.kju

All in Arma Standalone (AiA SA) - A1/A2/OA content in A3

@ Corporal_Lib[bR]

Nice to hear :)

Would be useful to make a list somewhere (in the AiA wiki for example),

which campaigns/missions work and to what degree.

What do you (guys) think`?

@ shaggyini@gmail.com

Thanks for the notice! It was not included in the patch by mistake.

Here is the file: http://www.file-upload.net/download-9047427/zargabad_c.pbo.AllInArma_2014_06_01_v26.bisign.html

Good idea .kju! In the next few days I´ll play again some of the campaigns and MP and SP mission and I´ll post my findings here and you can transfer to the Wiki =)

@ Corporal_Lib[bR]

Thank you!

---

Made hide old content mods available as separate download in the AiA files section.

Let me know if there are issues or you need further mods to hide content.

With AIA at the point it's at now (excellent that is!) and with the AIA HQ replacements pack I've decided to start downloading some A2 campaigns and playing them. After seeing Dogs of War mentioned here as a working campaign I decided to give it a try first. I've been encountering some strange behavior though. Sometimes the AI just seems to quit working. This usually happens when I order troops out of a vehicle. They will stand around and act like they're injured. They just stand or kneel and sway forward and backwards and won't move or follow most commands. Sometimes I can bump them with a vehicle and then they will get inside if I order them to but when I order them back out they go back to the same behavior. When this behavior starts to happen the enemy AI quits responding to me as well. They will move around and shout commands but they won't fire at me.

Another thing I've noticed is that while some mission tasks will complete I've yet to get a final task to complete and then have the mission end. I've played through five or six missions so far and I've had to use the end mission command every time. I also noticed something different tonight. I saw some civilians running around without heads. Some of them were also tinted blue like they're frozen or dead.

I'm using A3 stable and the latest AIA SA along with the latest version of AIA HQ and all the mods it supports. I also use quite a few other mods but they haven't caused any problems in the past. I'll list the other mods I use below in the hopes that someone can spot any possible conflicts. I'm fairly new to AiA but I've been reading as much information about it as I can find. I just wanted to share my experiences with this particular campaign.

I launch A3 and all mods with FSF Launcher A3. The other mods I have active along with AiA and AiA HQ (and it's associated mods) are:

CBA_A3

A3_FreeAim_Fix

ASR_AI3

Blood_Mist

dfs_visiblecrosshairs

DM-Lights

Improved_Ragdoll_Physics

LHM

LHM_StaticDrag

lsd_NVG

outlw_magRepack

outlw_moduload

sakumods

spliffz_vehicleActions

tmr-cso

TPW_MODS

VTS_DuckHunt

WW_AICOVER

WW_AIMenu

@ Scimitar

Please upload the set of Arma3.rpt files of yours.

@ Scimitar

First off you should review your startup parameters:

-winxp

-cpuCount=2

-maxVRAM=2047

-exThreads=1

Next these mods cause loads of scripting errors

@spliffz_vehicleActions

@TPW_MODS

@WW_AICOVER

@WW_AIMenu

One of them needs dev branch - no idea why the others have those errors.

@AIASA_Replacements\@JSRS 1.5

Causes also script errors. Maybe it is not fully compatible to A3 and the scripted stuff needs to be disabled.

Finally your modlauncher can't handle the number of mods.

Either use Play withSIX or reduce the number of mods or just junctions/mlinks to reduce the path length to those mods.

Kju, thanks for taking a look at the rpt files. The startup parameters are like that intentionally because for the time being I'm playing on a fairly low end system. I'll try disabling the mods that may be causing errors. I'll also take a look at some other mod launchers or maybe disabling some more mods. I don't particularly like PWS so I'm not really interested in using that. Earlier this evening I had already changed the paths to all of the Replacement mods to shorten the path lengths. That may have helped because I played earlier tonight and did manage to get a mission to end properly. I'm still getting the strange AI behavior when exiting vehicles but hopefully disabling some of the possible troublesome mods will fix that. I can't say for certain about the headless civs yet because there were no civilians in the mission I played. TPW has a module that spawns civs so it's possible that there could be a conflict there. I'll try disabling that and maybe a few other of the TPW modules before disabling TPW completely.

I have noticed that on some A2-missions GPS is not working and you have no maps with AIA-Standalone. With normal AIA and installed A2 it works.

For example mission "Lone Wolf", "Shadow Killer" and other imported A2 missions.

Editor works well.

Tested Vanilla and with Addons.

Anybody else?

Otherwise ...great Addon !

ps:i am on dev-build

Edited by Reserve

Hey Kju,

Finally got around to testing your standalone, good job by the way but have a few questions.

When I "copy and paste" the addons file patches 2/3 I end up having multiple version of the BISIGN Files for example:

sounds_c.pbo.AllInArma_2014_03_02_v23 "removed"

sounds_c.pbo.AllInArma_2014_03_02_v25 "removed"

sounds_c.pbo.AllInArma_2014_03_02_v26 "Kept"

I do believe I should be deleting V23, v25 from folder, this is correct yes? and just leaving v26?

I am also getting an error message

bin\conifg.bin/Cfg.Vehicles/LIB_Plane_Ger.scope

bin\config.bin/Cfg.Weapon/Thow.lib_rpgMuzzel

is there something I am missing here?

