sudden

East vs West (OFP inspired mod)

is this project a continue of CWR? are you from CRW team or have relation with them?

thanks for your work, somewhere I saw CWR said their awesome project were made during 8 years, so you did it only in months???

hope some lover developers use your mod to convert those great operation flashpoint campaigns and missions!

thanks again for your efforts.

Cheers and thanks!

No, this mod is not associated CWR in any way (or it would have the Jeep in the first release :-)))).

I don't know about porting the OFP missions, but I have a lot of mission ideas of my own. And I'm going to bring them to life shortly.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

I'm sorry to be a bit "late", but I just wanna say that the last update was really good :)

Thank you so much :)

Whenever I have time to get into the editor, I have some ideas about Cold War missions!

Keep it up!

Thank you, my friend. If you have really good missions, I would love to include them with the mod. I'm going to make missions for the U.S.S.R. side, but I also would need the N.A.T.O. scenarios.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Well, there are those broken vanilla sniper rifles.

Apparently only the ones that come with scope pre-attached are broken. Those that didn't have one to begin with work fine when trying to add the scope. That's how I worked around the bug until it gets fixed.

Man, are you reading the changelogs? v0.99Beta fixes the vanilla optics bug!!! Just checked it again... every scope is on it's place. :-)))))

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Not exactly gamebreaking, but your NVGs don't show up on the characters (is there an actual old NVG model or does "NVG (old style)" in the readme just refer to the visual effect?), and the recon units have night vision by default even if they don't have the goggles.

Yes, there's a mess with my NVGs. Will be fixed. Thanks for the report!

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Hi Sudden! Amazing work, I'm loving the Attack Choppers, but I think there might be a bug with the AH1W gunners.

For me at least, the AH1W gunner can't seem to use the MG, and instead they are just calling out and targeting the enemies, not shooting. I tested out the AH1W and Mi24, and the Mi24 worked, but the Ah1W did nothing.

If you could get back to me on this, that would be great! Please keep this mod going, it's such an immersive experience bringing back OFP likeness into the A3 engine.

*EDIT* Upon further inspection, it seems that it works against air, but still not against ground targets.

Thank you very much!

The bug is confirmed. AI is using guided rockets against infantry instead of the machine gun. I'm investigating.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Tried to get weapons out of ammo crates as Soviet Recon. They just go into nothing while removing from the box, taking away your original weapon and replacing it with nothing. Ammo transfers though.

Example, try to grab PKM, you get the ammo, your AKS goes into the box, but you don't get a PKM.

Confirmed. This is because of the NVGs. If you put the Binoculars to ammobox, put the NVGs(which doesn't have a picture, BTW :j:), you will be able to take a weapon, and after that you can even take NVGs back. -))))))

Thanks a lot for the report!!!

Thanks for the reply, glad it wasn't just me! On that note, I'd also like to bring to your attention that the infantry units don't seem to have blood decals when hit, it's especially annoying when you are prone, get up when shot, and then try to run away not realizing that you were shot in the legs and have a mobility hit.

Thanks for the reply, glad it wasn't just me! On that note, I'd also like to bring to your attention that the infantry units don't seem to have blood decals when hit, it's especially annoying when you are prone, get up when shot, and then try to run away not realizing that you were shot in the legs and have a mobility hit.

Yeah! Thanks! All the small details are to be fixed on the final stage.

The plan of the further development is:

Rifle optics (Day and Night),

Marksmen and Snipers,

Static weapons,

Mobile Artillery,

Radio

>> v. 1.0 >>

Gun sounds, Reload anims, Materials, damage, penetration, armour, blood textures...etc, etc, etc...

AND MISSIONS (that what mods are for, right?)

Man, are you reading the changelogs? v0.99Beta fixes the vanilla optics bug!!! Just checked it again... every scope is on it's place. :-)))))

Sorry, haven't noticed that you fixed it recently. Thanks!

Wow a lot of cool stuff planned. Can't wait for it :)

Yeah. I see a lot of annoying things in the mod that I want to change, but until I finish everything I have planned my number one rule is "Don't look back, just make new stuff!"

But after that I'll have to start from the start... fixing. :-)))

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Sorry, haven't noticed that you fixed it recently. Thanks!

It's ok! Please report bugs if you find some. I do my best to fix it on the fly!

Thank you!

Keep up the good work mate and thanks again for a great mod

I don´t know if it got already asked but can you add tracer ammo for the weapons please?

