Sign in to follow this  
alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack - Additional Pack

@Alduric : just to clarify - you´re updating theses fixes of Additional Maps, so they can meet the new standards of A3MP and thus fix the Savegame issues, or they doesn´t need updating and should save the game normally? I ask this cus when I activate the additional maps I get the noSave bug, maybe I´ve put more A2 maps than those covered by your fixes (can´t check right now, not at my PC) or the AP maps still needs some work on their errors?

cheers!

Excellent release, Alduric, many thanks. Been digging through a pretty large collection of A2 maps, seeing which ones are functional now.

For everyone reporting the issue with the waterline on FATA, Alduric had already answered this issue with a link to download FATA without ponds (just requires a bit of time for someone to read through the topic): https://mega.co.nz/#!Q18Bwagb!Ub1WRTerNSOSqiL5j9bNSSiUPdsjGlomrSHSMuadQS4

Still have noticed a waterline on Clafghan map even after removing the 'pond.pbo' from the addons. Doesn't happen often and only seems to pop up in certain areas, but not nearly as bad as it was before.

game seems to be crashing now... Getting a Fata_fix requires addon Praa_sound... when i start the game

game seems to be crashing now... Getting a Fata_fix requires addon Praa_sound... when i start the game

Had the same problem. Removing the fata-files from @a3mp_ap\addons resolved it - as long as I don't want to play on FATA... ;)

Had the same problem. Removing the fata-files from @a3mp_ap\addons resolved it - as long as I don't want to play on FATA... ;)

wtf is Fata.... Also i deleted the update mod and for some reason i cant play anything now ... when i go to multiplayer game just crashes

wtf is Fata.... Also i deleted the update mod and for some reason i cant play anything now ... when i go to multiplayer game just crashes

As you might have guessed, as we're talking about the "ArmA 3 Map Pack - Additional Pack", FATA is indeed a map. The other problem however is completely unrelated to a3mp.

As you might have guessed, as we're talking about the "ArmA 3 Map Pack - Additional Pack", FATA is indeed a map. The other problem however is completely unrelated to a3mp.

i was thinking it was the mod that messed it up.... i am getting a pop up about MP frame work and script

having strange horizon at clafghan, it seems like water is floating at sky

I do not know if anyone else already mentioned it, but on FATA while loading the map i get the error message "cannot open object ca\wheeled\hmmwv_wrecked.p3d" shown on the screenshot:

Screenshot_FATA_ERROR

It also occurs while flying in the north from west towards the big military base.

Could you pls have a look at it.

Regards

NBRC_FOX

Not sure why this is so hard to comprehend. A3MP-AP is meant to make certain A2 maps functional in A3. It doesn't provide you with the maps, or the addons needed for those maps, it simply adds A3 effects/lighting/fixes for the maps to work without tons of visual errors. FATA (Federally Administered Tribal Areas) is a map designed and released for A2. In order to use any of these maps, or the fixes contained within A3MP-AP, you must first download the A2 map that it corresponds with, as well as the required addons for the map.

If you have no intention of using any of the maps listed for this addon, or only certain ones, then remove the 'fix' file from this addon for whichever maps you WON'T be using. Not using FATA? Then remove the files 'fata_fix' and its bisign...then when A3 is launched you won't get errors about FATA. Same goes for the 7 other map fixes located within this addon. Downloading just the map itself without the addons required for the map WILL NOT WORK. FATA requires several other addons in order to function properly, these addons can be obtained from the download page for the map itself.

This really isn't rocket science people, and a little common sense can go a long ways. Not sure why anyone would download this if they don't even know what it does, or if they have no intention of using any of the maps that this addon fixes. You will need more than just this addon alone to use A2 maps in A3, so if you are unwilling to search around and download the requirements, then why bother downloading in the first place?

When building detroied in Clafghan, people who near it go straight up to the sky about 10m

I'm still getting the Startup fallujah error. What is the fix for this?

-I opened the extensions tab and enabled both the A3MP and A3MP-AP mods as well as CBM and then restarted A3.

-Opening A3 up after I enabled the mods, an error popped up in front of the A3 splash screen stating "Addon 'fata_fix' requires addon 'praa_sound'" right as the addons were being initialized. I "ok" the pop-up and let A3 continue starting up. I go to the editor tab to see what maps I have; I now have the maps from A3MP but none from A3MP-AP. I go back to extensions and see that then I had A2 and A2: OA available to enable as well. I enabled them. Upon enabling A2: AO, an in-game window popped up stating "Picture ca\ui\data\logo_arma2ep1_ca.paa not found". I closed it and restarted it, thinking I finally might have gotten it to work.

-Opening A3 up after the second restart, the same error popped up in front of the A3 splash screen stating "Addon 'fata_fix' requires addon 'praa_sound'" right as the addons were being initialized again. I clicked "ok" and continued A3 starting up. Right as I got to the main menu, in-game window popped up stating "Picture ca\ui\data\logo_arma2ep1_ca.paa not found" popped up once again. I closed it and looked to the maps available in the editor. Still no maps from the A3MP-AP mod were available.

What am I doing wrong? I've heard about something called "mb_objects" doing something for problems related to one of these mods. Where can I find the mb_objects mod if someone thinks that'd help my situation?

As I have enabled only A3MP by itself and had nothing wrong happen nor error pop up, I'm assuming it's A3MP-AP that's causing these issues.

----

Might have discovered the problem. It seems A3MP-AP is a way to make those other maps work correctly in A3 and not just make them available through the mod itself. I'll try an see if I can now fix this situation.

Edited by Nullrick
Might have discovered problem.

-I opened the extensions tab and enabled both the A3MP and A3MP-AP mods as well as CBM and then restarted A3.

