ohally

OHally's T-10 Parachutes

It definetly does unless it was another mod but I was able to get a T-10 parachute out of Virtual Ammobox

Are you using BDF (Brazilian Defence Forces mod)? It has the T-10 parachute bag...

scooterperpetual is right, there is a Backpack called T-10 in VAS

BUT

When ejecting and opening parachute, it's just a ordinary parachute, not the T-10.

I guess its just used for the backpackmodel, not initializing the real chute.

scooterperpetual is right, there is a Backpack called T-10 in VAS

BUT

When ejecting and opening parachute, it's just a ordinary parachute, not the T-10.

I guess its just used for the backpackmodel, not initializing the real chute.

I was mistaken when I said VAS. I got the actual T-10 that functions as a T-10 from using MCC and editing the cargo on a box. I could then go into the 'Rucks' section and add a T-10 to the box. It is fully functional.

I was mistaken when I said VAS. I got the actual T-10 that functions as a T-10 from using MCC and editing the cargo on a box. I could then go into the 'Rucks' section and add a T-10 to the box. It is fully functional.

When you say fully functional does that mean you keep your backpack and its load out? The original concept of this mod included a drop line for your backpack so when you hit the ground you have all your gear. Does it still function that way or is there a whole lot of scripting that is triggered by the "jump out" option that is missed here?

When you say fully functional does that mean you keep your backpack and its load out? The original concept of this mod included a drop line for your backpack so when you hit the ground you have all your gear. Does it still function that way or is there a whole lot of scripting that is triggered by the "jump out" option that is missed here?

I mean the parachute is fully functional, the gear does not come with you. I just use the Ventral Position Backpack mod for that though.

The parachute does spawn, and the player gets in to the animation, but no hanging backpack. And the landing, (as said earlier) is a bit rough! I get injured all the time, and we use CSE's CMS.

I mean the parachute is fully functional, the gear does not come with you. I just use the Ventral Position Backpack mod for that though.

The Ventral Position Backpack mod is an alternative I guess. How well does it work with AI units?

when using the ventral backpack mod and using the T-10 as a backack we still get the skydiving animation when we eject

is there anyway we can still use it as a static line?

Whats the outlook on getting a functional round static line chute ? If I had any kind of skill with mods Id try. Seems a shame its kind of there but we cant reap the benefit of Ohallys efforts.

We now using the Parachute from the Brazil Pack. But he even has no static Line so please fix it! :D

Is there any detailed explantion as to why the mod does not work

And is there any known solution and is Ohally working on the fix?

Thanks

-Timmyrules

3rd Parachute Battalion

Is there any detailed explantion as to why the mod does not work

And is there any known solution and is Ohally working on the fix?

Thanks

-Timmyrules

3rd Parachute Battalion

My guess, from what I gather, is that the parachute mod is tied to a specific C130 mod that is no longer available anywhere. Someone has to make it compatible with other C130's. I assume its tied to the scripting in the parachute mod possibly naming the specific C130 mod by name.

just guessing based on some of the responses here.

My guess, from what I gather, is that the parachute mod is tied to a specific C130 mod that is no longer available anywhere. Someone has to make it compatible with other C130's. I assume its tied to the scripting in the parachute mod possibly naming the specific C130 mod by name.

just guessing based on some of the responses here.

That's correct. It's based off a script that names the vehicleclass. If you're familiar with scripts at all, you can crack the pbo and change the classname

Has permission been given to do this? If so, I'd be more than happy to have our groups resident scripted look at it.

Has permission been given to do this? If so, I'd be more than happy to have our groups resident scripted look at it.

You can edit it for personal use but it may not be released. We are working on updating it to work for more aircraft, and changing the way the script behaves.

I'm more than happy to wait...our group HALOs :)

Just wanted to help out :)

There is a new working version ready to be released. First version will only be compatible with the CAF C130 and the USAF mod C130. Instructions on how to make other mod pack c130s compatable will be included in the release as well as a generic standalone version of the caf c130J so you can mount up right away and get jumping.

A demo video from 1CPB on how to use in mission creation and in play will also be posted with release.

Parachute units who are wanting to get on the dev branch should have a rep contact myself via STEAM as the mod will continue to build to include aircraft other than c130s as well as static square canopy jumping from helicopters.

Cheers.

As I never found out how to get the last version working.. F5 F5 F5 :D

Glad to see this being worked on again! It's one of my favorite projects in the works for A3, the previous version was great! :)