Sign in to follow this  
despi

Remote control stops working after a while

Any have idea what is causing this bug? After a while Zeus will only see through the remote controlled unit but not control him. Happened to pretty much in every mission I've run as a Zeus but never managed to figure it out what actually caused it and if I could get it working without restarting whole mission.

I'm having the same issue. Also, sometimes the unit won't zoom in/right click. Which makes controlling snipers and AT soldiers useless.

I'm having the same issue. Also, sometimes the unit won't zoom in/right click. Which makes controlling snipers and AT soldiers useless.

Last time I checked you can't aim down the sights with a remote controlled unit if you are playing from the Virtual Zeus slot.

Last time I checked you can't aim down the sights with a remote controlled unit if you are playing from the Virtual Zeus slot.

I've done it many times before.

Let's hope today's patch fixes it.

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

Let's hope today's patch fixes it.

Nope.

Also, I figured this description of "full control" and I quote:

Added: "Remote Control" module. When placed over an AI unit, it will give Zeus full control over it. Pressing the Zeus key ('Y' by default) will return you back to the Zeus interface again.
means full control. Not being able to use the scope, is not full control. Edited by Caeden

I've done it many times before.

Are you sure you were playing as the Virtual Zeus that is listed under Game Logics and not from a physical unit in the gameworld?

From what limited amount of testing I've done, it looks like playing from the Virtual Zeus slot will not allow you to use iron sights when remote controlling a unit. However, if you place a rifleman, for example, and define that slot as Zeus, then you can use iron sights, regardless of whether or not the Zeus interface is forced on.

For me also, impossible to look in the sight when using the MP mission, but it works with the module in the editor!

Are you using the Virtual Zeus game logic in the editor or placing a solider and defining it as Zeus? It's important to give as much information about this stuff as possible in order to find out what the problem is.

If it can be usefull for that bug fix : I had similar problem with iron sight.

Over 40+ units that i remotely controled throught 5 different games, i was able to iron sight only 1 time. My friend who was playing with me had no problems...

All of this was as a Zeus slot in MP mission "Altis GM +2". Never used the editor, just the Zeus interface.

Yesterday i tried again, i spawn a blufor unity, then took control : i was able to iron sight. Then the unit died, sending me back to zeus interface > new unit spawn > remote control > can't aim anymore. And for all the units during the game. But my friends had still no problem to aim while dying a lot as many units.

Are you sure you were playing as the Virtual Zeus that is listed under Game Logics and not from a physical unit in the gameworld?

From what limited amount of testing I've done, it looks like playing from the Virtual Zeus slot will not allow you to use iron sights when remote controlling a unit. However, if you place a rifleman, for example, and define that slot as Zeus, then you can use iron sights, regardless of whether or not the Zeus interface is forced on.

Are you using the Virtual Zeus game logic in the editor or placing a solider and defining it as Zeus? It's important to give as much information about this stuff as possible in order to find out what the problem is.

I am perfectly sure that I'm using the Virtual Zeus. Like I said, it works sometimes, but not others. It seems the only way to test it for sure, is to:

1. Host a game

2. See if it works

5. If it does - great, skip steps 4-6.

4. If it doesn't...

5. Reload the mission.

6. Try again.