.kju

All in Arma Standalone (AiA SA) - A1/A2/OA content in A3

I don't know why that mission crashes as I dont have time to try it.

But if you want to use user made A2 models, you just install it to the ARMA 3 folder like ARMA 2, then activate it inside the bat file under the "set _CUSTOM_MODS=xxx" line.

Replace XXX with the unit mod like set _CUSTOM_MODS=@sg_chechen to the Chechen unit mod. You can also add weapons and maps for missions with the semi-colon ;

for example: set _CUSTOM_MODS=@sg_chechen;@rh_aks

Just understand ARMA 3 scripting engine is different from ARMA 2 so some missions will output errors on the screen.

The only way to know which missions work fully, partially or not at all is to try it.

EDit - I just tried the mission in AllinArma (not the standalone version). Besides some CBA XEH script errors, it is working fine.

Edit 2 - I just tried it mission in AllinArmaStandAlone (I have both installed) and it works also withe same CBA XEN errors. I am using the ARMA 3 models for this mission since it does not use any custom units.

Here is my startup bat with JSRS sounds (both A2 and A3 versions since it would map sounds for respective weapons) and the AiASA HQ models (starts at @av_mods) in case you want to use it. Remember to MOVE the "AiA_ActivateA3Models.pbo" file back into the ADDONS folder plus download all the custom A3 model replacements to use AIASA HQ models. Or just use play with six utility program to download all the models.

Note that set _CUSTOM_MODS line should be one continuous line. So fix it before you save the bat file.

OK thanks for testing it for me. However I do not have Arma 2 installed so how can it use Arma 2 character models if its not on my computer? Do I need to install the AiASA HQ pack too?

No need to install ARMA 2. You are using the STAND ALONE version, which basically include all ARMA 2 assets!

You can install the AIASA HQ pack (+ related mods) from Play With Six if you want to use the updated ARMA 3 models. I actually recommend it. It looks way better than the ARMA 2 basic models, but note if you play missions with custom units, then you must not use the AIASA HQ pack.

I was having some trouble with my screen being EXTREMELY bright during the day, but I didn't want to post it on the webpage since I am not sure if I have everything set up right. I'm using AiA with AiA SA together in one SIX collection.

I was having some trouble with my screen being EXTREMELY bright during the day, but I didn't want to post it on the webpage since I am not sure if I have everything set up right. I'm using AiA with AiA SA together in one SIX collection.

I've noticed that too -- the sun in all the maps seems to be too bright -- it is the same with the A3MP. I think I saw it mentioned some time back (maybe in the A3MP thread). Hopefully it will be addressed if enough of us see the same over-brightness.

I've noticed that too -- the sun in all the maps seems to be too bright -- it is the same with the A3MP. I think I saw it mentioned some time back (maybe in the A3MP thread). Hopefully it will be addressed if enough of us see the same over-brightness.

Strangely, the very low-light conditions of moonlight and late dusk seem to be too dark. Under identical conditions (the exact same mission), a low-light mission will be darker in AiA-SA or A3MP than in the original A2 engine, and a mid-day sun-shiney day will be brighter.

Hey there,

I've been using AiA Standalone for some months now, today I bought Arma 2 The Complete Collection, I know there's another AiA that uses A2 files.

What version do you recommend for use?

Thanks in advance.

At this point, if you want to play the old content with the original A2 unit or custom models for custom missions/campaigns or Take On Helicoptor in the Arma 3 engine, then use the mod version. Note this is still rather buggy.

If you want to only play with the maps, weapons, vehicles but NOT the units, the use the standalone version. As you can use the replacement packs for units to use the A3 native custom units.

It works fairly well for custom missions so long as it does not use custom military units.

The patch 1 torrent currently has 0 seeder, how can I download the torrent without any seeders? Or is there any alternative link?

I've been seeding since day 1 for the patch so will see if restarting the client works.

I got a problem downloading both torrents (Standalone + patch)

They keep searching peers and the tracker gets an error:

Failure: Invalid info hash and a big sequence of leters numbers and symbols

Anyone knows how to solve it?

