Sign in to follow this  
meshcarver

Ok... what am I missing about AI PATH LODS..?

I've already got one building in with AI PATH LODS working, but for the life of me cannot get another working.

The AI just tell me "NO SIR! NEGATIVE!" when I try to send them to "position 01" which DOES appear in game...

They get close to it, but without entering the building, just close to the point by the wall outside... It's been a whole day wasted on this lol... please anyone...

My ROADWAYlod/VIEWlods are fine btw...

---------- Post added 03-05-2014 at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-04-2014 at 10:42 PM ----------

Got it at last again...

It seems the PATHLOD needs to be ALL ONE OBJECT with merged vertices etc- something I can't find reference to in all the tutorials I've came across..?

Can anyone clarify this please..?

Is PATHLOD the only LOD that can be almost any shape and single sided and doesn't need the COMPONENTS sorted out..?

Btw, when your building finally comes together and you see AI kicking off around it...well, it's a thing of beauty..! :D

It seems the PATHLOD needs to be ALL ONE OBJECT with merged vertices etc- something I can't find reference to in all the tutorials I've came across..?

Can anyone clarify this please..?

I guess you have to go back some years http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/brsseb/tutorials/lesson8/lesson8_l.htm

If you check the sample house model you can see it.

Btw, when your building finally comes together and you see AI kicking off around it.

Yep thats the "nice" part of rv modding ;)