sudden

East vs West (OFP inspired mod)

Are there plans for desert units? Also the M249 and RPK were present at this time for the automatic rifleman role, are you planning those too?

Are there plans for desert units? Also the M249 and RPK were present at this time for the automatic rifleman role, are you planning those too?

Yes there're plans for both. :-)))

Great mod sudden!

Just a couple bugs I'd like to point out to you though.

The BMP-2 has a strange tendency to always try and turn slightly left while it's moving.

The BTR-60 is incredibly unstable, it wobbles like crazy past about 65-70KM/hr, or if you try turning past about 45-50km/hr. The BRDM-2 used to do this, however you fixed it a few versions ago.

The T-72, BMP-2, and to a lesser extent the bradley feel a little.. sluggish. I realize the T-72 may be somewhat underpowered when it comes to it's engine, however the one you've got is the B, with an 840HP engine. Both the T-72B, and BMP-2 still manage a power to weight of over 20hp/ton, but to me it doesn't feel like it.

Keep up the good work though! Looking forward to the next release.

Great mod sudden!

Just a couple bugs I'd like to point out to you though.

The BMP-2 has a strange tendency to always try and turn slightly left while it's moving.

The BTR-60 is incredibly unstable, it wobbles like crazy past about 65-70KM/hr, or if you try turning past about 45-50km/hr. The BRDM-2 used to do this, however you fixed it a few versions ago.

The T-72, BMP-2, and to a lesser extent the bradley feel a little.. sluggish. I realize the T-72 may be somewhat underpowered when it comes to it's engine, however the one you've got is the B, with an 840HP engine. Both the T-72B, and BMP-2 still manage a power to weight of over 20hp/ton, but to me it doesn't feel like it.

Keep up the good work though! Looking forward to the next release.

Thanks, mate!

Actually there're lots of bugs there... and I do plan a big bug hunt after I end with the final phase of the v1.0. Vehicle physics and penetration tweaking are the first priorities.

And thanks for pointing out the engine power for T72B. Mine was using 740hp.

P.S. When I just started making the BMP-2 she was turning slightly right. :-)))))

Couple more things:

Although the UAZ has five seats, only four units can board it

The AK74's default zeroing is 440m

Couple more things:

Although the UAZ has five seats, only four units can board it

The AK74's default zeroing is 440m

Thanks, but!

UAZ have 7 seats actually. There're two more in the back. This reduction was made to balance it with the HMMVW. I'm still thinking on the light vehicles concept and waiting for the fire from vehicles feature to make changes.

AK74's default zeroing should be 440m. It's the first setting on the AK's iron sight which is marked by П (P in English) letter and corresponds to 440m sight adjustement.

ak_pp.jpg

This setting allows you to shoot at any target in 440m range without adjusting because the bullet will not go higher than a standing human in that range. You just aim lower and fire.

Edited by sudden

Oh. Well, I hope you reconsider the UAZ seat limit because it just makes it looks like it's broken. I would argue that the HMMWV having fewer seats is a fair tradeoff since it is armed and the UAZ isn't. Or perhaps in the future you'll add one of those cargo HMMWVs to balance it out : )

Oh. Well, I hope you reconsider the UAZ seat limit because it just makes it looks like it's broken. I would argue that the HMMWV having fewer seats is a fair tradeoff since it is armed and the UAZ isn't. Or perhaps in the future you'll add one of those cargo HMMWVs to balance it out : )

This is kind of a direction I'm thinking now. :-))) But I also still haven't refused the idea of adding Jeep to the mod. But, no promises. :-)

And thanks a lot for your feedback! It really helps to sort things out.

I love this mod, thank you for putting all this effort into bringing out into the community! Really brings back that flavor I've been missing since ARMA 3's release! And the models and textures are so well done! I have a question, though.

When I play this mod, the small arms seem to have barely any sway or recoil, making the gunplay rather easy. Is this intentional or did I install it wrong? I don't want it to be as harsh as vanilla, but a little more skill requirement would be nice. Is there a way for me to tweak it myself? In what PBOs are these settings defined so that I may take a look?

Thanks again for a great contribution!

I love this mod, thank you for putting all this effort into bringing out into the community! Really brings back that flavor I've been missing since ARMA 3's release! And the models and textures are so well done! I have a question, though.

When I play this mod, the small arms seem to have barely any sway or recoil, making the gunplay rather easy. Is this intentional or did I install it wrong? I don't want it to be as harsh as vanilla, but a little more skill requirement would be nice. Is there a way for me to tweak it myself? In what PBOs are these settings defined so that I may take a look?

