Sign in to follow this  
reyhard

East Static Weapons Pack

weird problem, dont know if its related to this mod, but cant tab enemy tanks to my gunner when im commander in a tank, i have set ammo on sabot. But if i set the gunner to use machinegun, i can tab enemy tanks?? anyone else problem like this??

Really appreciate all the work and time you have put into the sights!

Author is on fire! Is Tunguska, T90 and BMP3 included in the Arma 2 samples? Would be neat to round up the Russian hardware porting :)

weird problem, dont know if its related to this mod, but cant tab enemy tanks to my gunner when im commander in a tank, i have set ammo on sabot. But if i set the gunner to use machinegun, i can tab enemy tanks?? anyone else problem like this??

Not sure if i'm understanding that correctly, but during testing this stuff (also in MP) we never encountered that problem.

BUT we all had separate keybinding for targeting enemies( because of Fire Control System, it needs it) try that.

Oh, and just in case - there is no "lock" icons while using main armament (ie cannon's), but the "lock" icon is still present while targeting with coax and ATGM's (ATGM's lock on = only for AI usage).

Is there a BM-21

*sigh* really ?

Author is on fire! Is Tunguska, T90 and BMP3 included in the Arma 2 samples? Would be neat to round up the Russian hardware porting :)

Some BTR could be nice if the team fancy it ( also the Mi8 hasn't been ported yet ).

BTW it's understood that the Finnish beers are for all the members of the mod :)

Thank you so much. :) I especially enjoy that you put in work on the animated plate on the Shilka!

Love your work Reyhard, thanks!

Wow... brilliant !

Out of interest I can see that the aggressors team also have a t55 in the works. I assume there will be no conflict ?

SJ

Commanders head clips through hatch cover in T34 and Shilka has some purple textures when destroyed.

Great work on these units.

Commanders head clips through hatch cover in T34

I can't trace it mate. Could you post a screenshot or some hints to recreate the bug? (im using the released addons to find it, commander's animations are working jolly good)

nd Shilka has some purple textures when destroyed.

Thanks. Reyhard now knows 'bout it.

EDIT :

I also found out, that a piece of commanders hatch in T-34-85M is floating in the air, just like commanders death anims.

Can't recreate it myself now, it was the lower hatch of the two that it was clipping through, so my guess is the height was correct but the unit shift right some.

I've found bugs:

1. the DShkM and KORD lack the muzzle flash during night.

2. the muzzle flash of m119 is at the wrong position( at the gunner seat)

The scripted gunsights sometimes bug out for me, when switching to gunners view, the indicators don'T appear. Once the sights stopped working completely (freezing, and not reacting to keypresses anymore) requiring a restart of the game. What always seems to happen is the sights loading laggily and sometimes not loading at all... can that be fixed, or is that inherent?

What kind of sights are bugging? T72 FCS is using slightly different method than others. In all tanks there is function that checks whether player is in correct sight mode to show appropriate sight. In F72 it gets fov using custom function & in rest of tanks it's based on FOV value from cfgRsc. What kind of display resolution are you using? Are you using some fov changing mods?

btw: sights scripts is launched always after getting into gunner (however, changing seat to driver doesn't shut down script so moving from driver to gunner won't work).

anyway, is anyone else encountering such sight behaviour?

edit: fixed bug with t34 commander & purple texture on ZSU :)

Edited by Reyhard

Great update! Love the T-34!

Question, which island is that in the pics of the T-34s?

*throws confetti*

Reyhard,

I would just like you thank you for these mods and tell you that it is awesome. We are using both packs over at the 15th MEU (SOC) Realism Unit. I do have one quick question:

Are you planning to add the Abrams and/or AAV eventually (soon)?

Apologies if this has been asked already. I skimmed the topic and didn't see it so thought I'd ask real quick.

