.kju

All in Arma Standalone (AiA SA) - A1/A2/OA content in A3

Why only torrent to download? Will take so long...

Hello there

If enough folk seed it, it can be quite quick and for such a large file size is probably the most efficient way unless someone wants to stump up cash for hosting it somewhere.

Rgds

LoK

Yeh I understand, but 200kb/s for 16 GB. Nothing for me. So I need to wait.

I'll be seeding in half an hour at around 2.5mbps to 3.5mbps, hopefully someone will be able to connect and get this a little quicker that I did

EDIT:

I've just started the mod up and see the maps from ACR Addon, thanks kju I've been wanting these in A3 for ages

Edited by postalsam
Adding thanks

@ Rush-GER

The torrent should be fairly fast once you are connected a few minutes.

The average download rate seems to be between 0.5 and 1 MB/sec (~DSL 6000):

http://gameupdates.org/details.php?id=5668&dllist=1#seeders

If thats not enough for you, wait for the Play withSIX release.

@ postalsam and every other seeder

Thanks a lot!

Regarding the file size, will this somehow decrease in the future? If unlikely, is there a possibility of releasing two versions of the mod - one with A2/OA content (AiA) and one with A1/A2/OA content (AiA Extended)?

I'm just dreading the moment I have to ask everyone in my group to download an 18GB file in order to play certain operations. Whatever happens, I'm still going to force them to download it anyway (eventually) :p

Well , if I had HDD I would have downloaded the mod but unfortunately space on my SSD is limited so I would have to pass. I really hoped for something lighter so I can play Iron Front 44 at least without having to download 18GB.

Anyway thank you for you hard work and congrats for the release.

Edited by Nikiforos

@ GDSN

A1 just adds 1-2 GB. The rest is A2, OA + DLCs. Not worth to make this separate.

I guess most of your team should already have the games.

So once the PWS conversion will become available, it should be way less to download.

@ Nikiforos

Just put it on a regular HDD.

Niki, you can use alternative mod folders. I'd recommend using a launcher like Arma3Sync for that. I believe PwS also supports it

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

kju, is there any chance you can fix reload animations so that we have A3 animations or is that still up to BIS?

@ GvsE

Animations are not my area of expertise unfortunately.

I've tried a couple of configs changes to fix it but no luck sadly.

So we have ot hope some other modders finds a way or BI tells us/fixes it.

.kju [PvPscene]

Nice job! I am downloading right now!

Does savegame works?

.kju [PvPscene]

Nice job! I am downloading right now!

Does savegame works?

Yes, the savegame function works.

Peeps please remember this can only get better with the help of the Community Upgrade Project or CUP, so please help out and add to the project, the more people who donate the less everyone has to download of repeat projects.

You can join the skype group via here Join Group to start talking and getting involved, and you can look at any information you need at Dev Heaven here.

The more people who work together the quicker this will be done and the more content players can get, enabling all of us to have hundreds of additions to our favorite game, lets prove something here to the rest of the gaming communities out there that the Arma community is something worth fighting for.

Hey Kju, the AiA SA lists the A1 islands in editor and MP, but there´s no mission available, and both A1 campaigns doesn´t shows up in the Campaign tab =/

I can confirm the old AiA replacement packs work, are the new replacements (are you planing on using Kaelis and Ohallys units?) on the works for this weekend update?

cheers and keep up the great work!

@ RockLight

Thanks for the confirmation!

@ Corporal_Lib[bR]

I recommend you to try the A1 campaign ports by SHJStudio instead:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171469-ArmA-Rearmed-2-Modifikation-v1-1

Thanks also for the confirmation. Indeed the plan is to release the first AiA SA HQ version this weekend

and it will feature additional replacements. :)

@.kju

Is it possible (or will it be possible in the future) to use only included maps w/o units, vehicles, weapons etc.? If yes - how to do that?

Edited by gienkov

;2639139']@ Corporal_Lib[bR]

I recommend you to try the A1 campaign ports by SHJStudio instead:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171469-ArmA-Rearmed-2-Modifikation-v1-1

Thanks also for the confirmation. Indeed the plan is to release the first AiA SA HQ version this weekend

and it will feature additional replacements. :)

Wow, I really missed that... gotta try them (loved the A1 campaign, reinstalled to play with AiA old, which listed them but didn´t work, and playing A1 now is sooo anachronic lol Hope it works using the A1 rearmed in AiA SA, or at least I can play them in A2 OA) thanks for the tip!