The torrents work again. :) Also again much thanks to the continuous seeders! :bounce3:

;2678669']The torrents work again. :) Also again much thanks to the continuous seeders! :bounce3:

Wow thx' date=' it worked lol, downloading the patch :)

---------- Post added at 10:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 ----------

Why every AIA units I have deployed are ArmA3's original models? For example if I deployed Russia troops in the game but it will show me CSAT's model..

;2678669']The torrents work again. :) Also again much thanks to the continuous seeders! :bounce3:

Thanks for the update.

Why every AIA units I have deployed are ArmA3's original models? For example if I deployed Russia troops in the game but it will show me CSAT's model..

ArmA 2/1 units crash the game, so you cant have the original units from older games.

Running both A2 and A3 infantry crashes the game and currently the fix is for all infantry to be set to A3 models. But what if all infantry is set to A2 models only, like how it was in the old AiA - I remember deleting/keeping a file will make the mod switch between using A2's infantry only or A3's.

Go into the AllinArmaStandalone\addons\ folder and move the AiA_ActivateA3Models.pbo file to subfolder (like backup) and it will disable the A3 unit models, and let you use the A2 unit models, but still access to all the A3 weapons and vehicles. This is required if you play mods or missions with custom A2 unit models such as Unsung Heroes mod.

If you play only missions or mods that use DEFAULT A2/CO models, then you should be able to use the A3 unit models with no issues.

hey kju i had an idea for AiA Standalone that idk if someone considered already but

-have you though of someone making a custom launcher instead of PWS specifically made to download and play AiA standalone

Go into the AllinArmaStandalone\addons\ folder and move the AiA_ActivateA3Models.pbo file to subfolder (like backup) and it will disable the A3 unit models, and let you use the A2 unit models, but still access to all the A3 weapons and vehicles. This is required if you play mods or missions with custom A2 unit models such as Unsung Heroes mod.

If you play only missions or mods that use DEFAULT A2/CO models, then you should be able to use the A3 unit models with no issues.

Ah so its still the same system as the old AiA. Cheers mate!

I hope we will see a fix to standardize weapon reloading animations to that of A3's animations instead of the current A2 ones. Reloading looks rather awkward.

Hi kju,

I would like to thank you so much for AIA Standalone !!! :bounce3: I have A2 complete edition and try to import ACR for weeks and still errors and missing objects and textures also problems with keys in regs etc.., especialy air_acr.pbo ..I like czech planes planes :) ...

Its working perfect and dont need anythink else !!!

Realy much THX !!! LOVE YOU AND ALL WHO HELP WITH THIS , YOU ARE MY HERO !!!! :yay:

Edited by CZE_Burnman

;2640559']@ Corporal_Lib[bR]

I see. Unfortunately they've chosen a bad approach. The use of replacement configs would have been the right one.

You could create a class mapping and mass replace the definitions back to A1 or A2 standard infantry/weapon/vehicle class names.

To port their configs to work with A3 is fairly complex and quite some effort. I doubt anyone will do that.

Also its quite unlikely that BI (is able to) make A2/OA infantry units work in A3 unfortunately..

Someone dropped me an email and brought this to my attention. So i apologize if i am not up to speed with what is happening here. Is there an issue with PRACS? I have had no issues testing stuff in A3 with AiA

@ wld427

No issue on the side of PRACS.

The author of the campaign conversion replaced the unit/weapon/vehicle classes in the mission(.sqm) and scripts.

Instead he could have left the campaign untouched and just make it playable with PRACS content via replacement configs.

The added benefit would have been that another other mission would also have been playable with PRACS assets. :)

I've had some A2 vehicles floating on the ground/not spinning wheels and speedometer not working, is this something common?

I've had some A2 vehicles floating on the ground/not spinning wheels and speedometer not working, is this something common?

i belive thats Physx for u

What kind of A2 mods works with this mod?...any like USMC rexturing mods perhaps?