What kind of sights are bugging? T72 FCS is using slightly different method than others. In all tanks there is function that checks whether player is in correct sight mode to show appropriate sight. In F72 it gets fov using custom function & in rest of tanks it's based on FOV value from cfgRsc. What kind of display resolution are you using? Are you using some fov changing mods?

btw: sights scripts is launched always after getting into gunner (however, changing seat to driver doesn't shut down script so moving from driver to gunner won't work).

anyway, is anyone else encountering such sight behaviour?

edit: fixed bug with t34 commander & purple texture on ZSU :)

So far I have only observed the T-72 gunner sight bugging out. Next time it happens, I'll take a screenshot. However, I am beginning to suspect that it's nothing to do with your addon, but with Arma itself and my PCs performance. It usually happens when performance is low generally, and many things are going on at once. When I get below 20 fps, the bug seems to occur more often, and below 10 fps it occurs about once every ten switches from sight mode to sight mode.

Unless other people with better rigs get this bug too, I think it's more that my Rig and Arma are conspiring to foul up the scripts.

As for the T-55, the gunsights crosshairs in NFOV and WFOV sight mode do not align to the same point. I can provide a screenshot if necessary?

One question regarding the physX, though: The tanks, especially the BMPs are feeling very heavy to drive. Stiff, glue-y suspension, not a lot of bounce and rebound.

Includes a powerslide. Also observe at 0:57 how the BMP bounces as the driver accelerates. The clutch on these things apparently goes hard, usually you see them bounce like that in videos every time they move from a standstill or accelerate. Syria really provides lots of study material for how tanks move and are affected by movement and firing. Is it actually possible to give vehicles this kind of bounce? The BI tanks do not rebound either, does that suggest that this more advanced suspension behaviour doesn't work?

Edit: Big post, completely forgot what I actually wanted to inquire. BMP2 APDS, is it possible to give them a larger hit signature? Even at medium distances it is very difficult to tell whether or not you've hit the target.

Cheers

Insta

Edited by InstaGoat

@InstaGoat

So far I have only observed the T-72 gunner sight bugging out. Next time it happens, I'll take a screenshot. However, I am beginning to suspect that it's nothing to do with your addon, but with Arma itself and my PCs performance. It usually happens when performance is low generally, and many things are going on at once. When I get below 20 fps, the bug seems to occur more often, and below 10 fps it occurs about once every ten switches from sight mode to sight mode.

That's....possible, but i'm "stress" testing those addons on my pisspoor PC, and all sights worked pretty much flawlessly. Screenshot will be neat tho :)

As for the T-55, the gunsights crosshairs in NFOV and WFOV sight mode do not align to the same point. I can provide a screenshot if necessary?

I'll check it out, maybe the alignment is off due to screen resolution.

One question regarding the physX

Yeah, well...i've found lot's of details regarding engine, gearbox (including it's ratio's) and um.... it's damn hard to properly implement them into physX model, especially since the automatic gearbox/AT script is pretty shit, it's damn hard to force the damn thing to move into gear when it supposed to on real values and i don't think that this kind of "bounce" is possible while still maintaining the actual possibility of driving tanks/BMP's (and the only actual game that had that kind of motion is T-72 Balkans in/on Fire with manual gearbox/automatic clutch)

Now powerslides - that's pretty obvious it should be possible, but for now it's more like almost wrecked polish BMP-1's driving in sand ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOzTpVCLaxc

I hope the more realistic movement is possible without months of adjusting the engine and gearbox values, afaik it gave reyhard a few nightmares :D (+ the AI and it's movement is still pretty shit, imagine how those "morons" will dance around the place ;) )

EDIT no. 5432 : Note to self - engine sounds in Shilka nd BMP's should be changed to nice distinctive V6 one

Edited by Goosevich

@Ezaco19 - sorry but it is top secret information

@InstaGoa - I want to remake psyhX of tanks as I'm not satisfied with current state but as testing requires insane amount of time I don't know when it will happen. I figured out now how sound engine now works so some nice update in that field is to be expected.

Concerning sights, yep, screenshot would be appreciated

Gunsight issue screenshots: http://imgur.com/c781SYG,1qW1EHV#0

Both ranges are identical, in the zoomed out picture you can see how the chevron is lower than in the zoomed in sight (Bottom of the shaded area rather than inside it). The higher range you dial in, the larger the error becomes. When at range 0, the sights align perfectly.

As for the sound, it'd be brilliant to see new ones. The gun sound for the Shilka for example does not lower volume or fade across range.

Another thing I noticed, on the BMP-1, when firing the gun, it plays both cannon and missile sound, and fires both missile and gun blast effects.