Additional features? YAY! =D

@ gienkov

Not possible no. Not worth the effort and is against the goal of an unified base for mission designers and MP.

You can use A3MP instead though.

Sorry for being late to the party but this is just excellent, thanks to everyone involved!

I'm not a modder myself but one unified mod via CUP would be the best for the whole community and I hope all you great modders out there at least take a look at CUP before you decide what suits you the best.

;2636646']I am interested to hear from people with practical experience with it' date='

yet I am doubtful it would work for most average players.

[/quote']

I've been using BTSync since spring on both Windows and Linux and as said before it's a great way to share files and I think it would suit AiA perfectly via a shared read only folder. It has all BitTorrents benefits and the Windows client is easy to set up and use even for less computer savy people, all you need is to know the publicly shared key and then decide what folder to DL to.

Only thing I can think of as being a potential but minor issue is to make sure it's not updating mod files while you play A3 if you DL directly to the mod folder, closing the BTSync client before playing solves that.

Pro's

+ Free.

+ All the benefits of BitTorrent

+ Small no bloatet Windows client running in systray.

+ Possibility to set bandwith limits.

+ Linux client for thoose who wants keep a Linux server automaticly updated.

+ Supports "delta copy" like rsync.

+ It's a great and secure way to share other files with friends. Better than DropBox since only your own HD space set the limit and you host your own files and do not UL anything to some cloud thing.

Con's

- Must be closed before playing A3 _IF_ DL directly to mapped modfolder.

Anyone interested to try you can get the BTSync clients here....

http://www.bittorrent.com/sync/downloads

Documentation for the desktop client...

http://www.bittorrent.com/sync/get-started

http://www.bittorrent.com/sync/help/desktop-manual

kju, don't hesitate to PM me if you want more info or want to set up a simple testrun, I have it running on both Linux and Windows.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat
Added link to doc's

Thanks KC :) I've tried it already, but unfortunately the real world scenarios are more complex here:

1) At times you don't want to update. BT sync forces one to.

2) You might need to have multiple versions of AiA SA. One for public play, one for organized events.

3) For organized events, they often don't update immediately. It has first to be tried and verified. Otherwise you can easily screw an event for 50+ ppl.

;2639257']

1) At times you don't want to update. BT sync forces one to.

Just close down the BTSync client and it won't update.

2) You might need to have multiple versions of AiA SA. One for public play' date=' one for organized events.

3) For organized events, they often don't update immediately. It has first to be tried and verified. Otherwise you can easily screw an event for 50+ ppl.[/quote']

Don't DL directly to the mod folder and manually copy the files when verified and setup different mod's normally.

Judging from above maybe it would be better to not share pbo files directly but instead ZIP|7Z|RAR archives and ppl had to do the installation part manually. That way it would be like an automated BitTorrent client but you would know you always had the latest version of AiA in the DL directory after you set it up once and we would all share our BW with each other when client is running. I think thats the way I would prefer it...

/KC

Sure someone decent with computer can easily do that.

However the average player is overwhelmed by this.

PWS will have delta patching which is even way more efficient in terms of downloading.

Yet it also support sticking to a version or selecting any version.

To manage several solutions all by myself is just too much. Someone else can easily run a BT sync server for those interested of course.

Also one thing to be aware of: gameupdates.org automatically provides at least one 10 MBit/s upload seeder all the time. :)

As long as there is a BitTorrent option I'm fine since without it I would never be able to DL it with my thin pipe. It will take ages for me to grab 18 GB but it will get here and without dropouts/errors since BitTorrent handles all that.

Did not know gameupdates.org provided 10 MBit/s up, thats nice.

/KC

I wanted to thank you a lot. Your creation able us to use our old mission for Arma. I have spend lot of time in the past to make some missions and now, I know that It will be possible to use them with the new graphic engine....So thank you.

In priority, I want to use Saharani map. And the M1, K52 or F16 are some of my favorite vehicule.

I will try to download this night. I hope that I will have not matter.

Greatings.

Xavier PETIT