Sign in to follow this  
war_lord

Dedicated server, missions won't start with certain mods.

To keep this short, the paid, dedicated server I have won't run missions that depend on certain addons, I select the mission, it briefly goes to waiting for host, and then goes back to the mission select screen, so far this has happened with A. any mission on Isla Duala or B. any mission with JDG Nimitz. Just in case I made a typo here is the -mod section of my command line.

mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;@ACRE;@jayarma2lib;@GL4;@bb_mercs;@st_acre_volume;@st_bunnyhop;@st_interact;@JDG_Nimitz;kyo_MH47E;@RH_HK416;@RH_Pistol;RH_SMG;@asr_rh_smg_ace;@asr_rh_pistol_ace;@asr_rh_hk416;@brg_africa;@ibr_dtowns;@mbg_gen_afr_buildings;@isla_duala;@fallujah;

This is caused by the server not having the required addons for the mission. Checking the server's RPT file will tell you which one is missing.

Also in your command line:

-you are running \expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion twice

-you are running non-beta version of CBA with the beta version of OA. Remove CBA, CBA_A2, CBA_OA and replace with just CBA_CO

-kyo_MH47E is missing the @ symbol (which is fine as long as the folder on the server is the same)

-kyo_MH47E is missing the @ symbol (which is fine as long as the folder on the server is the same)

RH_SMG as well.

I am having the same issue, with multiple vehicle mods.... I've checked over and over for user error. I am putting the proper name in the lauch options for the server, the mod is installed on the server, the key is in place, however its like the server simply won't recognize the mod...

The first instance was with the DAR Hummvee pack. we couldn't place the vehicles through MCC (although we could select them) and when I place them into the editor the server won't run the mission because its "missing required addons" however I'm looking at everything and its all in place. We had the same problem with the HAFM US helo pack and the Boeing Soar Chinook. I've troubleshooted this problem for the last week and I can't see a problem. Am I missing something?

A few things:

- could be a bad .bikey file if you are using verifySignatures=2 in your server.cfg - try setting to 0 and test - if that works you have a bad .bikey file and will need to re-download it

- try creating one folder for testing ie: @test_mods (with Addons subfolder) - put all the mod files and bisigns into the Addons subfolder - launch server and test (note: you don't need to do this on the client end - just the server)

- failing that post your server's RPT file in pastebin and link I'll take a look

Thanks for the reply,

I'm pretty sure the bikey is okay, as this is a consistent problem I've had with 3 different mods.

I've started simple, just to give an idea of what is happening.

I'm using the Boeing/SOAR MH-47E mod.

On the server I have the pbo and bisign installed, the key installed, the mod.cpp and modlogo installed. Launcher parameter set. Also running client side.

This MAY be an issue with MCC, but the chopper is there in game. I cannot access it through zeus, but I can see it in MCC, just can't place it.

The rpt file simply says the following when I try to place the MH-47E

2014/12/05, 11:33:35 "108.669 - spawning 3D Editor object [kyo_MH47E_base]"

2014/12/05, 11:33:35 Cannot create non-ai vehicle kyo_MH47E_base,

It pretty much does this with the 3 vehicle mods I've tried, one being a arma 2 US helos pack for arma 3, and the other was Up armored HMMWV humvee pack. I can get them in game, i can place them in the editor, and I can use these vehicles when running LAN but they will not work on the server for some reason.. If I put any of these into the editor and try to load that mission to the server it will not allow the mission to start saying "requires addon "anyModhere".. We use a lot of other mods so we are not new to this, any input would be appreciated.

I think there are two separate issues - MCC not recognizing the MH47 properly (could be a known issue check the MCC thread) and your server not loading the mod properly. If you create a simple test mission (run just the MH47 mod) with one player and an empty MH47, upload to server then try to run the mission - still get 'requires addon' error? Means the server is not loading the MH47 mod for whatever reason. Your server's RPT file will confirm this as it lists all the loaded mods on startup.

It seems to be a problem with any vehicle mod I put on the server. Today I tried the MRAP MaxxPro mod, and I've run into the same issue as I did with the helo pack, the chinook, and the Humvees. I install it on the server, along with the key, and Its there- I can see it through MCC, but the vehicle doesn't spawn. I've tried adding it to a Zeus Manage_Addons module but it still doesn't work. If I add the empty vehicle on the map and try loading that mission I get the missing addon detected error, and it will bring me back to the mission select screen. We go through quite a few mods and the vehicles are consistently giving me trouble. We're renting a NFO server, all other mods I install work fine.

My question is, what am I missing? Do I need some kind of serverinit.sqf file or something to preload the vehicles? It has basically limited us to only adding uniforms, guns and gameplay mechanic tweaks for the past 2 months.

Nah no serverinit file required.

From what you are describing it sounds like your client has the mod loaded but not the server (why you see it in MCC interface yet nothing spawns on dedi). Here's what I would do to test.

Confirm your client is running the MPAP mod - go into editor and try to place an MRAP.

Run your server with just the MRAP mod. Confirm 100% it's loading on the server by checking the server's RPT file.

Create a test mission one player unit and an empty MRAP (only have the MRAP mod running on your client - no others). Upload to server and try to run the mission. If you get missing addon error or you are kicked back to lobby that means your server for whatever reason is not loading the MRAP mod properly. You could try deleting and re-uploading the mod (annoying if you only have cpanel/tcadmin access).

Edited by SavageCDN

A few things:

- could be a bad .bikey file if you are using verifySignatures=2 in your server.cfg - try setting to 0 and test - if that works you have a bad .bikey file and will need to re-download it

Savage, When you say re-download, I simply download it from the site again and add it back up on the server? I have done it twice now with the same result.  Setting it to 0 in the cfg worked. I would like to verify of course too so, ideally I want to fix it.

Thanks,

dub

Yes I mean upload a fresh copy to the dedicated server.  What is the result you are getting (kicked from server)?  Make sure you have verifySignatures=2; in your server.cfg and perhaps try with a different addon to rule out a bad .bikey

Hey Savage! Thanks for the response. Looks like the 5th times a charm. All is well.

dub

Looks like the 5th times a charm. All is well.

lol welcome to Arma  :lol: