Sign in to follow this  
reyhard

East Static Weapons Pack

@FA Dalai Lamar - Thanks a lot but you got it wrong. After changing config like you advised, AI will not engage tanks. I added instead that

effectsmissileinit = "RocketBackEffectsStaticRPG";

It looks even better ;) Anyway, thanks for noticing it!

@ serjames - yep, that's because I used BIS animations that were in cargoposes_f and with which were deleted in latest patch. I added them to addon instead

I got a little bit delayed as I was working on those pretty things below. Expect Static Weapons update, those tanks and tutorial for them. All those T72 are based on sample model included in A3 Tools.

12995474625_50e536a102_o.jpg

FIRST TO THE TABLE... FANTASTIC to finally see tanks.

Will you do a config to get the Aggressors driving them too ?

SJ

Can't wait for new stuff....You were right on the SPG9. I did notice that the gunner does not die when hit though. He remains attached to the weapon. I will research that solution and get back to you.

T72 - ARMA IN FIRE ;)

13019584774_402e5bab8d_o.jpg

T72 pack contains five painting schemes. Available at AAF->Armored. As for now, those tanks requires Static Weapons pack.

Known issues:

DShkM commander gun optics are available after disembarking and mount vehicle again, strange thing, does anybody what cause it?

The other thing is that after locking ability to shot dshkm when inside, commander view is also locked, does anybody know a fix?

East Tank Pack 1.00

East Tank Pack 1.00 - Sample

13019585114_97c694707e_o.jpg

13019199835_4862d29ee2.jpg

East Static Weapons Pack 1.02

East Static Weapons Pack 1.02 - Sample

Changelog:

*KORD was missing penetration rvmats

*Fixed cargo anims for Igla Pod

*Fixed death anims

*Added backblast fx for SPG9

*Added weapons to FIA & CSAT factions

*Some other minor tweaks

As I am struggling with serious katzenjammer tutorial will come tommorow along with separate thread for tanks, have fun!

Edited by Reyhard

At last! Thanks so much for this Reyhard, finally some appropriate armour for my SAA chaps.

Models look really good, and handle really well too !

Great job !

Is it possible to run a similar config mod to allow them to be used by Aggressors ?

Releases frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

you did great job, do you plan to continue your work? ( maybe abrams, bradley, btrs etc.)

Reyhard, nice to see someone with experiance doing such a great work. Did you heard about Community Upgrade Project? If you didnt check it http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169933-Community-Upgrade-Project

@Przemro

Hell yes!, for sure because he's doing it for community, not for himself like some others [giving their nicknames would be tactical mistake].

New mod or update v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@rds_tank.png

update v1.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@rds.png

@ Reyhard;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Are the tanks using the new penetration modelling system and real life analogue values to the T-72M? Compared to the tanks ingame these should be woefully outdated both in armour and armament, kind of like the T-55 in Arma 2 was.

Gonna try em out now, lovely!

@InstaGoat - well, I haven't figured out that system yet so all those values are my wild guesses

@Przemro - I thinking about some more soviet tanks, will see

@serjames - yep, yet I don't know when ;)

@InstaGoat - well, I haven't figured out that system yet so all those values are my wild guesses

@Przemro - I thinking about some more soviet tanks, will see

@serjames - yep, yet I don't know when ;)

I suspect you already know this, but BI has put up some tutorial about armour config here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Tanks_Config_Guidelines

Possibly that'll be helpful. Especially the turret seems to be a little heavily armored all around, that or it doesn't have hit-points inside. Hits to the hull almost always result in one shot kills, hits to the turret take two or three hits from the Slammer.

Another weird thing is that hit effects seem to be screwed for me, but I am not sure wether this mod is causing it, or one of my others. I'll investigate that first before claiming a bug here.

Edit: The T-100 from 30 meters distance cannot destroy the T-72, reliably. 2-3 hits every time, center hits on the hull. That's a bit too heavily armored...

Edited by InstaGoat

Thanks for these mods, an issue I found is that both packs are named the same which means they have the same Bikey which will cause servers to ban you. Are we meant to merge the two and use the tanks Bikey? That's what I'm going to try now and will report back.

Edit to add: Works fine using the Bikey from the tank pack. I'm not sure if you are able to change this but there is too much reverb on the Kord sound effects. Also aiming down the sights of the Kord would be better with some zoom, at the moment I'm having to go to third person and using the zoom there to get a good view at what I'm trying to hit. I haven't played with the tank much yet but will do over the next couple of days. Really awesome to see this stuff in Arma 3, thanks again and hope to see more from you.

Edited by AusCleaver

Hi i tested your when it was released and everything was working. Now i downloaded the new updates from Armaholic and your tank pack and it says ""Bad version 59 in p3d file'rds_staticw\ags30\ags_static.p3d'" with the AGS 30. I tested all the tanks and other weapons with the same result.

Do you know what could cause this ?

Could you please do something about the muzzleflashes ? They're sill using the old static, disgusting looking ArmA 2 ones.

Thanks.

can you add the artillery computer to all items in this addon that requires it... because it would help alot to be honest

nice addition those tanks, any chance for a FIA version these tanks would fit perfectly for them ( as would the static weapons) (FIA is being forgotten by everybody it seems :P )

Thanks for the T72, it handles properly for a change! Please consider porting The T-90 and BMP3 as well.

Edit: The T-100 from 30 meters distance cannot destroy the T-72, reliably. 2-3 hits every time, center hits on the hull. That's a bit too heavily armored...

Doesn't happen here, with either the Merkava or the T-100. First-shot kills consistently.

Excellent work. I'm sure many communities are very happy with these addons.