.kju

All in Arma Standalone (AiA SA) - A1/A2/OA content in A3

Thank you for the update, and mostly for the lighting fix! Fantastic job, .kju.

My only wish now is fixed reload animations, but I do remember that it's largely impossible to tackle without BIS support. Hope you get it one day!

Once again, you and everyone else involved are stars! :)

@ Denco

All the configs and data is intertwined. BI did not design their addons to become standalone.

Furthermore it would cause problems with the conversion feature to be introduced for Play withSIX.

@ KingoftheSandbox

No worries. Maybe once most AiA content is fully playable, they will reconsider.

@ GvsE

Can you give me a little heads-up on reload animations? What is the problem and what weapons are affected?

Would the A3 reload anims fit to the A2/OA weapons if they were to be replaced?

@ FistoGames

Essentially only BI can fix the vehicle sounds sadly. More here:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=7540

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18011

ok thanks for the quick answer .kju, i'll give it a try.

cheers mate

Is there a ETA on when this will arrive a PWS?

I really want to use this mod but as I already have ARMA 1,2,OA,IF etc.. I really don't want to download the entire 18Gb of data if I can get PWS to use my existing installs.

Don't need an exact date just a ballpark would do.

Cheers

@ Soupdragon

In short in 2-6 weeks it should be done. Depends on some other factors though.

;2662555']

@ GvsE

Can you give me a little heads-up on reload animations? What is the problem and what weapons are affected?

Would the A3 reload anims fit to the A2/OA weapons if they were to be replaced?

I think all rifles are affected: you do not get A3 animations; instead there's something that looks like an A2 animation that is applied to all rifles' date=' BIS and custom ones alike. Alwarren and I released some time ago the MP9 and the reload gesture defined as

reloadAction = "GestureReloadMX";
is not the same in AiA as in vanilla game. You see that "voodoo" gesture on default rifles (e.g. the MX) as well.

I don't really play using pistols nor launchers and such so I cannot comment if these are affected as well.

One other problem I have encountered is that the game crashes sometimes when I switch from one map to another within the editor. Selecting a map from the drop down menu and clicking "continue" causes the game to freeze and crash. Ive disabled the -nologs command and when I get another freeze Im gonna upload the rpt.

@ GvsE

That is correct - the A2/OA weapons still have their old reload animations assigned.

The reason is mostly I don't know any better - I was hoping they would still work best together with the models.

Now if someone can provide a mapping what anim to be used for what weapon, I can change this quickly.

Animations and models are not my area - I don't intent to learn it. :o So let's hope someone will help us all. :bounce3:

Add your crash logs here: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18304

Sadly so far they don't bother, yet maybe if more people submit them, it will change.

.kju

Recoil is nice and working. But savegames are broken now! And was working before.

.kju

Recoil is nice and working. But savegames are broken now! And was working before.

So far, I find all the savegames working. Be sure you have not removed an addon between saving and reloading.

;2662989']@ GvsE

That is correct - the A2/OA weapons still have their old reload animations assigned.

The reason is mostly I don't know any better - I was hoping they would still work best together with the models.

.kju,

is there a way to limit this only to A2/OA models? Right now that old animation is applied to A3 weapons and custom A3 rifles for which A3 reload gestures are defined in configs. What I mean is that that animation overrides A3 on a global level, and it'd be great if you could limit it to A2/OA only.

Defining reload gestures for all A2 weapons would require testing with individual models or you could apply one A3 gesture to all and then collect feedback in which cases it fits. Im not sure if that's an acceptable solution, though. If there's one pbo that could do that (redefine reload gestures globally) then I'd be happy to test it and pass the results on to you.

Let me know what you think pls.

So far, I find all the savegames working. Be sure you have not removed an addon between saving and reloading.

I had to re-install all the addons and the game and i loaded all from the same arma3.cfg...i guess some addon is causing the problem...just tested aia alone and is not it...is cba or SOS.

Sorry .kju my bad.

