sudden

East vs West (OFP inspired mod)

A-10 have no rocket alarm, SU propably too

You mean no RWR (radar warning receiver, that beepbeepbeep when an enmy fires a AA missile or SAM against ya)... yeah, as this is the first airplanes sudden releases, this bug is kinda expected... but it´s an easy fix, literally a missing comma or - + in one single line ;)

Thou the A-10 exploding on MP is kinda of engine bug, as stillman´s A-10 and peral´s A-10C has this same bug =P

cheers!

Anyone try to play this on dedicated ?

Because every time i get in the plane, he explode.

Sorry for question but any ideas of how to use only the vehicles? Thank you Sudden you are great!

Sorry for question but any ideas of how to use only the vehicles? Thank you Sudden you are great!

Add them empty in the editor then you can use the command MoveInCargo, MoveInGunner, MoveInDriver

I'm having the same issue as M4rK3Tin6, the A-10A seems to explode as soon as I get in it in a dedicated server

In version 0.9 it says that it is compatible with JSRS, I have JSRS2.2 and I haven't noticed a difference, is there something I have to do in order for the JSRS sounds to work?

;2778991']You mean no RWR (radar warning receiver' date=' that[i'] beepbeepbee[/i]p when an enmy fires a AA missile or SAM against ya)... yeah, as this is the first airplanes sudden releases, this bug is kinda expected... but it´s an easy fix, literally a missing comma or - + in one single line ;)

Thou the A-10 exploding on MP is kinda of engine bug, as stillman´s A-10 and peral´s A-10C has this same bug =P

cheers!

Strange! Just checked my A10 on a windows dedicated... it works. No explosions...

What bug are you talking about? I have beeps on both A10 and SU25 when a missile is incoming. Or there's something else needed?

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

In version 0.9 it says that it is compatible with JSRS, I have JSRS2.2 and I haven't noticed a difference, is there something I have to do in order for the JSRS sounds to work?

Actually all you get with JSRS lines in config are tails, reflections and bullet fly sounds. The sounds of the gun from the first person POV remain untouched.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Probably Arma 3's crappy AI but two A-10's get their arse kicked by 4 T-72's lol

It's the AI. They don't use the height factor flying on 100m max where they are vulnerable.

If you have at least 2500m of view distance you should get them all in two-three passes. Just use brakes and flaps.

If you want an AI pilot to kill someone with Mavericks just use fireAtTarget command. It works perfectly.

well I use AGM, and a lot more mods - but this shouldn t have any conflict with radar system - will try it without mods and see if that happend

Strange! Just checked my A10 on a windows dedicated... it works. No explosions...

What bug are you talking about? I have beeps on both A10 and SU25 when a missile is incoming. Or there's something else needed?

Sudden, I hadn´t tested your Su-25, and A-10 untill tonight and was assuming on Przemro´s complaints... but indeed, there´s the RWR beepbeepbeep sound, but there´s no visual indication on ArmA3 radar/RWR GUI whatsoever as you can see on these snapshots, one portraiting Stillman´s A-10A and the second yours... as you can see, there´s mission almost all symbology on the Radar (except for the heading compass) and so you don´t have any visual indication of incoming missiles, nor target positions on it, I bet you´ve disabled it so your style of hard locking Air-to-Ground Missiles would work, and maybe represent the lack of air-to-ground radar on those planes, but it made impossible to track incoming attacks, thou both Su-25 and A-10A had RWR indicators that would work that way (indicating proximity and heading of incoming attacks)

So it´s ideal that you at least don´t disable the ArmA3 vehicle radar, just make it harder to lock =)

I´m not using AGM, so it has nothing to do with AGM conflicts whatsoever!

