf fight fest.

One thing that really surprised me was the mission to distract enemy forces while 'Miller' and his team affect a rescue further up the coast (Attention Deficit?)... The surprise was that it was almost a carbon copy of the 'night' showcase mission... not very original to sling it in the campaign, (yes, they even set it on Stratis) :icon_wink:

That said, it ends on a 'WTF' moment, and I'm looking forward to the next instalment to find out what is going on!

Despite my little gripes, pretty good fun throughout :icon_mrgreen:

I play the mission with the hope my AI teammates will actually obey my orders.

In one of the "Adapt" missions I have 4 squad members when we get attacked by the enemy. I can't for the life of me make them disengage and run with me in a retreating fashion to re-organise a counter attack. They just prefer to stay and die like facing armour without any AT weapons. I have tried changing their "Behaviour" to aware or safe, make them stand up rather than cower and hide, ordered them to "Disengage", ordered them to "Fall back" and even tried making them move to a random location 500 meters away all to no avail.

This stuff makes the game a little frustrating, you either have to stay on top of the enemy AI or struggle along with the clunky understanding of the AI. You almost need access to all the scripting commands to be able to disableAI "FSM" etc or Dev's could somehow make a "Retreat" command similar to the "Advance" command where they just drop what they are doing and run like the wind.

I also end up playing most missions in a lone wolf style also after moments of frustration with ordering AI around. Another way around it is just to play multiplayer : P

Nice job with the missions as a general rule though.

I play the mission with the hope my AI teammates will actually obey my orders.

In one of the "Adapt" missions I have 4 squad members when we get attacked by the enemy. I can't for the life of me make them disengage and run with me in a retreating fashion to re-organise a counter attack. They just prefer to stay and die like facing armour without any AT weapons. I have tried changing their "Behaviour" to aware or safe, make them stand up rather than cower and hide, ordered them to "Disengage", ordered them to "Fall back" and even tried making them move to a random location 500 meters away all to no avail.

Ordering them to Hold Fire will make them return to formation even if you don't order them to disengage.

A lot of the supposed problems with the AI in the campaign can be solved if you learnt just one or two things on how to command...

Right... where in the official documentation does it state that the 'hold fire' command will make your troops return to their formation?