.kju

All in Arma Standalone (AiA SA) - A1/A2/OA content in A3

Guys can you test with the most recent dev branch infantry weapon recoil again please?

BI fixed the config problem finally, so it should work fine now all the time.

;2704476']Guys can you test with the most recent dev branch infantry weapon recoil again please?

BI fixed the config problem finally' date=' so it should work fine now all the time.[/quote']

I use stable branch with AiA SA and A2 weapons have proper A3 recoil. Just that there arent any muzzle flash.

Not sure if what Ive observed makes sense but anyways: with the latest dev branch and AiA SA recoil is present on default BIS A3 weapons but it's not applied to every shot if you fire quickly or in auto mode. Then it seems to affect every other shot. If you switch to single mode and fire slowly then the muzzle climbs on each shot. Hope this makes sense to you kju.

hey guys,

would appreciate you testing AiA SA lite and report back issues.

Download size is 2.3 GB and 4.1 GB unpacked. This contains all A1+A2+OA+DLCs content.

Download:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B78l1r8Ot0x9TXkyR205RWZLNmc/edit?pli=1

Big pbos I am considering to drop:

---

* dubbing.pbo 890 MB - would had to make it use A3 voices instead (aka no RU and CZ)

* sounds.pbo 400 MB (one had to use JSRS instead though)

* video_pmc.pbo 360 MB - "obsolete" (already dropped)

* voice.pbo 230 MB - probably obsolete A1 stuff

* sounds_e.pbo 128 MB (one had to use JSRS instead though)

* cutSceneAnims.pbo 160 MB - probably obsolete A1/a2 stuff

Pbos I kept the high quality one:

---

* AiA_CA_Data.pbo

* AiA_Worlds.pbo

* chernarus_Data.pbo

* takistan_data.pbo

* takistan_data_layers.pbo

* ui.pbo

Pbos I consider keeping the high quality one - would mean another 500 MB to 2 GB though (and additional work to split of the SAT layer textures first):

---

* afghan.pbo

* bohemia.pbo

* desert.pbo

* desert_e.pbo

* Desert2.pbo

* sara.pbo

* Sara_DBE1.pbo

* saralite.pbo

* utes.pbo

* zargabad.pbo

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

So is it maps only with aia sa lite? If so do you reckon vehicles could be added too?

I have a problem with some of the weapons. I have All in Arma Stand alone and the high quality pack. When I use units such as the PMC or The German units. Their guns make no noise. Some guns I tried were the Xm8, The G36, and the PKM. Did I install something incorrectly?

@ Modder

Clarified the above post - its all content from A1+A2+OA+DLCs - just 128x128 textures and low quality sounds.

Like for Iron Front LITE, I just consider to use the high quality textures for close terrain as it improves the feel a lot.

Muzzle flash requires edited models - still waiting for CUP releases there.

@ GvsE

Well that's hard to say - as BI seems to change recoil currently in the dev branch.

So mainly I am interesting in recoil from AiA weapons/content.

@ Kothen

Please upload your rpt log file.

Do you use only A2/OA units or also the 3rd party units (not the model replacements)?

Do you any additional mods loaded along?

Hey .kju, is there any hope of being able to play scenarios and campaigns from Arma2 again someday? As you´ve said the last BIS patch FUBARed both campaigns and missions, only MP missions work so far... =(

(That´s a major bummer as user made campaigns like Hammer of Thor, War Dogs and Chasing Grim Reaper were playing fine and beautifully with HQ pack )

It is incredible that everytime you manage to set up AiA on a fine tune, BIS screw everything with a single patch... or some of their deves are looking up these last issues?

cheers!

;2705378']@ Modder

Clarified the above post - its all content from A1+A2+OA+DLCs - just 128x128 textures and low quality sounds.

Like for Iron Front LITE' date=' I just consider to use the high quality textures for close terrain as it improves the feel a lot.

Muzzle flash requires edited models - still waiting for CUP releases there.

@ [b']GvsE [/b]

Well that's hard to say - as BI seems to change recoil currently in the dev branch.

@ Kothen

Please upload your rpt log file.

Do you use only A2/OA units or also the 3rd party units (not the model replacements)?

Do you any additional mods loaded along?

Sorry, how do I show my rpt log? I used the Arma 2/OA units. They look fine but the arma 2 weapons have no sound. I have a lot of other mods loaded.

When I launch my game it says Addon "AiA_SoundReplacement_Ammo_With_JSRS' requires addon "JSRS_Bullethits"

;2705378']

@ GvsE

I'll try and test over this weekend. I never really used the old weapons and as far as I remember the problem was that there was no recoil applied to A2/OA rifles, correct? Or should I be looking at something else?