My download:

AIA SA 18gigs

patch 2

patch 3

My startup

@AllinArmaStandalone;@CBA_A3;@IFA3;

Edited by deVilspaWn

@ Scimitar

How did your tests go? Also you should still try to remove these startup parameters one by one

and test your performance with a suitable mission.

@ Reserve

Please make a specific bug report in the issue tracker. Also attach the arma3.rpt please.

My guess is that its either a scripting/engine change issue or limit of carrying capacity.

@ deVilspaWn

In general the sign files only matter for MP and only if the server admin restricts the addon/mods use.

Each release gets new sign files so that the admin can force people to use the latest version.

I think it doesn't matter if you still have the older sign files, as long as you have the latest/the ones allowed

by the server admin via the specific keys being present on the server.

For Iron Front in A3 you still need to load the actual data for it too. Example:

-mod=G:\Games\Arrowhead\@LIB_DLC_1;G:\Games\Arrowhead\@IF_Other_Addons;G:\Games\Arrowhead\@IF;@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaStandalone;G:\Games\Arrowhead\@IFA3M;@IFA3

;2711589']@ Scimitar

How did your tests go? Also you should still try to remove these startup parameters one by one

and test your performance with a suitable mission.

So far the tests haven't been completely satisfactory but they are encouraging. I've been restarting the Black Forest mission from the Dogs of War campaign to test things out. After removing the troublesome mods I did get better performance and all of the rest of my mods are loading properly. There are still some recurring problems though. Sometimes my guys get stuck in the prone position after they've been wounded and healed. I was getting that behavior previously but forgot to mention it. Another glitch I've been getting is that sometimes my player character will occasionally die for no apparent reason. This happens to other characters on a much rarer occasion. I also tried disabling all mods except the AIA and HQ mods but got the same behavior so fixing things is a work in progress for now.

I've had PWS installed for a long time but I rarely use it. I know that most people consider the sync system a great feature because it makes updating much quicker since it only downloads needed files. HD space is always an issue for me and the sync folders take up a huge amount of space so I've rarely used PWS for that reason. I did decide to go ahead and use PWS to verify my AIA Replacements install and it turns out that I was missing a required mod. As far as AiA and AiA HQ is concerned, everything is in order now but I haven't had a chance to test things again. Hopefully later tonight I'll get that chance. If everything isn't working now with all other mods disabled then I'm going to hope it's just issues with the Dogs of War campaign and move on to trying another campaign and hope things work better.

@ Scimitar

Thanks for the update!

The next PwS update will allow you to set the number of versions it saves.

In other words you can set it to zero and have no "duplicated" data.

The last arma update made it better for most weapons recoil .

But some still have 0 recoil in full auto mode .

Just a small update. For now I've abandoned the Dogs of War campaign in case it is the cause of some of the errors I've been experiencing. I haven't played in a few weeks but tonight I started the Operation Cobalt campaign and played through about four missions. So far it seems to be working flawlessly. I don't know if it was the previous campaign causing the issues but so far I haven't encountered any of the problems I was experiencing previously. I did pare a few more mods but I also decided to try a few new ones but things have been trouble free so far. The only odd things I'm experiencing now are things that AFAIK haven't been addressed yet with the HQ Replacements pack like region appropriate civilians and some racial inconsistencies in some of the units like the CDF which for realisms sake should almost completely consist of white soldiers. Those aren't that big of a deal though but I do hope the next HQ update addresses civilians.

@ Modder

No update incoming unfortunately no - more details below.

---

New mod available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@allinarmastandalonelite.png

This is just the currently latest version of AiA SA, in the lite version (4.2 GB instead of 18.2 GB), available on withSIX.

It contains all A1+A2+OA+DLCs content. To big reduction in file size is achieved by reducing the textures to 128x128,

and downsampling the sound and voice files (like in the DLC lite versions for OA).

You are recommended to combine it with AiA HQ for high quality textures for infantry and weapons, and sounds from JSRS.

The latest PwS build in the beta channel (how to switch) allows you to access A2/OA content for A3,

when you add AiA SA lite to your collection.

It can be also used for Iron Front in Arma 3.

It is the same as the test version from 6th June (link to HTTP download).

I made it available now as there has been no feedback nor complaints so far, and Sickboy added support for it in PwS.

By making it available in PwS, it becomes available easily to a larger audience.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

hey .kju,

speaking of updates, is it possible to make a2 walls react somewhat realistically in collision with vehicles? Right now walls just flip in a ridiculous way. Also, I believe it's impossible to shoot through windows of A2 buildings: any chance you can work your magic on this via scripting?

Awesome news! Not an update but a Play WithSix mirror is a much appreciated addition. :)

@ GvsE

Reyhard shared the way how to make walls work in A3. However it requires model changes, and thus is something for the CUP project.

Windows and buildings are also elements to be improved by the CUP.

Strange issue I'm having.

I reinstalled my windows so it means I completely reinstalled Arma with all the mods. The issue is when I load up AiASA I get the following error in the main menu and none of the islands are in the editor list.

NoEntry "bin\config.bin\NonAIVehicles\StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange.simulation".

Is anyone seeding this or is it a death download.......trying 3-4 times with no luck?

@ Denco

As always I need the arma3.rpt log file of that session. :)

@ TeilX

All torrents still have several seeders. What torrent app do you use?

Also you can get everything from mirrors too.