sudden

East vs West (OFP inspired mod)

In opposition to LDU-30: Please keep NATO SF \ Russian weapon pack out of it. The less addons required, the better.

We had some good fun with vehicles from EvW and in the overall cold war setting (Cold War Crisis all over again).

The only thing we miss is the opposition to Reyhard great T-72 backed up by Your and his light armour - the M60.

Edited by JonPL

In opposition to LDU-30: Please keep NATO SF \ Russian weapon pack out of it. The less addons required, the better.

Agree. The RDS tank pack may be a must, if Sudden don't want to port that vehicles, but the NATO SF/Russian Weapon pack IMO is no need at all.

Sudden, You might want to talk with Raid about his Abrams, a retouched version would really fit the EvW mod, along with Reyhard's goodies.

Would make a pretty complete CWC set.

Great mod, definitely takes me back. When I run it though the scopes on my Sniper units are missing. Is anyone else getting this bug? Had a similar issue awhile back with the R3F Armes Mod and I think they were able to patch it.

Hi,

Has anyone managed to add this mod to the Zeus available units list?

The BRDM2 could use some love. The gunner optic markings and tiny and could also use a couple of zoom levels. It's not a very good scout car at the moment.

So how's progess? Dying to get in and play around with the m2a2 Bradly so i hope that's going to be included in future a update. Been having a lot of fun with this mod. keep up the great work

I've just published a mission using it on the workshop called "Soviet Nemisis", check it out if you want and let me know what you think.

Think I may have found a problem with the 5-tonner. On Stratis, posX 1898, posY 5554, on the airfield, I tried to drive into the grey garage building (speed around 10kmh or so). The computer said no.

Sudden,i know your probably aware,

but east vs west AND sud russians weapons have no sound since last update changes.

Maybe someone can make up a hotfix for it as well as his russians addon? Or do you need author permission first?

Edited by killjoyau73

Sudden I don't know if you are aware but Aplion released his files open, so anyone could continue his work.

There you will find from helos ( like the old fashioned huey with M60s, chinnok, ah1 ), HUMMVEs,( including the tow one ), UAZ, etc. that could perfectly fit your mod.

Hi guys,

as I'm modding since the beggining of ArmA 1 era, I've decided to take a long brake.

In fact I'm very disappointed by the way BIS is working on ArmA 3 as, from my point of view, they only seem to be caring about minor bugs fixing, doing almost nothing to improve game's main engine, performance and AI behavior (which are the most serious issues IMHO).

Anyway this post doesn't made on purpose to be against BIS but to inform all of you about my current status and who knows at the future if some serious improvements will be done, I'll be back on business.

Based on that, I thought that it will be better to freely give to the community all my ArmA 2 imports unbinarized, so anyone wants to be able to continue and improve my so far work on that subject. After all, these models are BIS property.

So here you are ...

ArmA2 US Helis Unbinarized : http://www.mediafire.com/download/cibb7npbawqnebv/HAFM_ArmA2_Helis_UNBINED.rar

ArmA2 HMMWVs Unbinarized : http://www.mediafire.com/download/0wp92ahm9bdwr2y/HAFM_ArmA2_HMMWV_UNBINED.rar

ArmA2 UAZs Unbinarized : http://www.mediafire.com/download/px9shilcp21c1x6/HAFM_ArmA2_East_Wheeled_UNBINED.rar

ArmA2 UK vehicles Unbinarized : http://www.mediafire.com/download/p1k9s9ymmp3pcth/HAFM_ArmA2_UK_Wheeled_UNBINED.rar

Note 1 : these files are given "as is" and no further help will be provided by my side.

Note 2 : anyone wants to make changes on these files, is free to proceed at will.

Aplion

Also you have the unbinarized version of Reyhard's static weapons if you want to learn about how they work ( to add cannons, and mortars and so on, on both sides )

Edited by MistyRonin

I'm working on this. ;-)

Great news! With these assets and BeefaloBart "reports", I think your mod will rock completely! :bounce3:

May I ask if you have given an opportunity to the M2 Bradley?

Looks really fun and lite. I hope you come out with a sound fix real soon. I would very much like to see this in TacBF PVP modification and I can definitely make that happen.

Care to give us a sneak peak on what the next update is? :)
probably just the sound issues fixed, which would be enough already to warrant a new release.

I assume that is meant as replacement for the config in sud_gw_u. I repacked it, but it still gives errors like "Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_SUD_AK74/FullAuto.StandardSound'." and so on. Taking out the (then supposedly unneeded) sud_gw_wpn doesn't help either because the sud_gw_t needs it etc., also I think the vehicle weapons might also have the same issue.

Probably better to wait for a proper fix by Sudden.

Yes, it's a replacement for the config in that pbo. I didn't want to make a hotfix, I only wanted to make it work again for a mission and I thought I share it. The weapons pbo is still needed, because I used his binoculars.

To be honest, I have a 15 Gb Mod Pack and I don't care about this errors anymore. Especially since the last update. Start A3 and take a look in your rpt. I think after that, this little warning message won't bother you either.

But as always. If you don't like, don't use it. ;)

Edited by [KGB]Cartman

I would have liked it, I just can't get it to work ;)

And it's not the rpt file size I'm worrying (most errors in there are caused by BIS anyway^^), but weapons have no sound if they are not re-configured properly.

EDIT: Ahh, now I understand what you did, you just kept the wrong weapon configs (which keep causing the errors) but used different (working) weapons to equip the units. OK then, nevermind what I said.

Edited by Brainbug

@CARTMAN i'm trying to figure out what you did but still ahve some errors. Because of this it breaks the SP saving option. Right now looks like one of the weapon references are still causing issues.

Just wanted to share. Hoping Sudeen can release a fix soon :)

Edited by JCae2798