Sign in to follow this  
reyhard

East Static Weapons Pack

Awesome work porting this stuff over! Looking forward to what you do next. :)

About backpack issue, some info for all addon makers that are encountering similar bug with backpacks

I was studying binarizie log and I found out, that while unbinarized models of backpacks works, they stops after binarization process.

Communicate in binarize log was looking like that:

Obsolete CfgSkeletons for OFP2_ManSkeleton, move to model.cfg

and below raport, it says it's missing cfgSkeletons in blabla\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Binarize\bin\config.cpp

so after adding cfgSkeletons thing with OFP2_ManSkeleton things started to work again

@serjames - well, it's working after all, isn't it? ;) I fixed it so animation movement should look more fluent

@Pulstar - hm, I know what are you talking about but I don't have a clue how to fix it right now - it's pretty random after all

@alexgardien5 - I will look into it tomorrow

@Bravo93 - maybe try this, I will have time to test it tomorrow though http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7939 (after adding function that check vehicle speed it should be possible to make wheel spinning animation - will think about it later)

edit: didn't saw your edit, I will try to make such anim in spare time

cheers, Reyhard!

Fantastic! Does the SPG-9 use A2 vanilla ballistics? I would kill for an ACE-like version with proper optics.

Just tested this mod, I must say I'm impressed! Although I have found a couple issues that you are probably aware of. The BMP-1 and BMP-2 can both drive underwater at 60kmh.:p The rocket sounds are also somewhat loud.

Anyway keep up the great work! It's great to see these ARMA 2 vehicles in ARMA 3!

Bloody hell, those tank and APC damage models are fantastic!!! In some ways they work even better than ACE's system, since I can reliably track vehicles, or hit the BMP without always killing the whole crew.

Tank mod with FCS is great, i always wanted a FCS.

But T-72 variants equipped with missiles should have missile aiming sight (this sight was mounted in place of night vision sight known from T-72M1 variant). So missile aiming sight (it has a night and day mode in reality) should replace the NV sight in variants equipped with missiles.

Would be nice to see those missile sight bro, i have a some info about missile sight for you, i hope it will help :-) http://photopribor.ck.ua/en/products/defense/equipment_for_armored_vehicles_control_systems/1k13_sighting_and_guidance_device/

The BMP-1 and BMP-2 can both drive underwater at 60kmh.:p

Yeah I also love that capability ( I didn't remember it from the technical info ).

But I must thank you for this outstanding work :) ( I'm enjoying with the BMP like a kid with a new toy ).

Yeah um...unfortunatly properly floating BMP is not possible in A3, and it sucks i know but maybe BIS will fix physx soon enough.

Yeah um...unfortunatly properly floating BMP is not possible in A3, and it sucks i know but maybe BIS will fix physx soon enough.

Is it for being tracked? As there are a lot of vehicles that are amphibious in vanilla A3 ( like the Fennek, Patria, etc. )

BTW the smoke screen is not working either.

Edited by MistyRonin

I hope BI fix it soon, because its a must!

In all vehicles from the pack or just one?

Both ones that have the option ( BMP 2 and T72 ).

Weird, unless reyhard fixed it in a test build BMP-2's smoke grenade launchers are working properly.

T-72's smoke launchers are working for 100%, but you have to be unbuttoned (Z & X hotkeys for buttoned/unbuttoned). It's caused by disabling DShKM the possibility of being fired from the inside of a tank. Maybe the smoke granades will be moved to gunners use, i dunno we will see. I guess it's about time to write down FAQ :D

@alexgardien5 - things seems to be a little bit tricky, I will try to make those static weapons able to be resupplied but it's not top priority

@maturin - About 2 days ago I started to tweak BMP1 2a28 Grom gun which is SPG9 with slightly changed projectile so SPG9 will have some tweaks after all ;) Anyway, as Grom gun is launches basicly rockets, and for now, I configured it as rockets, one problems occurs - rockets are not able to have calibre value :( So maybe I will be remaking it once again to regular tank cannon or I will leave it that way with some hit values tweaks.

@MistyRonin - Really? Didn't you heard about mass produced BPP (Ð‘Ð¾ÐµÐ²Ð°Ñ ÐŸÐ¾Ð´Ð»Ð¾Ð´ÐºÐ° Пехоты - Boevaya Podlodka Pechoty which basically means Infantry Fighting Submarine). First introduced in 1961, and were produced with slight changes until 1989. I guess you didn't heard, because as a top secret weapon there is little known about them but there are some rumours, that just before collapse of Soviet Union, communist government introduced technology from BPP to all BMP1 & BMP2. Nowadays, according to legends, whole communist government is guarding ancient ruins of submerged city near Altis which is in fact a decoy for hitech city which located just bellow it...

@ macieksoft - Nice suggestion over there ;) I made gun override for TC, and missile sight as another mode in gunner vision view. After some internal test it will be available in next update

Would it also be possible to fix the optics buttons? I have to press - to zoom in and + to zoom out, the reverse of all vehicles.