Keep up the good work mate and thanks again for a great mod

Thanks, mate! :-)

---------- Post added at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

I don´t know if it got already asked but can you add tracer ammo for the weapons please?

Sure, mate! Added to the requested features list. :-)))

I'm so glad you want to add single player works to this, surely one of best methods to experience and enjoy a mod such this, is to create some great and immersive playable contents like campaign and scenario missions, I,m glad to help you in this way, also converting some stuff from OPF would be good idea.

I just voted up your mod with my two steam accounts hope it become best in makearmanotwar.

I'm so glad you want to add single player works to this, surely one of best methods to experience and enjoy a mod such this, is to create some great and immersive playable contents like campaign and scenario missions, I,m glad to help you in this way, also converting some stuff from OPF would be good idea.

I just voted up your mod with my two steam accounts hope it become best in makearmanotwar.

Thank you very much for your support!

If you could suggest your own missions, or convert some from OFP, I would be happy to add them to the mod.

Steal the car is a classic ;)

I suppose it was a first OFP mission for most of the players. For me it was the first one and... I didn't like the game at all and turned it off. But shortly after that I came back and even now it's still installed on my computer.

I suppose it was a first OFP mission for most of the players. For me it was the first one and... I didn't like the game at all and turned it off. But shortly after that I came back and even now it's still installed on my computer.

Ambush was where it was at. I played Ambush for 3 months in the demo before I got the full game for Christmas. It is quite possibly my favorite mission out of all the ArmA games and maybe even any game I have ever played.

Edited by Jakerod

I was a Steal The Car OFP baby. Also notable because it was the first (and last) mission that my then-girlfriend-now-wife tried to play.

Booted up the mission. Took 15 steps forward. Killed by a Soviet infanteer lying next to the fountain.

"Let's play something fun now."

Bomberman.

First you had to plant 3 charges and figure out how to time the detonation for maximum effect on their 4 vehicles. Next, find a decent hiding spot on a ridgeline that was safe, but you still had vantage point to pick off surviors and backup. The feeling of getting Alpha team to back me up at this point was flat out thrilling.

But wait, now you had to play overwatch sniper on Alpha as they got close to the compound :butbut: Time to head up the hill and find perfect spot to kill as many Russians as possible to even the sides once Radio call sent in Bravo and Charlie in a simultaneous attack on their base.

That sh*t was awesome and I remember playing it over and over with THAT ONE SAVE

Hi,it is possible to adapt the T-55 (Middle East Conflict mod

) On the Soviet side ?? thanks.

Ambush was where it was at. I played Ambush for 3 months in the demo before I got the full game for Christmas. It is quite possibly my favorite mission out of all the ArmA games and maybe even any game I have ever played.

Oh, yeah! It was also my favorite! :-)))

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

I was a Steal The Car OFP baby. Also notable because it was the first (and last) mission that my then-girlfriend-now-wife tried to play.

Booted up the mission. Took 15 steps forward. Killed by a Soviet infanteer lying next to the fountain.

Yes, same impressions! But the thing I didn't like mostly was the floating zone of a weapon. It took me time to see the advantages of this.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Hi,it is possible to adapt the T-55 (Middle East Conflict mod

) On the Soviet side ?? thanks.

It's in the plans, actually, but not a high priority stuff. I think it will come with the desert part, because T55 were used in Afganistan.

Great work I just take some time with it and seems still needs work, hope you fix them and make it better and better:

A10:

1- and maybe other air vehicle have very small lock range so player have hard work to bring targets in this small range to lock them, also seems AI can't use lock feature well because of this.

2- the skin of it is not something like cold war era.

AH1W:

1- it's an AH1Z model which is modern not from cold war era, maybe you want to ask CWR 2 authors to import their real and awesome AH1W model.

2-air to ground missiles not work I could not lock on enemy tanks!

M113:

1- can't turn left and right in water and also in many times it never surface on water and just go under water.

2- this vehicle and maybe other armored vehicles take damage from hitting objects and blocks.

and some other bugs I found:

tanks won't fight well for example I just put my self as an abrams and with 3 t-72 they found me hardly and even fired on wrong direction.

also cars such as UAZ I tested, can climb hills with high speed (near their maximum speeds)

thanks.

Great work I just take some time with it and seems still needs work, hope you fix them and make it better and better:

A10:

M113:

1- can't turn left and right in water and also in many times it never surface on water and just go under water. Thats a bug with Arma, tracked vehicles do not float currently, so it's a BIS issue

UAZ I tested, can climb hills with high speed (near their maximum speeds) I don't think many cars can climb steep hills at nearly full speed, especially not old UAZ's

thanks.

fivew

1- and maybe other air vehicle have very small lock range so player have hard work to bring targets in this small range to lock them, also seems AI can't use lock feature well because of this.

