sudden

East vs West (OFP inspired mod)

Cheers! EvW made it to 0.99 beta!

Thank you all for the support and feedback!

Changes:

*Helicopters: Mi-24, Ah-1w

*Support vehicles for both sides

*Weapons: Metis, M47

*Fixed bug with vanila scopes

Don't forget to support the mod at Make Arma Not War!!!

http://acrofobia.ru/images/evw/evshot16.jpg

http://acrofobia.ru/images/evw/evshot17.jpg

Download ~802Mb

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccely done :)

Thank you very much for informing us about the update :cool:

Updated alpha version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

the BMP-2 model not swiming. i was can drive under water. do you fix it?

the BMP-2 model not swiming. i was can drive under water. do you fix it?

Actually, tracked vehicles can't swim in Arma3. All they can do is they don't sink.

Sinking BMP2 will be fixed in the future updates.

Actually, tracked vehicles can't swim in Arma3. All they can do is they don't sink.

Sinking BMP2 will be fixed in the future updates.

Actually there is a mod with vehicles that can sweem . I will try to find the name and post it. I actually tried this out yesterday and it worked greatly.

Edit:

Ohh now I remember it was not tracked vehicles but wheeled vehicles.

you do good mod for play between squads TvT without bots. but not interest driving under water) and planing you add some snipers and rifles for they. like svd, ksvk, m110, dmr etc.

2. mufflers and sights? maybe a lot of..

Mi-24P... Also I know theres a wave of modern russian faction mods are on the way, but your SUD_russians are still only option right now... if only u could put those mi-24s (maybe modernized versions) Ka-50 I choose it for my unit w/o looking elswhere - at least until RHS will come out...

Asked this before, I apologize I haven't gotten to test it yet :). Is the bug where the HMMWV M2 iron sights are able to use TWS and NV fixed? That one sorta ruined it for me

Bloody outstanding work mate. The mi-24 looks fantastic. Still the Best Arma 3 mod out there, Especially for only one bloke working on it.

Asked this before, I apologize I haven't gotten to test it yet :). Is the bug where the HMMWV M2 iron sights are able to use TWS and NV fixed? That one sorta ruined it for me

Yes, it should be. The problem was that the ViewOptics was inherited from the Car ViewOptics class.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

you do good mod for play between squads TvT without bots. but not interest driving under water) and planing you add some snipers and rifles for they. like svd, ksvk, m110, dmr etc.

2. mufflers and sights? maybe a lot of..

Please remember that this is still beta. ;-))) Snipers - yes, next update. Rifle optics - yes, next update probably. Supressors are already available in the mod. They can be attached to AKS74U and XM177.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Mi-24P... Also I know theres a wave of modern russian faction mods are on the way, but your SUD_russians are still only option right now... if only u could put those mi-24s (maybe modernized versions) Ka-50 I choose it for my unit w/o looking elswhere - at least until RHS will come out...

RHS' mod should be released this month. Or am I wrong? Anyway if I have time I would give the Mi24s to my Russians. :-))

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Bloody outstanding work mate. The mi-24 looks fantastic. Still the Best Arma 3 mod out there, Especially for only one bloke working on it.

Thank you very much, mate! :-)))

Nice update, thanks again for your continuing expansion and support of this addon.

An issue with the M939: the cargo positions 13 and 14 make the unit invisible, and from his point of view he is somewhere on the floor of the truck, not in a seat. Also, the truck can carry 14 units in cargo but it seems like there are only 13 seats available; 12 in back, one in the cab. With 14 units in cargo, there is one seat empty because that guy is in the floor, and another guy in the floor who wouldn't have a seat.

Same problem with Ural actually.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Nice update, thanks again for your continuing expansion and support of this addon.

An issue with the M939: the cargo positions 13 and 14 make the unit invisible, and from his point of view he is somewhere on the floor of the truck, not in a seat. Also, the truck can carry 14 units in cargo but it seems like there are only 13 seats available; 12 in back, one in the cab. With 14 units in cargo, there is one seat empty because that guy is in the floor, and another guy in the floor who wouldn't have a seat.

Same problem with Ural actually.

Wow, thanks for the report! How did I manage to miss that bug?

Are you trying to smash out one more release before the MANW submissions close?

Are you trying to smash out one more release before the MANW submissions close?

Not likely. I'm now quite busy, so don't have much time for that.

Is there a need for one more release (serious bugs)? :-)))

is this project a continue of CWR? are you from CRW team or have relation with them?

thanks for your work, somewhere I saw CWR said their awesome project were made during 8 years, so you did it only in months???

hope some lover developers use your mod to convert those great operation flashpoint campaigns and missions!

thanks again for your efforts.

I'm sorry to be a bit "late", but I just wanna say that the last update was really good :)

Thank you so much :)

Whenever I have time to get into the editor, I have some ideas about Cold War missions!

Keep it up!

Not likely. I'm now quite busy, so don't have much time for that.

Is there a need for one more release (serious bugs)? :-)))

Well, there are those broken vanilla sniper rifles.

Apparently only the ones that come with scope pre-attached are broken. Those that didn't have one to begin with work fine when trying to add the scope. That's how I worked around the bug until it gets fixed.

Not exactly gamebreaking, but your NVGs don't show up on the characters (is there an actual old NVG model or does "NVG (old style)" in the readme just refer to the visual effect?), and the recon units have night vision by default even if they don't have the goggles.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Hi Sudden! Amazing work, I'm loving the Attack Choppers, but I think there might be a bug with the AH1W gunners.

For me at least, the AH1W gunner can't seem to use the MG, and instead they are just calling out and targeting the enemies, not shooting. I tested out the AH1W and Mi24, and the Mi24 worked, but the Ah1W did nothing.

If you could get back to me on this, that would be great! Please keep this mod going, it's such an immersive experience bringing back OFP likeness into the A3 engine.

*EDIT* Upon further inspection, it seems that it works against air, but still not against ground targets.

Edited by 5harp5hot

Tried to get weapons out of ammo crates as Soviet Recon. They just go into nothing while removing from the box, taking away your original weapon and replacing it with nothing. Ammo transfers though.

Example, try to grab PKM, you get the ammo, your AKS goes into the box, but you don't get a PKM.