.kju

All in Arma Standalone (AiA SA) - A1/A2/OA content in A3

;2809435']@ Everyone

How much are you guys using other assets from A2/OA together with AiA - like community made vehicle or weapon mods?

The initial idea was to open up A3 to all content from A2/OA. However with BI not improving backwards compatibility' date='

I am not sure if its worth to stick to that goal.

On a technical level this is mainly about the class structure/hierarchy - if I could change that in AiA without any consideration

to other mods from A2/OA, it would make it way easier and less effort to integrate A3 ports made other people or to do

replacement in AiA HQ.[/quote']

Maps are the main thing in my opinion.

Weapons, vehicles and units are best when made new from the ground up for A3...

Let me bump the question:

@ Everyone

How much are you guys using other assets from A2/OA together with AiA - like community made vehicle or weapon mods?

The initial idea was to open up A3 to all content from A2/OA. However with BI not improving backwards compatibility,

On a technical level this is mainly about the class structure/hierarchy - if I could change that in AiA without any consideration

to other mods from A2/OA, it would make it way easier and less effort to integrate A3 ports made other people or to do

replacement in AiA HQ.

---

@ AM1212PDMCDMPPM

Are you and your team only interested in A3 era? Or just new mods?

Or only when the A2/OA assets are functional with the new A3 features?

@ AMArtisanal

Also for you - what is the reason for terrains only?

TKOH import is not coming soon as it requires a complex mod line order again,

as well as quite some effort and finally BI still hasnt ported much of the TKOH tech to A3.

@ Solentis

What do you mean with "work properly"?

@ PMDreadPirate

What do you mean with "made new from the ground up"?

@ Solentis

Thank you. Have to check with Sickboy about the internal working of PWS in regards

to the load order of mods.

However you are currently loading on the client both AiA SA and the LITE version:

-mod=...;F:\MOD ARMA3\@AllInArmaStandalone;F:\MOD ARMA3\@AllInArmaStandaloneLite

This doesnt make any sense. Drop the LITE version.

I mean, for the momenbt I don't understand how to use the mod to use vehicles and infantry from A2 with hi res tex on a dedicated server.

On the client, I just loaded AIA SA+AIA HQ. Not lite. It's not on my collection. Maybe PW6 loaded it by itself.

I have created the test mission with AIA lite.

Then, I launched lite on the server

Finnaly, I runned SA + HQ on client an joined.

I am not sure that's what you told me to do...

;2808440']@ Kingbengan

For the best experience you download AiA SA + AiA HQ.

AiA TP is part of AiA SA.

Does that clear it up?

Ok. Cheers. Do I put any of it on the server as well? (Hired server)

;2809435']@ Everyone

The initial idea was to open up A3 to all content from A2/OA. However with BI not improving backwards compatibility' date='

replacement in AiA HQ.[/quote']

Mate, just congrats and thankyou for the awesome work in this,

It forms part of the mudpack that I play the most,

I'm just patiently awaiting the day I can run through the ArmA2 /OA campaign in order without blackscreen or having to endmission etc.

that would be awesome ... pure awesome

@ Solentis

Post a screenshot of your collection.

If you join the server via PWS, make sure you have "sync mods with server" disabled.

@ Kingbengan

Server = AiA SA LITE or AiA TP LITE - if you use only the terrains.

@ -Renegade-

You are welcome.

Unfortunately the campaigns are not something I am planning to work on as explained

a few times earlier. Maybe someone else will take the challenge though?

;2810305']

@ Kingbengan

Server = AiA SA LITE or AiA TP LITE - if you use only the terrains.

Thanks for the swift reply!

Personally, I find using A2 assets not upgraded to use A3 features properly rather useless.

Backward compatibility is cool, but only if stuff can actually be fully backward compatible, and not just have 1/2 the features working correctly.

As I've mentioned in previous posts, in conjunction with AIA and AIA HQ I've been playing A2/AO user made campaigns with varying degrees of success. I've steered clear of any campaigns that require addons (other than certain maps) as I've figured that they would be unlikely to work. Now I'm curious to find out if any of those required addons (not including infantry) may work well enough to make the campaigns playable.

;2810186']

@ 1212PDMCDMPPM

Are you and your team only interested in A3 era? Or just new mods?

Or only when the A2/OA assets are functional with the new A3 features?

We are using all kinds of A2/OA maps and are starting to use BiS A2/OA assets - vehicles and static mainly ( from AiA SA, thanks again for it !!).