Thanks again for a great contribution!

Thank you!!!

The gameplay and balance parameters are a subject to change. But if you want to make changes for yourself, here's a pbo list of the mod.

Sud_gw_air - air vehicles

Sud_gw_v - wheeled vehicles

Sud_gw_t - tracked vehicles

Sud_gw_wpn - weapons and ammo

Sud_gw_u - units, vests, etc.

Sud_gw_data - common files (f.i. Penetration rvmats)

sud_ru_radio - radio protocol

If you want to change weapon parameters, you should edit the Sud_gw_wpn.pbo. :-)))

Talking about weapons, Sudden, u know the CAF_Agressors MOD, right ?

I'm wondering if in anymode this addon can kill the Enemy whit one shot.

It's really complicated take 5 shots in the russians whit no kavlar to kill them.

Talking about weapons, Sudden, u know the CAF_Agressors MOD, right ?

I'm wondering if in anymode this addon can kill the Enemy whit one shot.

It's really complicated take 5 shots in the russians whit no kavlar to kill them.

No, I don't. :-))) Really don't have time to play with other mods.

All Russians are hard to kill, didn't you know? :-)))

P.S. The damage values of the ammo is now the same as in vanilla Arma3. This may change in the future.

Thank you!!!

The gameplay and balance parameters are a subject to change. But if you want to make changes for yourself, here's a pbo list of the mod.

Sud_gw_air - air vehicles

Sud_gw_v - wheeled vehicles

Sud_gw_t - tracked vehicles

Sud_gw_wpn - weapons and ammo

Sud_gw_u - units, vests, etc.

Sud_gw_data - common files (f.i. Penetration rvmats)

sud_ru_radio - radio protocol

If you want to change weapon parameters, you should edit the Sud_gw_wpn.pbo. :-)))

Thank you very much! I will now figure out how it all works and toy around with it. I will post what I can come up with, if I can come up with anything at all xD

Cheers!

For some reason, our gaming night broke this weekend. Did anyone have trouble with this and ALiVE on Chernarus?

Upgraded this and ALiVE to the current versions, and it was spawning in Iranian OPFOR Bug guys right inside the friendly BLUFOR Marker. We had to give up and switch over to Altis and play without this great Russian pack.

Thank you very much! I will now figure out how it all works and toy around with it. I will post what I can come up with, if I can come up with anything at all xD

Cheers!

Thanks! Any ideas would be appreciated!

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

For some reason, our gaming night broke this weekend. Did anyone have trouble with this and ALiVE on Chernarus?

Upgraded this and ALiVE to the current versions, and it was spawning in Iranian OPFOR Bug guys right inside the friendly BLUFOR Marker. We had to give up and switch over to Altis and play without this great Russian pack.

Do you remember what kind of units were spawining? This could happen if some group was configured on the wrong side in config. I will check on that.

Negative. We had it setup the same for weeks now. ALiVE spawns in SUD_USSR all over Map, with the Blacklist Marker for BLUFOR so we have a quite and safe base in the upper right, with Airbase. In that marker we of course spawn in through ALiVE the SUD_NATO.

Upgraded both Mods. Then same map of Chernarus with same, unchanged setup, loaded up Map. We got an error for the SU25 (you change classname??), I had them placed separate so they were spawning at 100% and flying around map. So I had to replace that classname in mission.sqm with the MI48 Helicopter so the Map would load.

Then we always fly into our Base at start, but it was always a War Zone going on with default Iran inside the Base, with all hell breaking loose, and we got shot down every time. Then I changed it so we could spawn at the Base instead, and tried to wait for the fighting to end. Was always thick with Iran OPFOR and never saw ANY Russians. Never place any Iran on Map. Just the SUD_USSR through ALiVE and the 2 SU25s that didnt work, switched out to the Russian MI48 choppers. Map/Game was unplayable. (at least the way we wanted).

So we just went back to Altis with ALiVE and default OPFOR, (still fun) but we really LOVE your East-vs-West on Chernarus. Not seeing anyone else post similar on Forums, so I wonder if there is some other conflict? Kooky.

Hi! This is a good mod. But, this thing destroys optical sights for sniper rifles.

Please, take a look:

arma320141_6915648_14248981.jpg

In the picture - not mod. This is a BIS's snipers "blue" and "green".

Edited by Karlos_Z
edit ru-to-en translation

We noticed this as well with the Scopes. Figured it was a conflict. Couldn't figure out which mod though.

