sudden

East vs West (OFP inspired mod)

EvW Helicopters DLC :-)))) Just couldn't wait.

v0.95

*Helicopters MI-8, UH-60

*New units: engineers and sappers

*New items: RD-54 and ALICE backpacks

*Ammoboxes added

*New magnificent Soviet helmet SH-68 model made by Vladimir (aka _boby_)!!!!

*Some fixes and tweaks

This update could have been released four hours earlier if I wouldn't decide to play some time with ALive mod. :)

Great thanks to Vladimir for his excelent SH-68 helmet and I hope we will do a lot more stuff together.

evshot15.jpg

evshot14.jpg

Download ~655Mb

Edited by sudden

v0.95

*Helicopters MI-8, UH-60

*Ammoboxes added

*Some fixes and tweaks

Yes man! :)

I don't know what more words can I use to express how outstanding your work is :bounce3:

БОЛЬШОЕ СПÐСИБО / Thank you so much! ( also to Vladimir for the great helmet! )

EDIT:

After testing the new version for some time, I can only take my hat off to you.

I love the texture works you did in parts of the interior of the helicopters.

I've found a little bug but, in the UH60 you can "lower" and "rise" the gear ( which technically is impossible as the gear is fixed ). Also there are A3 weapons in the inventory.

Love the backpacks!

Edited by MistyRonin
adding EDIT

v0.95

*Helicopters MI-8, UH-60

*Ammoboxes added

*Some fixes and tweaks

This update could have been released four hours earlier if I wouldn't decide to play some time with ALive mod. :)

Great thanks to Vladimir for his excelent SH-68 helmet and I hope we will do a lot more stuff together.

http://acrofobia.ru/images/evw/evshot15.jpg

http://acrofobia.ru/images/evw/evshot14.jpg

Download ~655Mb

I like you man! Cold War Missions in my future

v0.95

*Helicopters MI-8, UH-60

*Ammoboxes added

*Some fixes and tweaks

http://acrofobia.ru/images/evw/evshot15.jpg

http://acrofobia.ru/images/evw/evshot14.jpg

Download ~655Mb

Awesome news, your work is much appreciated sudden.

I'm looking forward to using this great mod with ALive, now that there are some transport heli's in mix :)

Whats next on the agenda? Gunship/Attack Helicopters i assume :p

Wow, thanks man, will love the helis. For my understanding - is sud_russians obsolete with this or does sud_russians offer different assets/factions? Cannot look currently...

Shazaam! Great, going out of town this weekend. No playtime for me. :eek:

I had the same question but forgot to ask; I think sud_Russians is modern, and EvW is Cold War era. Same here. On my phone right now.

I posted a temporary workaround script to get ALiVE logistics to use the new EvW helicopters correctly on the ALiVE thread. It can go in init.sqf or anywhere else as long as the server/host runs it on mission start.

+ and thanks for the work sudden :D

This update can run whit Alive ?

If yes, u work on the A-10 and Su-25 explode in empty location when the pilot go in ?

Thank you all guys. Sorry for the bugs, for sure they will be fixed soon after BIS release their new DLC.

Sud_russians is a completely different mod which just adds a Russian faction to current Arma3 environment.

Yes, the next step will be Hind and Super Cobra and that's where we come to v1. :-)))

Thank you very much for informing us about the update :cool:

Updated alpha version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Sudden, can u answer my question ?

I really love u work man, but the case of the airplane explode in dedicated comes breaking my heart :(

In this update, this was fix ?

I really love u work man, but the case of the airplane explode in dedicated comes breaking my heart :(

Cheers! I didn't understand it was a question.

I don't know exactly because I was unable to reproduce this. I have changed some parameters in the models, but I'm not sure if it solves your problem. In my case everything plays fine on dedicated. No explosions. Maybe it's a problem with a Linux server version or something, because I have only tested it on Windows.

Maybe you can get some more info on this issue? Logs, rpt files, any kind of input would be great.

Thanks for the feedback!

P.S. I have found some info on the same things sometimes happening with helicopters. Can you try to shoot a bullet to the plane before get in?

Edited by sudden

I love your mod. But it's a pity that the new helicopters isn't compatible with JSRS 2.0.

And do you plan to add MI-24 Hind to see even KA-50?

Great mod! Good job ! :D

I love your mod. But it's a pity that the new helicopters isn't compatible with JSRS 2.0.