Edited by Grillob3

@ Grillob3

Please upload the rpt log file(s) for me to check. And clarify what you mean with "broken".

@ GvsE

This should not be the case. Are all BI A3 weapons affected or which one for example?

Can't really comment on your second part - anyone else into anims can please?

Hi Kju,

I always use your proper "DisablePeripheralVision" mods (just found out you are the author of the great proper mods!) to disable the blue orbs.

Problem with AiA SA is the orbs are back (I really hate them and don't want to play with them). I already changed the order of my mods but I still see the orbs. Your proper mod is the only way -that I know of- to disable them (apart from playing at the highest difficulty setting ofcourse). Without AiA they don't show up.

Any idea what I can do to get rid of them?

Thanks.

Edited by peewee678

.kju,

this is the case. One (A2) reload animation overrides ALL animations, including the fancy A3 reload gestures for default A3 rifles. I have just dropped csat, aaf and nato weapon boxes to check all the associated rifles (MX, katiba, sdar, rahib, vermin, etc.) and they all have the same (A2 "vodoo") reload gesture when AiA is running. To make sure nothing else was interfering I disabled all other mods except yours and cba.

Hope this helps.

.kju

Just tested AiA without others mods, and its not AiA that was causing the savegame problem. It is CBA or speed of sound. The weird thing is that this combo of mods was working before. :(

And what about muzzle flash on arma 2 weapons? Are you working on that?

@ peewee678

Please upload a rpt log file from a game session with both active.

PS: Was hoping to port the tweaks to A3 and do new ones. Not sure if I will find the time though sadly.

@ GvsE

Thank you! Will take a look this weekend.

@ Grillob3

Probably faulty configs in SoS. Upload a rpt log file with the issue and I can analyze it.

Thanks .Kju

But i just figure out the problem. Was bullet_hits_value.pbo from Redfield-77 mod, I had to format my ssd where arma was and when i re-install the game and mods, i forgot to edit the bullet_hit.pbo so it does not ask for massi weapons. Now all is good and working.

Thanks for your nice mod and your help.

;2663667']

@ GvsE

Thank you! Will take a look this weekend.

Great! Hope you can sort it out. Let me know if I can be of assistance, please.

I must say Bystrica and Bukovina look gorgeous in this new lighting. I cannot thank you enough for your continuing support!

Gonna uninstall my A2/OA now to get some free disk space. :)

Why do the weapons have zero kick? I installed the standalone, then applied the patch, but the guns have zero recoil. Any fix?

@ DGrab

Do you load other mods? What is your modline/upload your rpt please.

I have no other mods running, just AiA standalone + the 1st patch. And sorry, but what's a modline and rpt?

*Read third edit;

Oh, I'm not using a modline. I just placed the 'addons' into my Arma 3>Addons folder and it works fine. Nothing is crashing and I can spawn in vehicles and weapons and do everything it's just that the guns don't have recoil. I did that with the standalone, booted it, and it worked fine. Then put the 'patch 1' files into the addons folder(replacing the files) and it still works, but guns still firing incorrectly. Must I use a modline with AiA and the patch?

edit; Ok I tried doing the modline thing (-mod=@AllInArmaStandalone) and it seems to detect addons but they're not working in-game. I also found the Rpt file, how should I upload this? It's too much to copy and paste in the thread, I think.

edit,edit; Ok here are the 2 rpt files I have:

https://www.mediafire.com/?3964ipdwmzqb4mh

https://www.mediafire.com/?3964ipdwmzqb4mh

EDIT;EDIT;EDIT; Ok so I've been messing it up before, that's why it wasn't working. But I put the @Cba and @AllInArmaStandalone(with patch) into my Arma 3 folder(NOT in addons). I launch it with this:

-mod=_CUSTOM_MODS;@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaStandalone

Here's the rpt file:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/evq35t46r3q1u6v/arma3_2014-04-15_19-04-59.rpt

Currently the recoil is still not working correctly =(

Edited by DGrab