-Opening A3 up after I enabled the mods, an error popped up in front of the A3 splash screen stating "Addon 'fata_fix' requires addon 'praa_sound'" right as the addons were being initialized. I "ok" the pop-up and let A3 continue starting up. I go to the editor tab to see what maps I have; I now have the maps from A3MP but none from A3MP-AP. I go back to extensions and see that then I had A2 and A2: OA available to enable as well. I enabled them. Upon enabling A2: AO, an in-game window popped up stating "Picture ca\ui\data\logo_arma2ep1_ca.paa not found". I closed it and restarted it, thinking I finally might have gotten it to work.

-Opening A3 up after the second restart, the same error popped up in front of the A3 splash screen stating "Addon 'fata_fix' requires addon 'praa_sound'" right as the addons were being initialized again. I clicked "ok" and continued A3 starting up. Right as I got to the main menu, in-game window popped up stating "Picture ca\ui\data\logo_arma2ep1_ca.paa not found" popped up once again. I closed it and looked to the maps available in the editor. Still no maps from the A3MP-AP mod were available.

What am I doing wrong? I've heard about something called "mb_objects" doing something for problems related to one of these mods. Where can I find the mb_objects mod if someone thinks that'd help my situation?

As I have enabled only A3MP by itself and had nothing wrong happen nor error pop up, I'm assuming it's A3MP-AP that's causing these issues.

----

Might have discovered the problem. It seems A3MP-AP is a way to make those other maps work correctly in A3 and not just make them available through the mod itself. I'll try an see if I can now fix this situation.

Yes, you are correct, A3MP-AP is just a way to run some extra 3rd Party maps alongside those included with A3MP, but it does NOT provide those maps for you, you have to download the maps and requirements yourself. If you read my post just a few above yours, I try to explain a bit how it works.

I had read your post ,you're referring to shortly after posting my problem. So I did that bit of research and then some more to find the actual maps in question. However now that I've put the files in Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Addons... the maps still don't show up. I'm still looking into as to why this is happening. I'm still fairly new to ArmA as a whole, including mod file placement, which I'm now assuming is where I'm messing up.

Modfolders should reside in "\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\" or "\My Documents\Arma 3", but not in some "Addon"-folder. However, the modfolder itself should contain a folder named "addons".

You can also use a launcher like PWS (http://play.withsix.com/), which does all this work for you.

Modfolders should reside in "\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\" or "\My Documents\Arma 3", but not in some "Addon"-folder. However, the modfolder itself should contain a folder named "addons".

You can also use a launcher like PWS (http://play.withsix.com/), which does all this work for you.

Oh wow. I did not know about PWS. It was very helpful and made me realize that those mods probably weren't meant to be manually installed. There were some maps that haven't been made available for A3 to make use of A3MP-AP though. Only for A2. I could only find FATA for A3. Can't wait until they're released for A3 though. Fallujah and Podagorsk look amazing.

I still haven't played on FATA however. First I tested a few things. Like installing and then uninstalling mods with PWS. After uninstalling, I went back in-game and looked at my extensions. It seems even though I uninstalled them with PWS, I still have them in my extensions. This feels like it shouldn't be happening. Did I do something wrong?

Is anyone else having issues with the new version of this pack. Everytime i load arma it says im missing files for thrisk

just install the maps manually and then sync with PWS.. will work fine with A3 in 98% of cases

SJ

Well that's why I tried out PWS. I can't seem to get them to work correctly although I extracted the map files to the only place the majority of people are telling me to extract them to.

But the fact that although I uninstalled everything I initially installed with PWS and still said mods remain available in my in-game expansions tab isn't wrong? It won't somehow come back and bite me in the ass later? Does anyone know why this is happening?

Edited by Nullrick

eek, I would not be messing the the extensions tab in game Use one method or another.. not both.

Download the mods you want i.e. islands/maps from Armaholic and then Sync them in PWS they will show up as Local mods i.e. with a little computer icon. That means they are local to you and PWS thinks doesn't recognise them as compatible with A3. Doesn't matter add to your mod collection and load into the game from that Collection. As long as you are running A3MP they will probably be availble.

Alternatively Get AiA (all in armour) from within PWS and that makes most A2 mods automatically compatible with your A3 build. Just most people don't like to run both.

SJ

eek, I would not be messing the the extensions tab in game Use one method or another.. not both.

SJ

Oh that's just awesome news. No one told me about that. I didn't know PWS acted as the enable/disable feature in-game. So should I uninstall A3 completely and re-install it to help get rid of, what I now understand to be doubles, of the extensions? I don't want these extra things just lying about somewhere that I can't find. Just tried looking for the mod files that seem to still be in my A3 files.

--

Alright. Disregard anything I said above. All the "doubled" files have now suddenly disappeared. So now I just need to figure out how to manually install the files I have that are supported by the A3MP-AP mod. Thanks for the help your patience could muster and for coping with my complaining.

angry-computer-large.jpg

Edited by Nullrick

Don't worry it's a nightmare the first time.. You'll get it...

SJ

Alright. New issue with PWS. I can install CBA, A3MP, (not A3MP-AP) SThud and VTS weapon resting and then launch the game. I get no pop-ups and get to the main menu. All I see is the CBA logo to the right of my screen, just under the BIS update box and no other mod logos. I check the editor to see if any of the A3MP terrains are available and they're not. I go in-game to see if the VTS resting mod was installed and it wasn't. Nothing but CBA was installed. Has anyone else had this problem?

Nullrick, check this video link out...

http://www.3commandobrigade.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1830

Just check you have done it right :-)

This is primarily how to use a repo, but the principle is the same - If you have them already installed they will be in the mods/game folder or indeed just grab new ones from "BROWSE" and add to your collection.