And do you plan to add MI-24 Hind to see even KA-50?

Great mod! Good job ! :D

Hey, man, thanks! Sounds actually are not the strong part of this mod and I know it. Mainly because making sounds takes a bunch of effort and a lot of time. BTW, I also personally don't like the sounds in most mods that I have ever played, because usually they are not balanced. JSRS mod also doesn't provide all the sounds modders may need so for now it is what it is.

Mi-24 and Ah-1w will come next and bring this mod to the v1.0. :-))))

I also think about making Apache and V-80 (which was the name of Ka-50 at start) attack helicopters, but it's not a priority task for me now.

Edited by sudden

Another great update here is a dancing banana :D :yay: Looking forward to the future revisions of this mod. One thing, could you port over the M113 Ambulance from arma 2, It would be a pretty cool support vehicle.

Sorry for a bad fucking english Sudden.

And yes, we try shot in the plane, respawn the plane whit some altitude. But only think gos work. We pick a Hammer and go in for behind the A-10 we push him forward, and after this he don't explode anymore, but if u leave the plane for a fill minutes and try get inside, he explode again.

wonderful work sudden, the soldiers walk funny though. they kind bend their back as they walk or always have their gun pointing straight.

This is an Arma 3 bug that also happens to stock aircraft, but happens constantly to the A10 on Dedi. Seems like a problem of wheels stuck in ground and colliding.

Work around: Works most of the time. Put this in init.

this setVectorUP (surfaceNormal [(getPosATL this) select 0,(getPosATL this) select 1]);

You could aslo use with a vehicle respawn script as function like so in init

_nul = [this, 2, 1, {[_this] call anti_collision}] execVM "vehrespawn.sqf";

function:

anti_collision = {
private "_obj";
_obj = _this select 0;
_obj setVectorUP (surfaceNormal [(getPosATL _obj) select 0,(getPosATL _obj) select 1]);
true
};

Great work Sudden. Thanks for the update.

Great update! Love to see the old blackhawk. The new backpacks were a nice addition too, the ALICE pack in particular.

Thanks everyone!

I suppose the exploding bug is somehow connected with the Geometry LOD. Arma3 damage model of air vehicles is very poor as the vehicle just explodes if it runs into any obstacle with any geometry part while flying.

where Arma3 new FM is compared with DCS. I have skipped time to the damage part comparison. :-)))

So I will try to change that in the next update, but I will need your feedback, because in my current environment the problem doesn't exist.

I'm sure somebody will make a config for EVW once the new JSRS sound mod gets released, I really miss the brrrrrt of the A-10 cannon. The stock arma 3 sound is just terrible lol. Great work mate, The mod is really coming along well.

This is an Arma 3 bug that also happens to stock aircraft, but happens constantly to the A10 on Dedi. Seems like a problem of wheels stuck in ground and colliding.

Work around: Works most of the time. Put this in init.

this setVectorUP (surfaceNormal [(getPosATL this) select 0,(getPosATL this) select 1]);

You could aslo use with a vehicle respawn script as function like so in init

_nul = [this, 2, 1, {[_this] call anti_collision}] execVM "vehrespawn.sqf";

function:

anti_collision = {
private "_obj";
_obj = _this select 0;
_obj setVectorUP (surfaceNormal [(getPosATL _obj) select 0,(getPosATL _obj) select 1]);
true
};

Great work Sudden. Thanks for the update.

If i try this, this code in the sqf will provide respawn and spawn "debuged" the A-10 ?

Sorry, for not being clear. I meant INITIALIZATION field of object in editor not init.sqf.

The first line could be used by itself but alone does not provide respawn.

The second line depends on a vehicle respawn script. In this case example is vehrespawn.sqf by Iceman77. Its very good.

The second line could be used in addition to the first, but you must copy the function/block into

vehInitFunctions.sqf which comes with vehrespawn.sqf.

Hope that makes it clear.

Sorry, for not being clear. I meant INITIALIZATION field of object in editor not init.sqf.

The first line could be used by itself but alone does not provide respawn.

The second line depends on a vehicle respawn script. In this case example is vehrespawn.sqf by Iceman77. Its very good.

The second line could be used in addition to the first, but you must copy the function/block into

vehInitFunctions.sqf which comes with vehrespawn.sqf.

Hope that makes it clear.

Like water!

Thanks for the explication.