Are you sure its this one?

Negative. We had it setup the same for weeks now. ALiVE spawns in SUD_USSR all over Map, with the Blacklist Marker for BLUFOR so we have a quite and safe base in the upper right, with Airbase. In that marker we of course spawn in through ALiVE the SUD_NATO.

Upgraded both Mods. Then same map of Chernarus with same, unchanged setup, loaded up Map. We got an error for the SU25 (you change classname??), I had them placed separate so they were spawning at 100% and flying around map. So I had to replace that classname in mission.sqm with the MI48 Helicopter so the Map would load.

Then we always fly into our Base at start, but it was always a War Zone going on with default Iran inside the Base, with all hell breaking loose, and we got shot down every time. Then I changed it so we could spawn at the Base instead, and tried to wait for the fighting to end. Was always thick with Iran OPFOR and never saw ANY Russians. Never place any Iran on Map. Just the SUD_USSR through ALiVE and the 2 SU25s that didnt work, switched out to the Russian MI48 choppers. Map/Game was unplayable. (at least the way we wanted).

So we just went back to Altis with ALiVE and default OPFOR, (still fun) but we really LOVE your East-vs-West on Chernarus. Not seeing anyone else post similar on Forums, so I wonder if there is some other conflict? Kooky.

Curious if anyone else runs this on Alive? I get a problem in that when I assign a large amount of Alive AI, I eventually always run into CSAT even though I always Faction Overide either :SUD_NATO or SUD_ USSR

Ahem.

:rolleyes:

Extremely pleased to find this mod as old OFP(1) fan I basically spent most of the time in CWR2 mod for ArmA2.

Just one question to the author or people here, in the pictures I noticed Malden/Everon villages, are you guys planning to port also the (so far best remakes) of Everon/Malden from CWR2 mod or are you using only the Malden 2010/Everon 2014 islands.

PS: Just asking because even with A3MP support moving the @CWR2 islands to arma3 has dependency/config issues so if these islands are to become part of any arma3 mod to port them, I just figured EvW looks like the right bunch of people interested in this.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm investigating! :-)))

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

ZerXen2;2794111']Extremely pleased to find this mod as old OFP(1) fan I basically spent most of the time in CWR2 mod for ArmA2.

Just one question to the author or people here' date=' in the pictures I noticed Malden/Everon villages, are you guys planning to port also the (so far best remakes) of Everon/Malden from CWR2 mod or are you using only the Malden 2010/Everon 2014 islands.

PS: Just asking because even with A3MP support moving the @CWR2 islands to arma3 has dependency/config issues so if these islands are to become part of any arma3 mod to port them, I just figured EvW looks like the right bunch of people interested in this.[/quote']

Thanks! This mod is not in any way associated with CWR2 so I'm not porting anything from it. The islands are planned, but I can't promise anything as long as I haven't done any islands for the series since OFP. :-))) At the moment I recommend using the A3MP with OFP islands released standalone for Arma2 (not the ones released in CWR2). I haven't experienced any problems with them.

..... Just an addendum Sudden - I wouldn't recommend A3MP - It's no longer supported and indeed Alduric, the Author has explained it's effective retrograded now versus the newer AiA_TP.

AiA_TP is the one to use this is based on the All in Armour configs, plus all the islands etc. And is supported by a team of guys building in fixes and upgrades.

Anyway hope it helps

SJ

..... Just an addendum Sudden - I wouldn't recommend A3MP - It's no longer supported and indeed Alduric, the Author has explained it's effective retrograded now versus the newer AiA_TP.

AiA_TP is the one to use this is based on the All in Armour configs, plus all the islands etc. And is supported by a team of guys building in fixes and upgrades.

Anyway hope it helps

SJ

Thanks for the information. :-)))

Ahem.

:rolleyes:

Okay, I'm an idiot... Found problem. Forgot to ENABLE the new update for v0.95. Sorry!

LOL. So used to mod conflicts, just assumed... Had to setup the folder, and rename. :p

Naturally the game wont find the new folder when changing a name manually. Hehe!!

Hi! This is a good mod. But, this thing destroys optical sights for sniper rifles.

Please, take a look:

http://i6.pixs.ru/thumbs/9/8/1/arma320141_6915648_14248981.jpg

In the picture - not mod. This is a BIS's snipers "blue" and "green".

Yeah, this is a major issue :(

It's not even something broken added in the mod, but rather the mod breaking existing weapon, making it an issue as long as the mod is active even when it isn't used.

Any chance for a fix?