ohally

OHally's T-10 Parachutes

T-10 Static Line Parachute

th_t-10logo_zpsb9e167c0.png

th_arma32014-03-0321-58-35-48_zps2ad29a36.jpg th_arma32014-03-0323-03-44-31_zps7bb65006.jpg th_arma32014-03-0323-04-17-72_zpsac96d789.jpg th_arma32014-03-0514-10-33-91_zps7fbee285.jpg

CONCEPT

The idea here is to fill a void my unit (1CPB) was missing, that is the ability to perform mass parachute insertions using a static line chute. This feature was done very well in ACE and we hope to bring similar features to A3 in this stand alone addon.

FEATURES

Completed

In Progress

Planned

-5th Point of Flight Procedure crew animation 100% THANK YOU theebu!

-Sounds (deploy, fall, crash, land) 100%

-Proper Deploy (unfolding) animation 10%

-Slip Control 80% (with the real T-10 the paratrooper can adjust his fall by slipping the parachute, it is not a lot of control but can be the difference between landing in trees and landing on a soft field)

-Crew Mass dicates fall speed 0% (The more gear you have the faster you fall)

-Jump Out 100% (Inspired by ACE, the goal here is to have the ability to Jump Out (left or right) created for specific aircraft when using the T-10)

-Cleaner Landing 0% (currently at the Arma2 state, it can be a bit glitchy. We'd like to go as far as having the occupant roll, and possibly dragged a bit in high winds)

-T-10 Harness 0% ( this is outside of my ability, but modeling either a vest of backpack item for the T10)

-Hanging Ruck 100% (When using "Jump Out" function with a ruck on, your existing backpack and all contents will hang 5m below you)

-Kestrel Meter 50% ( With the affects of wind, a DZ controller should be used for large drops, the Kestrel will give Wind Speed and Direction so the pilot can offset his approach to avoid the jumpers from landing in trees and the like.)

CREDITS

theebu - .RTM animation work

Ross514 - Config work for slip control

OHally - Model Port / Tweaks, Texture / Rvmat work, Sound port

1st Canadian Parachute Battalion - Testers, Feed back, nagging me to do this.......

BIS - Licensed Data Package

ACwAAAAAAQABAAACADs%3D#pwsc-{SnNsWUJlYzJFSjdUSVk4TG93QTRvUHhCY0U5REh6Nlkza21xMSt4MWNDblhNbXliODF4bCtEaHFaSG9lWTJHVUowN0pjNHBCLzFiME9GYk9kMHZienRHanR4Tm0weUUwcjZ2anUwZTVCcDNiRjg1dnFJRXU1anlWc0pFWDBLc04=}

Edited by Ohally

Thank you for stepping up and doing this....looks good!

great job man! great use for large scale parachuting due to not being able to afford steerable chutes for all soldiers

More time, more progress

First in game testing:

---------- Post added at 06:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

My severe lack of knowledge in .rtm files may prevent a proper opening animation being made, so what you see in the video will likely be the end state of this chute with regards to animations. Help is wanted if someone knows how to make a better opening animation.

Great job man! I love the collapse animation!! Any plans to do that with the Ram air chutes

Added textures, sounds, shadows, and some more tweaks to the config so far. theebu has begun work on a custom crew animation and we are attempting to fix the parachute deployment animation as well. If there are any scripters out there who could assist in making an eject function that works with these chutes please contact me.

arma32014-03-0315-47-23-60_zpsd8614749.jpg

arma32014-03-0319-51-27-20_zpsf3490b74.jpg

Looks great! Cam't wait to give it a go.

The default eject should work? Are you inheriting from class ParachuteBase ?

last i checked default eject didnt give you a parachute, it kicked you into the halo fall???

last i checked default eject didnt give you a parachute, it kicked you into the halo fall???

Ah okay I didn't realize you wanted it to autograb a chute... I thought it might grab one from the vehicles cargo but maybe that was ACE only as I havent tried it yet in A3

no in A3 you just fall, if you have a halo chute on your good but other wise unlike A2, there is no "default parachute" when ejecting (that's vanilla A2)

The goal here is to have the chute pull when you eject, hence "static line" whether its a backpack you have to be wearing or just a "auto grab" style feature, it needs to be scripted into the game.

oh boy you guys still jump t-10's? this is looking cool though. hope you add in the m1950 weapons case along with the rucksack dangling between the players legs. if you can make a mod that will drop a 50 pound ruck on the players lap in real life... and then let him sit there for a bit with the pack crushing his legs lmao. good stuff man, keep it up

theebu has completed the new cargo animation, based on the 5th point of flight procedure:

arma32014-03-0321-58-35-48_zps2ad29a36.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

oh boy you guys still jump t-10's? this is looking cool though. hope you add in the m1950 weapons case along with the rucksack dangling between the players legs. if you can make a mod that will drop a 50 pound ruck on the players lap in real life... and then let him sit there for a bit with the pack crushing his legs lmao. good stuff man, keep it up

Fuck yeah man, don't fix what ain't broke, even if it breaks all your troops, it's the Canadian army way ;)

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

This has begun "sudo" testing in the 1CPB, in hopes someone can come up with a decent way to employ the chute in it's designed static role. If there are any airborne units out there that have scripters and would like to help text / develop this please contact myself directly via PM.

whoop :yay: this is well needed. looks great. I know it will most likely be used by the 173rd when you get it done.

new video on the first post, as well as a planned features list

T-10 Harness ( this is outside of my ability, but modeling either a vest of backpack item for the T10, this would also require some way to store the existing backpack on the legs)

There is an addon that lets you do this, if you didn't know already.

Feet and Knees together Airborne!

Lower Jumper has the right away, Slip right to avoid collisions.

Balls of the Feet, Calf, Buttocks, Pushup muscle (More like ass, feet, head).

arma32014-03-0514-10-33-91_zps7fbee285.jpg

First post updated with status of features.

Above is a screen of the "Hanging Ruck" when using the in progress "Jump Out" function

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh309/rossco145/Arma3/OHallys%20T-10/arma32014-03-0514-10-33-91_zps7fbee285.jpg

First post updated with status of features.

Above is a screen of the "Hanging Ruck" when using the in progress "Jump Out" function

Nice. You going to model in an Lowering Line? Also, will the Ruck be hanging once the chute deploys or will you have a mouse wheel option or other option to release your ruck?

Nice. You going to model in an Lowering Line? Also, will the Ruck be hanging once the chute deploys or will you have a mouse wheel option or other option to release your ruck?

for the sake of the "KISS" principle it will automatically be hanging below you. and yes I am modelling a lowering line between the ruck and the jumper

Are you planning to make it possible for players to cut their chutes? One of my biggest complaints with vanilla parachutes is that you always have to wait until you land before moving around.

for the sake of the "KISS" principle it will automatically be hanging below you. and yes I am modelling a lowering line between the ruck and the jumper

Probably for the best honestly.

If you need any help with anything let me know, I was in an Airborne unit for 6 1/2 years. I'll help anyway I can.