Sign in to follow this  
meatball

Setting Cloud Levels through Script on Dedicated Server No Longer Working in 1.13

Update: I accidentally put 1.13 in the title, I know the new patch is 1.12 :)

Since the 1.12 patch today, it appears that setting initial Overcast/cloud levels through scripting no longer works on dedicated servers. You used to be able to do something like this in your init.sqf (or called script) to set overcast/cloud levels.

skipTime -24;
86400 setOvercast 1;
skipTime 24;
simulWeatherSync;

On a locally hosted server, that still works correctly, setting the client to Overcast of 1 and loading the sky with clouds. If you do the same thing on a dedicated server, the client does actually get an overcast level of 1, but there's no clouds in the sky.

Can someone else give that a shot and let me know if it's just something on my side, or that's something others are seeing.

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

I think it's related to simulWeatherSync. I can get the same results on a local client/server setup by commenting out the simulWeatherSynch; command. Leads me to believe that something changed with the command or weather that no longer allows simulWeatherSync to run correctly on a client when connected to a dedicated server. I am also seeing this in rpt files, "SimulWeather - Cloud Renderer - noise texture file is not specified!"

Edited by Meatball

"SimulWeather - Cloud Renderer - noise texture file is not specified!"

I think, thats clearly stating its broken, now.

setOvercast does got transferred to your client, but simulWeatherSync is unable to generate the clouds on the client.

Waiting till next patch or Hotfix then. :(

greetings Na_Palm