@ Corporal_Lib[bR]

I am trying to get the hotfix out later today/tomorrow.

You can vote on the issue here.

@ Kothen

1) Location of RPT: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/arma.RPT

2) Compress the files with 7z/zip

3) Use a file hosting service like mega, dropbox, google drive and post the link

4) You are missing JRSR for the sound replacement. Either delete the sound replacement pbos or make sure to load them alongside (check the readme or use PWS - you need a collection with AiA though to have this work).

@ GvsE

Thanks! In certain conditions there was no recoil at all, right; at times a different/wrong/too little recoil.

One important aspect is that, so far, AiA is trying to use the old recoil from A2/OA.

If people find the A3 recoil, and can provide me a mapping (recoilX to weaponY), I can provide a config to test this.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

kju,

having tested some a2/oa weapons with the dev branch I conclude that recoil is still bugged: e.g. bizon, mp5, some mk variants (suppressed and unsuppressed) have no recoil. The m4 has recoil on every other shot. Then again, as far as I can tell the suppressed m4 with eotech sight has no recoil. It's quite messy. Hope this is helpful.

Btw, you were asking for requests with regard to further development: can you do anything about street lamps and lights in general. Right now Im using the TPW scripts to turn on the lights at night but would be nice to have this functionality out of the box.

Oh and female civilians: would be good to see them from time to time.

AllInArmaStandalone_2014_06_01_MissionHotfix.7z - 146 MB

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B78l1r8Ot0x9RGlMOHZ4anpJdTg/edit

You can simply overwrite the data in @AllInArmaStandalone\addons

---

@ GvsE

Thanks - will compare the configs once more and will do some tests.

Street lamps should be in soon thanks to (Sgt) Ace. :)

Someone would had to convert the females..

Great! Gotta enjoy some good ol´campaigns on AiA a lil more ASAP ;)

Out of curiosity, how did you managed to fix this, .kju?

And thanks a lot BTW ;D

@ Corporal_Lib[bR]

The missions (sqm files) are no longer "compressed" in the engine optimized format.

BI has broken it in 1.20 it seems.

;2706553']

@ GvsE

Thanks - will compare the configs once more and will do some tests.

Street lamps should be in soon thanks to (Sgt) Ace. :)

Someone would had to convert the females..

good to hear about the lights and Im glad I could be of help.

;2706744']This is a potential fix for the A2/OA weapons recoil:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-9029463/AiA_Weapons.7z.html

Would appreciate you guys to test and give feedback. :)

Hi,

Actually I think it's a bit better, being still Arma 2's recoil. I don't remember it was that low, but maybe...

Is it possible to bring Arma 3 recoil model instead ?

Edit : for some reason, it worked on second try... I need to test further :)

Edited by NikoTeen

I have just reverted to stable branch (installed my first ssd today), and at least on stable the recoil is still bugged. Will the test be relevant only with the dev branch?

@ NikoTeen

Thanks for testing and sharing your results!

@ GvsE

The recoil fix from BI is only available in the dev branch currently.

You can have both stable and dev branch next to each other, if HDD/SSD space is available.

Hi

When I have installed AiA standalone and followed all the instructions in the AiA wiki page but when I run A3 and click on Play or editor I get CTD and the following error

aiaeror_zpsac14639a.jpg

;2706553']AllInArmaStandalone_2014_06_01_MissionHotfix.7z - 146 MB

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B78l1r8Ot0x9RGlMOHZ4anpJdTg/edit

You can simply overwrite the data in @AllInArmaStandalone\addons

@Kanzyman: You need to download and install this fix on the AiA addons folder... it works as a charm!

;2706943']@Kanzyman: You need to download and install this fix on the AiA addons folder... it works as a charm!

Thank you so much, that solved it for me.

@.kju: so I´d like to let you know that this convertion Outlawz7 did of A1 campaign missions to COOP in A2 worked as a charm with AiA - it was like playing A1 campaign with all enhancements of A3 - JUST GREAT! =D (both SP and COOP/MP)

BTW, it needs SMD Sara A2 Full Sahrani Map Port to work, but it wasn´t a big deal - that map works great with AiA!

I hope he may convert Queens Gambit missions too...

cheers!

Hi evryone. Ive got a problem on my rented server. After upload AiA SA on the server and adding a bikey it still gives kick from the server becose of file named zargabad_c.pbo. Zargabad_c.pbo seems to be not included in bikey. Also i see that in addons folder all files got [...]pbo.AllInArma_2014_06_01_v26.bisign but that file zargabad_C.pbo heave old one named zargabad_c.pbo.AllInArma_2014_05_15_v25.bisign. Anyone can help?