2- the skin of it is not something like cold war era.

1. This was made to remove superior powers from air vehicles. You have to work hard to hit a target. And if you have small view distance on the map, air vehicles become unusable (which is true in real life).

2. Who said it was about the Cold war era? I just said this mod was inspired by...

AH1W:

1- it's an AH1Z model which is modern not from cold war era, maybe you want to ask CWR 2 authors to import their real and awesome AH1W model.

2-air to ground missiles not work I could not lock on enemy tanks!

1. No it's not. :-))) In my mod it is exactly AH-1W (in service till 1986). And in CWR2 they have an AH-1F.

2. Yes, because missiles should be guided by the gunner. You should track them until they hit the target. No cheater locking... ;-)))

M113:

1- can't turn left and right in water and also in many times it never surface on water and just go under water.

2- this vehicle and maybe other armored vehicles take damage from hitting objects and blocks.

tanks won't fight well for example I just put my self as an abrams and with 3 t-72 they found me hardly and even fired on wrong direction.

also cars such as UAZ I tested, can climb hills with high speed (near their maximum speeds)

1. Arma3 bug. It's a pity, but in Arma3 tracked vehicles can't move in water.

2. Vehicle's parameters, the damage system and balance will be tweaked on the way.

Edited by sudden

1. This was made to remove superior powers from air vehicles. You have to work hard to hit a target. And if you have small view distance on the map, air vehicles become unusable (which is true in real life).

if it's to make game play harder but seems AI can't play as hard it is because their engagement is so buggy if you just put some units and see them.

2. Who said it was about the Cold war era? I just said this mod was inspired by...

so I just saw in previous posts an user requested for an armed UAZ with MG and you just told him you are not sure it was in service for soviets in those years so I though you want to bring a mod accurately about that era.

2. Yes, because missiles should be guided by the gunner. You should track them until they hit the target. No cheater locking... ;-)))

I know that missiles guide by gunner as in arma 3 blackfoot and kajman is same, and without gunners you can't lock and fire missiles but you can't fire missiles in this mod even when your gunner is there so it's a bug and related ti AI which should be fixed by mode creator.

1. Arma3 bug. It's a pity, but in Arma3 tracked vehicles can't move in water.

some times I can swim with that, also it can move under water without taking damage for both player and vehicle, that's an issue isn't?

if it's to make game play harder but seems AI can't play as hard it is because their engagement is so buggy if you just put some units and see them.

AI is not the best, that's right. :-)))

so I just saw in previous posts an user requested for an armed UAZ with MG and you just told him you are not sure it was in service for soviets in those years so I though you want to bring a mod accurately about that era.

I meant I'm not sure if UAZ with MG was used in Soviet or Russian army at all. Just because I never saw it. Actually, this mod is more about 86-91 era, I even plan a small campaign about the alternative history of USSR brakedown, where instead of the peaceful change of power KGB finds out that CIA stands behind the freedom movements in Soviet republics and in one night arrests a whole network of agents. US tries to free them, but the operation fails. As "a punishment" US president issues an order to use nuclear weapons against soviet bases across Europe and WWIII starts.

I know that missiles guide by gunner as in arma 3 blackfoot and kajman is same, and without gunners you can't lock and fire missiles but you can't fire missiles in this mod even when your gunner is there so it's a bug and related ti AI which should be fixed by mode creator.

You can select target for gunner from radio (2) menu and issue a fire command (ctrl+left mouse by default). Gunner will fire at the target.

some times I can swim with that, also it can move under water without taking damage for both player and vehicle, that's an issue isn't?

Yes that's a known issue. :-)))

Edited by sudden

thanks

can you do something about gunner to make him accept lock key too? for example my lock key is "tab" so when armored vehicles are in radar by pressing it I can lock on one of them and command fire to my gunner, but here I have to use "target" menu and "tab" key just lock but gunner won't lock actually! this issue was also in CWR.

thx

and some other things:

1- UH-60 helicopter flares do not spread like other helicopters, just take a look and you see what I mean.

2- Camera for mi-8 is so distant, also about A-10 and SU-25.

3-Nice work about russian radio voices but soviet speaks english as player, but AI works perfect.

4-wreck texture for vehicles, also blood texture on soldier suits

5-Player can move through M2A2 wreck

Edited by VoiceOfArmA