Sign in to follow this  
krocebow

Arma 3 Signing addons

Hello,

I'm encountering a problem with signing addons. I've got a dedicated server which runs Arma 3 Altis life. I wanted to add some skins/mods so I went to armaholic and downloaded some like max police mod and c130...

I made a @folder and then addon folder, I copied there all the mods I've downloaded, then I modified the commandline and added -mod=@folder...

When I try to connect its say the files I got (on my computer in the same @folder) are not signed by a key accepted by the server. So I've looked in the internet and I found DSSignFile, I used it on the pbo files but some of them are already signed. I ignored this and continue signing all the mods I've got, I put them in the @folder with their bisign key but I still can't connect and get the same error.

I know there is something I didn't understood but I can't find what exactly? Can I re sign mods that I didn't make? If yes, how? Because what I've done till now didn't make it.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by krocebow

The problem with resigning mods, you havent made, is that EVERY single client, who wants to connect to your server, has to have the mods signed with your key.

So basicly, you need to re-distrbute it to every single player on the server mate, which is far from ideal.

Instead, find mods which are signed, and simply add the key to the key folder in your arma directory, and all will be able to join.

Theres no reason to start resigning addons, especially if they are already signed by someone else :)

But it sounds like all you have to do is add the key to the key folder, and it should work.

Either that, or disable signature verification, but its not something you really want to do on a public server tbh.

Hi. I've got a launcher ready to distribute needed files to all my players. The problem is that not all the mods are signed and even the none signed ones doesn't seem to accept my key. I've done it right but doesn't work.

The key folder is something I didn't get: There's a key folder in the @folder and one outside where is the a3.bikey, the bikey must go where in the server and in the player computer? The bisign keys goes with the pbo files but don't know where to put the public key.

Thanks.

the bisign goes with the PBO's to both the server and all clients in the @mod folders :)

the bikey it self, only has to be on the server inside the key folder, no clients needs this.

basicly the PBO's get checked and compared to the "masterkeys" in the key folder, and if it fits it will allow them.

so if you have signed them, place your bikey on the server, inside the key folder and it should work just fine.

if it doesnt work, you might have signed them wrong.

EDIT:

forgot to mention, the key folder i refer to, is the folder next to your arma3.exe file. thats the folder it reads the bikeys in, so thats where you want to put your keys, for the signed addons. You will find a3.bikey inside this folder.

if theres a key folder inside one of the @mod folders, simply copy and paste that bikey into the proper key folder, in the arma root directory and it should work fine.

most signed addons have the bikey placed inside the @mod folder, so its easier to distribute it :)

Edited by Byrgesen

@krocebow

"I wanted to add some skins/mods so I went to armaholic and downloaded some like max police mod"

Did You read my license of use?!

Max_COPS AND ROBBERS MOD

By Maxjoiner

It's not possible to modify my MOD without my permission.

It's not possible to use parts of my MOD without my permission.

It's not possible to use my MOD in private servers (ex.Stratis life or Altis life)

without my permission.

It's not possible to resign my MOD without my permission.

For information contact me:

Email in readme

Did You read my license of use?!

Max_COPS AND ROBBERS MOD

By Maxjoiner

It's not possible to modify my MOD without my permission.

It's not possible to use parts of my MOD without my permission.

It's not possible to use my MOD in private servers (ex.Stratis life or Altis life)

without my permission.

It's not possible to resign my MOD without my permission.

For information contact me:

Email in readme

Hi,

I've red the licence, also i already sent you an email your answer was just: its not possible to resign my mod!!!! So why you tell people to ask for your permission?

I finaly made my own textures so dont need neither your permission or your mod.

Thanks!

Before You tried to modified my mod and after You asked me my permission and also you complain ...

Thanks You too....

Before You tried to modified my mod and after You asked me my permission and also you complain ...

Thanks You too....

This is my server:62.210.114.170 You can check for your files if they exist. I sent you an email to ask for permission before even edit your files. I was stuck at re signing, so now I found how to resign, but I let down your mod.

And to share with others: You have to unpack and re pack by using cpbo.