Don't the T-72B and BV have the ability to use the commander's gun while buttoned up?

Another bug is that the the Metis is a physics-based model that falls over on any terrain that isn't flat.

The BMP-2 is shown as a BMP-1 in some UI elements. Such as when you put your cursor over a friendly vehicle.

Metis and the Tripod based dshkm and Kord... they're all very hard to place down and jump around and almost always just fall over on spawn.

Even the ground level tripod versions tip over if you try and rotate too far... I figured it was me placing them wrongly somehow.... (it could still be that :) ! )

Would it also be possible to fix the optics buttons? I have to press - to zoom in and + to zoom out, the reverse of all vehicles.

Hm, that's strange, it worked perfectly in A2/OA.

Don't the T-72B and BV have the ability to use the commander's gun while buttoned up?

Nope, as far as i researched that issue it appears that firing NSWT from the inside is possible in T-80's/T-90's only (and maybe some late T-64's).

Well I'm working on the floating problem for you all. Apparently there is a workaround because Sudden has M 113s that float perfectly. He's based the vehicle off the Tank_F and not APC_TRACKED_02_Base. I have tried to replicate this unsuccessfully. Check out Sudden's M113 and maybe you can see something I am not. Below is the code in the config that applies to the water.Hopefully I will get to the bottom of it soon or you will see something.

waterAngularDampingCoef = 1.0;

waterLinearDampingCoefX = 4;

waterLinearDampingCoefY = 1.2;

rudderForceCoef = 150;

waterLeakiness = 2.5;

maxfordingdepth = 3;

waterPPInVehicle = 0;

waterResistance = 0.05;

waterResistanceCoef = 0.03;

engineShiftY = 0.1;

waterSpeedFactor = 1;

I figured it out how to make it floating already but the thing is, you can't steer it in water. It was caused by autocenter property in geometry lod

Can anyone get the AI on the D-30 to fire at will. Whenever I spawn them they just simply turn their guns at the enemy, but they never fire.

Can anyone get the AI on the D-30 to fire at will. Whenever I spawn them they just simply turn their guns at the enemy, but they never fire.

I think it requires a minimum distance.

That's what I believe, but I feel like the AI needs to actually see the enemy in order to fire. I have NATO/US troops attacking a hill defended by CSAT forces, and I want the D-30 to open fire on the advancing NATO troops. When it didn't work, I tried moving them off to a distance far away but still kinda overlooking the hill. Nevertheless, it didn't work. I just want some artillery fire on the hill.

That's what I believe, but I feel like the AI needs to actually see the enemy in order to fire. I have NATO/US troops attacking a hill defended by CSAT forces, and I want the D-30 to open fire on the advancing NATO troops. When it didn't work, I tried moving them off to a distance far away but still kinda overlooking the hill. Nevertheless, it didn't work. I just want some artillery fire on the hill.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168779-Fire-For-Effect-The-God-of-War-smart-amp-simple-AI-artillery/page3 ... #29 post!

Edited by LDU30

Can moderator change thread name to RDS Weapons & Vehicles?

New tanks arrives!

New tanks comes with additional configs to make it possible to use them CAF Aggressors & Kaelis South Zagoria Mod. Gearbox & psyhX thing need a lot of tweaking (same as T34 sight) but I thought it's already ready to be played with so enjoy!

Things that are worth seeing are new sights and armour code. I spent actually some time making ZSU upper plate movable when gun is set at high angle. I'm planning making to add some features to it so game play should slightly resemble SAM simulator :P Of course, psyhX is on board :)

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

t5.jpg

t6.jpg

t7.jpg

t8.jpg

ps. TC override caused AI bugs and had to be removed, looking for different way to implement it.

Change log:

-added T-34-85M (Khaki & TK painting), T-55A (Khaki & TK painting), ZSU-23-4 Shilka (Khaki, Gue, CDF, TK painting), BMP-1P (Khaki & TK painting), BMP2 HQ & Ambulance variants. All vehicles contains as realistic as possible fire geometry

-added stowed ammunition simulation in T72 series (autoloader replenish function planed)

-added new realistic & movable sights for most of vehicles

-added interior for BMP1 & BMP2 (PIP problems occurs!)

-refined T72 fire geometry

-move smoke launcher in t72 from commander to gunner (workaround)

-fixed shadows bug on T72

-fixed cfgPatches (now ZEUS compatible!)

-fixed death anims

-other small fixes

RDS Static Weapons 1.1a

*fixed bags bug

Can moderator change thread name to RDS Weapons & Vehicles?

New tanks arrives!

New tanks comes with additional configs to make it possible to use them CAF Aggressors & Kaelis South Zagoria Mod. Gearbox & psyhX thing need a lot of tweaking (same as T34 sight) but I thought it's already ready to be played with so enjoy!

You are my idol! Thank you very much! :D

With the addition of support for CAF Aggressors and Kaelis South Zagoria Mod, you deserve at least a bunch of beers! If you ever come to Finland, you know ;)

Updated releases frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!