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

;2780270']Sudden' date=' I hadn´t tested your Su-25, and A-10 untill tonight and was assuming on Przemro´s complaints... but indeed, there´s the RWR beepbeepbeep sound, but there´s no visual indication on ArmA3 radar/RWR GUI whatsoever as you can see on these snapshots, one portraiting Stillman´s A-10A and the second yours... as you can see, there´s mission almost all symbology on the Radar (except for the heading compass) and so you don´t have any visual indication of incoming missiles, nor target positions on it, I bet you´ve disabled it so your style of hard locking Air-to-Ground Missiles would work, and maybe represent the lack of air-to-ground radar on those planes, but it made impossible to track incoming attacks, thou both Su-25 and A-10A had RWR indicators that would work that way (indicating proximity and heading of incoming attacks)

So it´s ideal that you at least don´t disable the ArmA3 vehicle radar, just make it harder to lock =)

I´m not using AGM, so it has nothing to do with AGM conflicts whatsoever!

cheers!

Cheers! And thanks for the clarification.

I don't like the idea of enabling the air-to-ground radar, because it would be easy to spot ground targets for the player.

I would think how to make visual indication of an incoming missile on the RWRs instead.

Do you know something about exploding planes on dedicated?

I have tested several scenarios yesterday (with player get in a plane manually, player spawn to a plane, or start the mission in a flying plane) and had never ended with plane explosion.

Yeah, If you manage to make a visual indication of missile attack (even if independent of ArmA3 "magic radar" as some say) it would be great!

I´ve just read about this, it happens with some vehicles, normally ported from A2, but mostly Peral´s A-10C, Stillman´s A-10A, some tanks... I´ve never experienced cus I don´t play on dedicated, just listen servers (my own with friends)lol

Keep up the great work!

Sudden - great news on the release. I can see the mod is really coming together. We have our First 3CB Unit outing on Sahrani tonight playing with EvW !!

I did notice that for some reason the M163 is not showing up in Zeus. The Shilka is there for the Commies, but no Yankee Pivads.

Also FANTASTIC that you got it working in ALiVE - I've been sitting on an ALiVE mission waiting for the unit config to work finally !!!

Cheers !

SJ

The plane only explode if he start in the ground in empty.

The bug will appears when u get in.

PS: This only happens on dedicated.

Thank you all for the support and feedback!

Yeah, the M163 is missing in Zeus. My bad. Will be fixed.

About A10 exploding, I'm working on it.

BTW, transport helis are almost ready. :-)))

Looking forward to the helis! Are you going to make them compatible with sling loading?

After this comment it seems that I have no choice! :-)))))

One remark though. It will be added after all the new features will make it to the stable branch. Just don't want to do the job twice.

Edited by sudden

For me vehicles break too fast - breaking from 60 to 0 should take you moment, and here is nearly instant. - and I am still waiting for UAZ with HMG :-)

Also how about better sounds for guns?

and I am still waiting for UAZ with HMG :-)

That would be so cool!

For me vehicles break too fast - breaking from 60 to 0 should take you moment, and here is nearly instant. - and I am still waiting for UAZ with HMG :-)

Remember that Sudden is the only one working in the project, and as far as I know he is just a human being, as the rest of us ( he needs to rest, eat, work/study and so on ).

Curious if anyone else runs this on Alive? I get a problem in that when I assign a large amount of Alive AI, I eventually always run into CSAT even though I always Faction Overide either :SUD_NATO or SUD_ USSR

This with ALiVE is absolutely fantastic. I had that problem until I realized that I needed to disable the Skirmish setting in TPW. I wonder if that's your issue?

Edited by Goblin
spelling

Just a heads up Sudden and EVW fans, yesterday we released 0.8 ALiVE which contains the logistics and ambient vehicle settings for EVW.

This with ALiVE is absolutely fantastic. I had that problem until I realized that I needed to disable the Scrimish setting in TPW. I wonder if that's your issue?

Yep that was the first thing I disabled. Strange, maybe some other mod is doing a 'unit switch' type of thingie. If you could, would you mind sending me a simple template mission that works cause maybe I'm just not setting the Alive up correctly?

Just a heads up Sudden and EVW fans, yesterday we released 0.8 ALiVE which contains the logistics and ambient vehicle settings for EVW.

Yes and it took your mod to yet another level..thanks for all the hard work guys!