We find that's enough, mixed with A3 mods. We have no interest in using community vehicle, unit and weapon addons coming from A2.

Not sure I'm that clear...

@ galzohar

if stuff can actually be fully backward compatible, and not just have 1/2 the features working correctly

sorry i dont get what you mean by that - can be specific please

@ Scimitar

Weapons and vehicles should work basically. Some will have sounds problems though.

@ 1212PDMCDMPPM

Thanks for sharing these insights!

For example vehicle can be used and "works" but no engine sound or bad physics. Or weapons that don't work with Arma 3 attachment system.

So while it may look cool and seem to "add" to the game at first, in the end you don't really want to use such things. It's nice that you're trying to get the things working, but if lack of BIS support makes it impossible to support properly then maybe it's better to focus the efforts elsewhere on things that can actually work using all Arma 3 features.

Again, that's just my opinion.

@ galzohar

No engine sound for cars and tanks is something BI broke, and only they can fix.

Yet its a backwards compatibility issues agreed.

It is down to one's personal stance if these assets are still meaningful to use.

The Arma 3 attachment system, as you said by A3, is definitely no backwards

compatibility topic. Also everyone have been playing OFP+A1+A2 without it after all,

so shouldn't be that hard to make that compromise.

Planes and helicopters work just fine as far as I can tell.

Does it work with Zeus? Can you spawn in vehicles from AiA? like a Humvee from Zeus?

Some, yes. But others are not appearing in Zeus. I also noticed a lot of vehicles have 50 (kph or mph, can't remember) as top speed. A bit weird.

I redownloaded AIASA + patch and it is working with the latest dev builds.

However, got a few questions.

1) I am trying to run an A2 mission - depbo because I edited it, and while it shows up under the menu, when I click on it, nothing happens.

I tried to load an pbo mission and it would load. I am not sure if this is just A3 or AIASA

Edit - IF I repack the mission into a PBO, it works. Probably a feature or bug from the latest dev build.

2) With AIASA, I tried to deactive the A3 models, and load the A2 models (using addon units also) to play an A2 scenario. The models load up but in T pose and sunken half way to the ground.

With the old AIA + A2:CO, it worked. Any ideas until more units get ported over to A3?

Edit - Fixed. I was loading the AiA HQ pack while using A2 models. Solved by not loading AiA HQ pack.

Edited by Valken

I am getting this message since update 1.34

Addon 'AiA_Core' requires addon 'A3_Weapons_F_EPA_EBR'

I have updated the AiA SA package with your last patch fix 2014_10_18 but the message remains...

kju, can you explain me the difference between AiA SA and CUP ? Both projets are porting OFP, A1 and A2 content to A3, right ?

Sorry, I'm a bit lost :)

kju, can you explain me the difference between AiA SA and CUP ? Both projets are porting OFP, A1 and A2 content to A3, right ?

Sorry, I'm a bit lost :)

I think that CUP will bring only A2, OA and it's DLC's assets.

I was just curious if anyone happened to have a faster mirror, or it stored on google drive or something that they wouldn't mind pm'ing me a link to.

The links on the instruction page.... the mega link just kept giving me browser errors in chrome, firefox, and opera. The torrent link didn't work (no seeds, and 0 kb download speed), and the multi http mirror did work, it was just soooo slowww... It took me literally half a day, and I was within a hundred megs of finally being done when my internet decided to go down...

I do have the 2 additional files that are listed on the installation instruction page for the standalone. I just need the big daddy 13 gig file. Normally, I would just use play withsix.

----

EDIT: Nevermind. I've decided to get the Terrain pack from play withSix for now. That + RHS + upcoming CUP releases will be good for me as far as previous Arma content.

kju. I want to thank you for your hard work, and will plan to make a donation to you before the end of the year. People like you are half the reason BIS is thriving right now, and I wish they would place a higher priority on supporting your endeavors... both functionally, and financially. Thanks again. Hard work from you and select others is the only reason I even still play this game in the first place. Bohemia should thank you for that, b/c I am sure I'm not alone.

Edited by Mobile_Medic

If I am getting this correct, there will be no further support for the AiA SA?

The CUP will replace AiA SA and AiA HQ? Right?

.kju,

Drongo released an updated Middle East Conflict mod that actually replaces the Syrian Arab Army and Hezbollah unit pack.

Would you use that to update the AiA HQ Units pack?

Also, are there plans to incorporate CUP so we can trim down the AiA SA pack?