sudden

East vs West (OFP inspired mod)

Small thing, wouldn't it be RPK-74 if this takes place in the 1980s?

4 posts above:

Yes, M249 and RPK are also planned. Static mortars - why not. :-)))

Would love to see an M60 for sure !!

I think that Vilas possibly had one from his 80's mod ? If not I've definitely seen one somewhere I'm sure of it

SJ

I think that Vilas possibly had one from his 80's mod ? If not I've definitely seen one somewhere I'm sure of it

If I'm not wrong Vilas one was a port of the OFP one from BI files.

No, I was referring to that post. RPK-74 would be more recent and more inline with a 1980s armory, yes?

For M60s, I found a CWR M60A3 searching for vilas's. It has a woodland texture by him at least. Also, he has an M60A3 in his P85 mod.

I see that someone has posted a modified config for Alive support but as I am a complete noob with modifying configs etc from .pbo is there any chance this can be included in future releases?? I know a lot of people use Alive and to have your east v west on Alive would be truly wonderful. Alternatively if not can someone walk me though the process of which .pbo I need to unpack to update the config file. Thanks.

About Kiowa, M60A3 and other custom vehicles. My plan is to adapt as many BIS vehicles as possible before starting modelling something else. Just because it's faster.

I'm also not a fan of "having everything ever made" in the mod. There's a "you play too much Arma when..." post on the Armaholic forums, where I just loved the statement "you play too much Arma when you can name every M4 modification" :-)))

Of course, we were talking about RPK-74. :-))

I see that someone has posted a modified config for Alive support but as I am a complete noob with modifying configs etc from .pbo is there any chance this can be included in future releases?? I know a lot of people use Alive and to have your east v west on Alive would be truly wonderful. Alternatively if not can someone walk me though the process of which .pbo I need to unpack to update the config file. Thanks.

What's the problem with Alive mod? Not enough groups configured in cfgGroups?

Sorry Sudden I haven't checked recently but for alive to work properly your factions 'east' & 'west' need to have a faction name alive does not work on individual groups.

Stick to the basics, and don't overload yourself with 100 different vehicles, units and weapons. Looking forward to the MBT's!

Sorry Sudden I haven't checked recently but for alive to work properly your factions 'east' & 'west' need to have a faction name alive does not work on individual groups.

Thanks! I'll pay attention to this in the next update. :-)))

Thanks for your work on this addon, sudden. Having fun with OFP nostalgia.

For future content updates, from a mission-making point of view I would suggest something to blow up for objectives, like a Shilka or static artillery. I see you are working on some statics anyway, so they will do in the mean time.

Also, don't know if you're aware, but the turrets of the APCs can be very easily disabled by small arms fire (a few bursts from the M60 or PK). And the bullet hit effect on the armour of the BMP, BTR and 113 seems to be of the 'dirt' variety rather than metallic 'sparks', which the M2A2 has.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Thanks for your work on this addon, sudden. Having fun with OFP nostalgia.

For future content updates, from a mission-making point of view I would suggest something to blow up for objectives, like a Shilka or static artillery. I see you are working on some statics anyway, so they will do in the mean time.

Also, don't know if you're aware, but the turrets of the APCs can be very easily disabled by small arms fire (a few bursts from the M60 or PK). And the bullet hit effect on the armour of the BMP, BTR and 113 seems to be of the 'dirt' variety rather than metallic 'sparks', which the M2A2 has.

Thank you!

You're right. There're only some basic materials present in the FireGeometry at the moment and the whole damage and penetration thing needs tweaking a lot. I plan to start working on this as soon as I finish making the armoured vehicles.

To answer your second question there're four of them left (T72B, M1A1, Shilka and M163). T72 and M163 are almost ready. :-)))

Awesome, I look forward to blowing up your work.

One other thing I've noticed while making missions - the AI likes to shoot in rapid bursts rather than single shot. When you're in close quarters, they are pretty much firing at you on full auto. Since most units have about 5 mags, they run out of ammo pretty quickly. In Arma 2 a mission maker could control this by limiting their 'aimingShake' skill which had the effect of lowering their rate of fire, but in Arma 3 you can't manipulate their ROF at all, just their accuracy (even setting fatigue doesn't work). I guess the AI's default fire mode is determined by the weapon, right? So I wonder if you'd consider tweaking the weapons so your units fired in single shot, or at least waited a little longer in between bursts?

Also, there's quite alot of RPT spam about bones not existing in OFP2 man skeleton, and 'no speaker given' for units.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

the specularity (at least) on the US vehicles is too much, they look like they have been waxed, maybe you want to tweak that a littlebit? :)

Soviet tanks in Europe!!! :-))

Update v0.8

*New vehicles: T72B and M1A1

*Implemented manual laser rangefinders to both tanks. Use "OpticsMode" key (default is "/" on Numeric keyboard or Ctrl + RightMouse).

*New weapons: AKS74U and XM177

*New items: crew helmets and silencers for AKS74U and XM177

*New units: Tank crews and Recon Scouts for both sides

*Started armour tweaking

evshot8.jpg

evshot9.jpg

evshot10.jpg

evshot11.jpg

Download ~541Mb

Mate you're a bloody legend! I know you've done a lot of work and it's not easy for one bloke to make all of this on his own, but can I suggest a couple of things? Maybe some more infantry units like LAW soldier, RPG18, and maybe an engineer class with backpacks (with toolkit and mines and mine detectors), medic backpacks and maybe extra woodland camo backpacks for assistant machine gunners?

But anyway everything in the mod so far is looking great and thanks for all your hard work. Also what is the classname for the US/SOVIET RPG pack? I cant find it anywhere.

That was fast!!! Great job sudden :D

The T72 looks outstanding!

I can't wait for the light MGs.

( I agree that the LAW would be good too )

Edited by MistyRonin

Cool.

Thanks look pretty soviet, cold war flashback time 4 real

Armor values definitely need a bit tweaking, put 3 tank rounds from the M1A1 into the rear of the T-72 before the crew bailed out, and maybe a total of 14 tank rounds to finally destroy it, turret/gun is rather weak on both tanks no matter where the tank is hit. Although i did destroy the T72 with a single TOW missile from the Bradley.

Put 4 RPG-7 rounds into the back of the M1A1 and didn't make a dent, also 4 Gustav rounds in the back of the T-72 disables the main gun, the crew remain with active MG's.

Also the M1A1 gets up to speed pretty fast and belts along at 133km/h on-road, i think it's max on-road speed is about 72km/h (governed) in real life. Maxed the T-72 out on-road at about 63-64km/h, which is accurate to real life 60 km/h, and the T-72 really feels like it's got some weight to it too so it's really good.

I'm guessing you haven't added interiors to the MBT's yet?

It's all coming along nicely though, keep it up mate.

Edited by killjoyau73

Thanks, sudden!

The XM177 and AKSU are nice extras, I was missing them. Also I guess you tweaked the APC armour already - I can't destroy the Bradley turret with an M60 anymore :)

I get constant script errors when putting the M1A1 and T72 in game. rangeInit.sqf, undefined variable _zoom. My connection did drop while downloading though, so maybe the file was corrupted.

One small thing I just noticed: the BMP has M16s in it.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Thank you very much for informing us about the update :cool:

Updated alpha version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Looking great Sudden, thanks for all your work !

So.... when are we getting a third Faction ? BOAR ? Would to see some Chieftans Mk10's in there....

SJ

p.s. Any chance of a T-64 ? More likely to have faced these in Europe ?

Edited by serjames

Great update, i hope you add in Resistance Units. Perhaps Victor Troska will make an appearance? :)

Thanks for the release, is this version fully working with Alive mod?