Sign in to follow this  
darkphoenixx

Server Settings - Require some mods, allow all.

I am wondering how can i setup server to require some mods (ACE) but run other and not require them (ACRE). When i start server from game itself it works that way, yet when i launch dedicated tool it says to others that they need acre (wich i want to be optional).

First you'll need each mod's .bikey file in the servers \Keys folder

Then you'll need to enable sig checks - in your server.cfg - verifySignatures = 2;

This will allow players to join with optional mods as long as the key file is in \Keys

If you want to require certain mods you need to make sure the mission.sqm file has them as a requirement. For ACE, CBA this is easy - go into Modules in editor and place down Requires ACE and Requires CBA modules.

For other addons like weapons/vehicles just place on of them somewhere on the map (even at 0% probability) and this will add them as a requirement to play the mission.

If your mission is saying to others that it needs ACRE it means you have an ACRE object on the map somewhere (probably the All Radio Crate). To get around this you would need to remove all ACRE objects in the editor and then add radios via script or some other method. Although I'm not sure why you would want to have some players running ACRE and some not - this might cause unintended issues.