Sign in to follow this  
reyhard

East Static Weapons Pack

Another thing I noticed, on the BMP-1, when firing the gun, it plays both cannon and missile sound, and fires both missile and gun blast effects.

And that's perfectly normal, you should read up about the 2A28 cannon :)

Here's the proof :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BMKoOpTqQ68#t=490

Watch from 8 minutes 10 seconds mark.

Edited by Goosevich

Another thing I noticed, on the BMP-1, when firing the gun, it plays both cannon and missile sound, and fires both missile and gun blast effects.

Some hint:

A small PG-15P powder charge is used to boost the projectile from the gun barrel at 400 metres per second (1,300 ft/s). Once the projectile has travelled 10–20 m (33–66 ft), the rocket motor starts and accelerates it to 700 m/s (2,300 ft/s)

And that's perfectly normal, you should read up about the 2A28 cannon :)

Here's the proof :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BMKoOpTqQ68#t=490

Watch from 8 minutes 10 seconds mark.

Uh, no.

What I mean it plays the missile launcher effect on TOP of the turret, where the Sagger is sitting. The rounds themselves do not appear to show any hint of rocket propulsion.

uhm? they have rocket trail but it's rather hard to see (did it intentional). this is how it's looking on my pc

Hk1Kezil.jpg

No, this is what I mean. The missile effect fires on top of the turret, where the Sagger sits, every time you fire the gun. I am not talking about the projectile.

The rocket trail -is- visible for me, though, didn't spot it at first since it was so faint.

Brilliant work. For some reason I find myself really taken by the T-34 haha.

Would it be possible to have the tanks and BMPs and stuff also have setups for groups (ie the groups you can put down in the editor when you press F2), like two or three or something please? Or however many. I think (and I could be wrong) that the Alive mod looks for groups, mostly, so in my (brief) testing I didn't really see the enemy using any of your great vehicles, which was a shame...

blastcore?

Nope. No effects mods at all, only additional gear. I use Community base addons, AV US Army, RH and Massi's guns, Sabres US Army, Cunicos masks, Arma 2 maps, Alive mod and ASDG joint rails.

If this is on my end entirely, I'm gonna turn off everything and check over what causes the error.

I've noticed that ZSUs won't attack me in Peral's A-10C in the DBO Afghanistan 3 map, but the CSAT's Tigris do attack me. Something I thought worth reporting.

Perhaps it's something to do with their configs' threat/cost values? Have you noticed this on any other maps?

@ Darkhorse 1-6 - as I found hard to maintain unbinarised files I will release them after finishing content of those packs

@Reyhard,

I have been trying to put your weapon bags into vehicles, but when assembling the weapons I get an error "Bad Vehicle Type RDS_xxx". Strangely this doesnt happen when you disassemble the weapon, only when assembling a previously unassembled weapon eg. RDS_Metis_Gun_Bag + RDS_Metis_Tripod_Bag. I simply dont have the knowledge to investigate further, any help would be most appreciated.

Is there a complete classname list for this addon? Attempting to find the West mortar shells.

I have been dismantling and attempting to reassemble the west m2, but when reassembling the weapon will fully disappear from the game, including the bags.

Edited by Cargh

@Reyhard: First off, love the mod!

Secondly, after the most recent A3 patch I've noticed something strange happening when an AI controlled D-30 tries to fire via a script. Before the patch I used something along the lines of:

d30 commandArtilleryFire [ markerPos "someMarker", getArtilleryAmmo [d30] select 0,1];

..and this worked perfectly. But after the patch it seems that the AI no longer compensates for distance and doesn't adjust the bore. Instead it just shoots straight ahead. Also the Podnos 2B14 doesn't seem to want to fire at anything via a script. I tried a few of BIS' artillery units and they seemed to work.

So either I'm being a dummy and not doing it right, or something in the patch changed something. If it is the former and anyone knows a good solution I'd appriciate any help I could get. If it's the latter I thought I'd let you know at least.

@Reyhard: First off, love the mod!

Secondly, after the most recent A3 patch I've noticed something strange happening when an AI controlled D-30 tries to fire via a script. Before the patch I used something along the lines of:

d30 commandArtilleryFire [ markerPos "someMarker", getArtilleryAmmo [d30] select 0,1];

..and this worked perfectly. But after the patch it seems that the AI no longer compensates for distance and doesn't adjust the bore. Instead it just shoots straight ahead. Also the Podnos 2B14 doesn't seem to want to fire at anything via a script. I tried a few of BIS' artillery units and they seemed to work.

So either I'm being a dummy and not doing it right, or something in the patch changed something. If it is the former and anyone knows a good solution I'd appriciate any help I could get. If it's the latter I thought I'd let you know at least.

This is the same behaviour I noticed when using the BIS support modules with the RDS statics, both virtual and non. The D-30 doesn't fire indirectly, but direct. The Podnos didn't fire at all.

Reynard,

Sudden has found a solution to the APCs not being operable in amphibious mode. Here is his solution below:

Cheers!

Sorry for the delay. I was out for a while.

Have you made the geometry buyoancy LOD? You can find it in a BIS boat's sample model that comes with BI Tools.

BR,

Sudden

I think that will fix it buddy!

Lamar

I really like this mod, it sure looks nice!!

Is the BMP-3 anywhere in your future plans? Just curious. Anyways, keep up the good work!!

@ Jonathan0434 - I don't think so as bmp-3 is in RHS. Maybe T-90 & Tunguska but who knows. Expect soon something different :)

Ok, thanks for that!

But what is RHS? I'm presuming it stands for Red Hammer Studios but can you tell me about it?

Is there some love in the works for the BRDM2? The driver view is functional, but could use a turn out/open hatch option, and the gunner/commander optics really need a zoom level.

For a scouting vehicle, it just isn't that good at it at the moment. Unless I'm missing something.

@ Jonathan0434 - you are correct. I'm doing stuff with them and that's a reason i don't spend that much time on that project.

@ L3TUC3 yeah, there is no brdm2 im my pack :

@ Jonathan0434 - you are correct. I'm doing stuff with them and that's a reason i don't spend that much time on that project.

@ L3TUC3 yeah, there is no brdm2 im my pack :

Really? Well, that's awkward, it must be a Drongo original then. I thought his was an extension from your pack with SAA and Hezbollah. The CDF/Taki/Ins/Reb versions are all there. I'll have to figure out who made it.