sudden

East vs West (OFP inspired mod)

Apart from the fact that i'm rolling around my room puking rainbow - this is outstanding work.

Tho some priority units are needed for at least AA level ORBAT:

-T72 and M1A1

-BMP2, M113 and M2 Bradley

-UAZ and JEEP

-AH/MH6 and MH60

-Mi-8 and Mi-24

-some other stuff, but I guess you know =)

Now I'm going to get back to A3 and enjoy some more of this mod.

Yeah, I know! :-)))

Good news, the problem with RPG is solved.

Strange thing: when you use a modelspecial parameter in the magazine config (for loaded RPG in my case), if you have some bones in model.cfg that are present in the first LOD of your modelspecial model, and the addon is binarized, you get a Crash to Desktop when spawn a player with that weapon. Temprorarily created a workaround with hide anim for RPG - ammo, but this won't let me implement different rocket types in the future.

I'm going to create a ticket for that, but I don't think it will be fixed ever.

Update this evening.

Great Idea, I think that the cold war era is the most interesting period military and historicaly. I had a lot more pleasure playing OFP or cold war rearmed addons then arma 1 or 2 or 3. It had this feeling of powerless and that you're taking part of a historical event that the others don't. I remember that mission in OFP where you have to find your way by looking at the stars at night. I had the same feeling in others video games like Vietcong.

Anyway, don't give up this as it looks very promising ;)

Edited by JackBender

Quick fix to v0.55

*New vehicle - UAZ

*Game crash when player is USSR AT Soldier - Fixed

*UI pictures for Grenade Launcher ammo added

evwshot3_small.jpg

Download ~375Mb

Edited by sudden

New update v0.55 alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@evw.png

@ sudden;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Updated alpha version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

This mod, A3MP and A2 helo pack (to get the Huey)... I had some epic nergasms ambushing USSR convoy in Chernarus, and doing some small-scale CAS with Huey... Ahh so much World in Conflict / OFP CWC /...Some other 80s thing, I dunno. Point being, this mod gave me a really good feeling about playing A3 again :)

Could we maybe get some simple 6col desert retextures of these units and some basic desert cammied soviets to go alongside? :3

[/wetdream]

One suggestion if I might add, would be to include more equipment on the ALICE...? Maybe?

Keep on the amazing work, loving the russian voices too ;)

I love this mod man, maybe you can try to get with the creators of the U.S. Military Mod and try porting their stuff into A3? I know they did 80's and 90's U.S. Forces with vehicles and such. Just a thought, but good work anyway!

Sudden, the issue with the popup error of a dependancy error with sud_gw_u.pbo - which causes NLSG issue (noLoadSavedGame - can´t load any saved game, due to broken dependancy in activated addons) - is still present... Alduric seemed to have fixed the dependancy error of A3MP (using dummy pbos) - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170241-A3MP-ArmA-3-Map-Pack&p=2639528&viewfull=1#post2639528

Maybe this could help!

cheers!

Oh yes..yes arma3 needed this, I can't wait for the good old m113 to return too.

Thank u all, guys!

M113 will appear very soon.

And I'm also working on the SaveGame problem. :-)

Updated to V0.6

*New vehicles: BTR60 and M113

*Added medics to both sides

*Vehicle weapons M2, KPVT, PKT added

*SaveGame issues solved

evwshot4_small.jpg

evwshot5_small.jpg

Download (~400Mb)

YAY! Thanks for squashing the SaveGame issues! Now, with Everon 2014 and sudden´s units, we can have some proper port of OPF missions! If we have a lil more patience, ASM airplanes and tanks (with the proper retexture, as they have hidden selection) will add to this formula = more OPF ported missions!

cheers!

Nice an update! Downloading it now... I hate to ask but, will there be a UAZ Armed to match NATO's Humvee? Just wondering.

Great work!

YAY! Thanks for squashing the SaveGame issues! Now, with Everon 2014 and sudden´s units, we can have some proper port of OPF missions! If we have a lil more patience, ASM airplanes and tanks (with the proper retexture, as they have hidden selection) will add to this formula = more OPF ported missions!

cheers!

Cheers!!! :-))) With A3MP you can easily use wonderful Malden, Everon and Nogova 2010 islands made by Hotzenplotz! They work perfectly.

Nice an update! Downloading it now... I hate to ask but, will there be a UAZ Armed to match NATO's Humvee? Just wondering.

Great work!

Actually, I haven't found any evidence that UAZ with mounted weapons were ever used in USSR Army (if someone have, please share).

So I see BRDM as armed Humvee's counterpart.

Thank you!

Updated alpha version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New update v0.6 alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@evw.png

@ sudden;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

2Foxhound and Sonsalt6

THANK YOU!

Well you have armed UAZ (like here) http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130811210927/uzbrojenie/pl/images/5/5d/Uaz-2.jpg

but I have no idea about ones in that times (still it s nice idea, to balance this units for pvp by adding armed uaz)

WOW, thanks!

The problem is this UAZ has PK which has 7.62, while HMMWV uses M2 which uses 12.7. Of course I can make a HMMWV to use M60 instead. Will see.

This wouldn't be a problem to make. ;-)

Are you going to upgrade physx in veicles? Maybe you could ask Apolion for advice/help, his imports are very good (imo) and driving hmmwv or m113 is "hard" now, still I like this mod for PvP :D good job, hope to see more things! (more armor, elis etc?)

Are you going to upgrade physx in veicles? Maybe you could ask Apolion for advice/help, his imports are very good (imo) and driving hmmwv or m113 is "hard" now, still I like this mod for PvP :D good job, hope to see more things! (more armor, elis etc?)

Thanks for the feedback! What do you mean by "driving is hard"?

Has the weapons no attachments? Maybe i am blind or something but i didnt found a single attachment using VAS. I used VAS cause there is no Ammobox, isnt it?

Has the weapons no attachments? Maybe i am blind or something but i didnt found a single attachment using VAS. I used VAS cause there is no Ammobox, isnt it?

No attachments yet.

Can't wait this gets better and better all the time...maybe even need to bring back some old ofp style missions.