Sign in to follow this  
reyhard

East Static Weapons Pack

I have tried the FCS and I must not be doing something right, I go into the commander station, mark a target then I switch to the gunner and I get no optic. Just a blank screen with a little red circle. Could someone explain the steps on how to use the FCS. And is there anyway to have gunner optics when there is no commander? For when its a driver and gunner only.

Great job on the BMPs... !!!!

SJ

Thank you! Arma just isn't Arma without BMPs.

Updated releases frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

wow... finally... the famous BMP.

I must add to the opinion of XCess.

This is truly a great day in Arma3 world for me.

Thank you sir. You are a true hero.

New update v1.10 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@rds.png

New update v1.10 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@rds_tank.png

Edited by Sonsalt6

The hits just keep on coming! Thank you Reyhard!

Just wondering, how does one pack and tow the D30? I couldn't figure it out. Thanks!

Awesome pack...adds so much to the game. Everything looks fantastic. BMP is my favorite part indeed. Did happen to notice that it is not amphibious for some reason. The config is correct and everything but it still sinks. Weird?

Lamar

Reyhard, please tell me where is pool for dontates? I heard that you accept only cash in envelopes, but you know your transfer limit is running out.

Good job, hope we will see your bmp's and t-72's in any mod.

I have some free time so if there is something I can help you with, just let me know.

Hi there!

After all those years i finally registered my account here on BIF. I've been scrolling through those forums since OPF days and i seriously don't know why i never registered before :).

Anyway, as reyhard is busy tinkering with stuff in his addons, i'll take the liberty of answering some questions :).

BagPiperGuy

To use FCS You have to be a gunner, then you have to choose the "FCS laser designator" (weapon "slot") and press LMB. You will then see a small red circle ment for ballistic computer. Then you simply change to your cannon/coax and lase the targets (note : different munitions have different ballistic characteristics so you have to lase the target again). Hope that helps :).

FA Dalai Lamar

Well, as reyhard said in the BMP release post

<here's a link that i can't pase due to being freshly registered i'll add it later>

Basically only wheeled APC's/IFV's are capable of floating on the water for now, due to physx "feature"/bug. Maybe there will be a workaround, or maybe BIS will fix it. I am as dissapointed as you, mate. Some classic OFP missions won't work as intended :(.

Cheers.

Edited by Goosevich

@BagPiperGuy - what screen resolution & aspect ratio do you use? have you used +/- thing (switching gunner views)

@ Ghost53

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?174135-East-Static-Weapons-Pack&p=2655515&viewfull=1#post2655515

thanks you all ;)

here are two addons which will add those tanks to South Zagoria & CAF Aggressors mods, have fun!

RDS Tank South Zagoria Extension

RDS Tank Aggressors Extension

Great update, lovely to see a BMP in Arma3 :)

@Goosevich- Thanks for the help! :)

@Reyhard - So I had my resolution on custom for some reason, switched to the normal 16:9 and if fixed it. So thank you for the help. Having tons of fun with the mod now :)

And what kind of resolution/aspec ratio it was? I know about one resolution which cause some problems (1280*1024 5/4 aspect ratio) and I made dedicated workaround for that. If some more resolutions are affected, I might reconsider switch from my custom fov function (much simpler and faster) to cba one.

Trying to pack the D-30 and get this error

Error in expression <d30_pack.sqf"
private ["_t"];

_t=_this select 0;

if(_t animationPhase "rightT">
 Error position: <select 0;

Error select: Type Object, expected Array,Config entry
File RDS_StaticW\scripts\d30_pack.sqf, line 3
Error in expression <d30_pack.sqf"
private ["_t"];

_t=_this select 0;

Error position: <select 0;

Error Generic error in expression
File RDS_StaticW\scripts\d30_pack.sqf, line 3

And what kind of resolution/aspec ratio it was? I know about one resolution which cause some problems (1280*1024 5/4 aspect ratio) and I made dedicated workaround for that. If some more resolutions are affected, I might reconsider switch from my custom fov function (much simpler and faster) to cba one.

I had my field of view higher or changed. It sets the aspect ratio to Custom. I set my fov to 95 with a tutorial I found online. So I cannot give you the ratio. Very sorry. Hope this helps. Maybe in the future larger fov's and your tanks may work. But for now.. I am sticking to the tanks :D

@ serjames - you have to put name of d30 in brackets

Error select: Type Object, expected Array,Config entry

[name] <- it's array containing object (that's how it's supposed to look like)

name <- it's object, will cause error

@Bravo93 - ahhh, damn, I was supposed to upload version without that bug. My mistake, it's already fixed but I misplaced pbo's. I will upload new version after I will finish gunner sights for M2, DShKM, KORD and Mk19 (Mk19 is especially useless right now).

@BagPiperGuy - ahh, ok. I will consider making some custom fov friendly method. ;)

Ahh cheers Reyhard.

Will test now

SJ

It works.. thanks Reyhard !!

Spotted this new one however...

Error in expression <htT",2.3],["leftT",0],["szpilki",0.7]];
sleep 2;
{_t animate [_x select 0, _x se>
 Error position: <sleep 2;
{_t animate [_x select 0, _x se>
 Error Generic error in expression
File RDS_StaticW\scripts\d30_pack.sqf, line 9

Edited by serjames

I noticed a few times that the stupid AI driver tends to rear-end another T72, which leads to it almost flipping over. This only happens with collisions since the tanks drive fine over rocks and obstacles.

How to you reload the static weapons ? The ammo truck and the supply crate dosen't seem to be working thanks.

Would be cool if you could put the M119 in the towing position using the scroll wheel as well. I wouldn't worry about scripting it to attach to vehicles, there's a few logistics mods for that :)

It would look something like that..

http://img1.afv-news.com/2013/09/L118-105mm-Light-Gun-Howitzer-KFS-2.jpg

Edited by Bravo93