ohally

OHally's T-10 Parachutes

Are you planning to make it possible for players to cut their chutes? One of my biggest complaints with vanilla parachutes is that you always have to wait until you land before moving around.

This is probable. I could even put in a deploy reserve action in place once the chute has been cut. Not sure if its a major thing or not considering we are designing the chute to drop from between 100 - 300m

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

This would also be good for getting stuck in trees etc

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Probably for the best honestly.

If you need any help with anything let me know, I was in an Airborne unit for 6 1/2 years. I'll help anyway I can.

I will let you know. I've only been mech and light infantry so far. So airborne stuff is being developed along side constant questioning of my jumper friends.

Here's some MP testing of the Jump Out function:

Looking good!

excellent work was missing for ARMA3, and on creating a backpack item q think you can use this mod FSF SacVentral in Armaholic....

with it you can enter in your backpack aircraft and parachute without script!

excellent work was missing for ARMA3, and on creating a backpack item q think you can use this mod FSF SacVentral in Armaholic....

with it you can enter in your backpack aircraft and parachute without script!

defeats the purpose, again this is a static line chute, designed to be pulled by a tether to the aircraft when jumping, the only way to do this is by a script. It also removes the requirement to have a parachute backpack on when jumping allowing you to carry your usual load out. so FSF is also not required.

Ohally how do you keep doing all those great addons? Amazing. My favorite modder of the year for sure.

defeats the purpose, again this is a static line chute, designed to be pulled by a tether to the aircraft when jumping, the only way to do this is by a script. It also removes the requirement to have a parachute backpack on when jumping allowing you to carry your usual load out. so FSF is also not required.

I understood is that I thought you'd create a new parachute backpack similar to ArmA2 ACE mod ...

where you can skydive with the T10 or MC-5 Without the use of script ...

I talked about the FSF mod because you can jump with backpack and parachute.

that's how I use to do jumps can charge the device without the use of script.

thanks for replying and continue with your excellent work.

Edited by JohnHansen

Status update:

Test showed jumping more than 15 players on dedicated servers was causing aircraft to explode. This problem has been tentatively solved. We are conducting another test this week, if all goes well the first release should be publicly available next week.

I've temporarily removed the open animation as it was just terrible. Until we make a new one it will stay as such.

Test showed jumping more than 15 players on dedicated servers was causing aircraft to explode.

Hilarious, good thing everyone was wearing a parachute at the time. I'd check the riggers for a Taliban infiltrator.

Really looking forward to this! This probably should've already been in the game though ;)

Hello there, very cool mod, looking forward to the finished product. Any consideration to updating the parachutes to the newer T-11 parachutes that are replacing/have replaced the T-10D?

T-11-parachute.jpg

Hello there, very cool mod, looking forward to the finished product. Any consideration to updating the parachutes to the newer T-11 parachutes that are replacing/have replaced the T-10D?

http://thisainthell.us/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/T-11-parachute.jpg

Canada is still using the T-10 and the creator and his group are Canadian... see the connection here?

Also you could always have it represent the MC-6: http://jbsanctuary.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/mc6.jpg

Canada is actually also using the T-11.

see the connection here?

Huh, Didn't know, thanks for the link.

This mod is looking amazing - A possible improvement is to do a port of the Herc as well, and then when players jump out of the Herc, they get equip with this parachute so you don't require one to be able to actually use it (but only if jumping out of the Herc)? Just a suggestion, I know the C-17 mod has a similar system as well as a few of the scripts from the A2 days, and they were pretty useful!

Regardless, I'm loving the look of this mod dude, keep up the good work! :)

Ok so we are at stable state with the parachute function at the moment. Currently I have only configured it to some of the CAF aircraft and theEbu's C-130J port.

If there are any units out there who currently use the C-130J or CAF aircraft (CH-147F specifically) who'd like to test this please let me know via pm. I'd prefer units who can test with more than 10 people at a time.

1CPB performed a 27 chute jump from a C130 without issues last Sunday, once someone posts video I will put it here.

Cheers.

Just a quick update for those following the thread,

The Alpha has been sent out to test groups and so far I've had good returns, there a couple bugs I'd like to work out before I release the chutes in Beta form.

I anticipate a Beta release over the next couple of weeks focusing on the Jump Out function, I am just waiting for returns from the remaining test groups, in the mean time I am working on compatibility with vanilla aircraft and the C17.

Test groups, feel free to post your findings on the thread, include videos and screens if you have them (especially if you find a bug)

Cheers for now

Hi O'Hally

Awesome work on the Static Jump routine, look forward to the impending release, can you elaborate on the Jump Out function and what your aims are regarding this, also wanted to know if you how far you have got to getting the opening animation to work, (just out of pure interest would this allow the chute to still be opening when the next man jumps)

16AA conducting parachute jumps into AO with one infantry company + support company. (Approximately 70 guys on the server of which about 55 were jumping). Heavy weapons and ammunition dropped later.

We did 4 jumps and didn't encounter any issues with the parachutes. although a couple of C130J's went boom trying to drive vehicles into the back ;)

Think both exploded because we had to get very close to load in crates and must've clipped them in the process. Could probably have avoided that by simply setting them to 'allowdamage false'.

Edited by Bravo93

Glad to see testing is going relatively well all around. Jump safe gents.

Any further with this chap ? Itching to get a stick out in good order.