.kju

All in Arma Standalone (AiA SA) - A1/A2/OA content in A3

@Gunther: Some mods like ACE aren't working properly for ArmA2. That could be one of the reasons to still buy it. Now we have the content from A2 it doesn't make that game completely obsolete. It is time to switch over slowly though.

@Kju and all of the CUP guys: Absolutely great work. Please oh please keep this as a standarized mod with no packs or anything. One mod and get all content so it's decently compatible for multiplayer. I really hope this release encourages people to submit their project as well. Thanks AngelWingGamingJacob to try and help out there. There's already quite a bit of mods out there that would find it perfectly with CUP, but unfortunately decide to use their own mod (It's their choice of course and I understand some people just prefer to release their own mod). Maybe this release will give them some other thoughts.

Thanks AngelWingGamingJacob to try and help out there. There's already quite a bit of mods out there that would find it perfectly with CUP, but unfortunately decide to use their own mod (It's their choice of course and I understand some people just prefer to release their own mod). Maybe this release will give them some other thoughts.

I understand i want to make the replacement config for compatibility with the Ambient Combat Module (if it in the standalone....im waiting for PWS version) and also A2 based missions (Showcases and such) and i already know of some mods that will possibly end up as replacement configs

-NB USMC (my offer)

-Av_INDUS (it was one for the non-standalone version and might still work from the old version to standalone)

-CAF aggressors (Replacing Chedaki or NAPA with mid east units and Takistani Militiamen)

so yea there is options galore i just posted the ones i would like to see

@ Snottus

As far as I know there are next to no changes for choppers and planes in regards to the simulation (physx).

Regardless a few people are working to upgrade choppers/planes to add A3 features (ie camera monitors) to the models.

@ AngelWingGamingJacob

Thanks!

Oh there's quite a bit of difference for choppers at least, in regards to flight model. Both lift, rudders and overall feel of the choppers is quite different

Thanks for your great work, I have 2 questions:

- aren't Arma 1 vehicles mostly duplicates with CO? (except for M113 and such)

- how are old vehicles and weapons compatible with A3 ballistics and armor?

I can't seem to get the sun to shine on Chernarus. No matter what time of day or clouds off or whatever, the lighting always looks like a heavy overcast day and you never see the sun in the sky. Anyone else getting this.

Thanks btw for this awesome mod. So much stuff!

Great work as usual Kyu...

Thank you very much for your time and effort spent in this mod!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Thanks Kju, I've really been looking forward to something like this.

For future updates will it require the download everything again or only what's required and add that to the mod folder?

I only ask as if it requires an 18gig+ download each update then I'd be better of waiting for final release.

Thanks again.

@Gunther: Some mods like ACE aren't working properly for ArmA2. That could be one of the reasons to still buy it. Now we have the content

from A2 it doesn't make that game completely obsolete. It is time to switch over slowly though.

I must have been speaking Chinese when i posted, I have OFP, Arma1, Arma2, Arma2CO, and Arma3, im not new to the series, I been in this since day1 OFP demo.

I dont care about ACE it was an example, I used to describe some mods that had some gameplay features in it aside units weapons and so forth.

But I get your point that some mods may not work properly in A3.

No one is telling you to buy A1/A2/OA. How do you get that idea?

How did you get the idea i was asking that, I asked if you read what i actually said was

Is the mod some sort of port of the other games?

then if i reword what i said that in general if someone not me, were wanting to buy arma1, or arma2, or OA,

why would they want to when they can get AIA?

then i said

it feels as if im redownloading 3 games I already own but now work in arma3.

AiA SA only adds the content to A3 as stated. Got it?

So your telling me that AIA is basically porting the content from Arma1 through Arma2CO to Arma3, hence the massive download size.

This is why I asked what exactly are we downloading, the actual content from the previous games or is it some config.

So im still confused as to why BIS would allow this, wont they lose money if anyone wanted to play Arma1, or arma2 or OA they can just download AIA?

As far as the torrent I'd rather have the option to pick and choose what content I wanted to play with in Arma3 then all of the content from Arma1-Arma2OA,

if that option were available I think the mod would be more attractive to alot of people and the download size for them would be less.

For future updates will it require the download everything again or only what's required and add that to the mod folder?

I only ask as if it requires an 18gig+ download each update then I'd be better of waiting for final release.

Good point Katipo66, I dont think it will, it would be config updates to certain files that fix certain areas that are having issues, and optimization i would think.

Wow, this is incredible. You have no idea how glad I am that this has been released. You have a done huge service for the Arma community :)

@ Snottus

I doubt it has to do with the simulation.

It should be just config tweaking and adjusting the model.

However I am not sure if anyone knows how to achieve this yet outside BI.

@ frostwyrm333

Only non duplicates were added. That said not all A1 only vehicles are available yet I think.

Some ammo classes might need adjustment. Weapon damage is still tweaked by BI anyway.

Doesn't make much sense to work on this. Especially if BI doesn't document their value system.

The armor for tanks might be better documentated by zGuba - dunno.

However it might be better to go for the new system developed by a community member instead anyway.

@ Banky

Lighting and sun unfortunately got broken. Sorry about that. Should get fixed in the next update.

@ Katipo66

PWS offers delta patching. For torrents I might provide patches or full torrents which download only

the changes when done right (complete files though vs just bit changes for PWS).

@ AngelWingGamingJacob

Did not test yet, but they should work.

I plan to release an update this weekend anyway. :)

.kju

Thank you man...this mod is great!!

Are the classnames of the weapons the same of the arma 2 series? (I'm planning to hide some of then on VAS)

With the standalone version of AIA is possible to load a savegame?

Again, thanks for this!

hey kju, is some sort of lighting and sun hotfix doable? no worries if not (I know im being a pest but I cannot wait to see all these lands in the new lighting).

Thanks again for all your work!

@.kju

Maybe it would be possible to add, say the Mi-48 Kajman flight-model to the Apache? Or maybe the Blackfoot one

I must have been speaking Chinese when i posted, I have OFP, Arma1, Arma2, Arma2CO, and Arma3, im not new to the series, I been in this since day1 OFP demo.

I dont care about ACE it was an example, I used to describe some mods that had some gameplay features in it aside units weapons and so forth.

But I get your point that some mods may not work properly in A3.

How did you get the idea i was asking that, I asked if you read what i actually said was

Is the mod some sort of port of the other games?

then if i reword what i said that in general if someone not me, were wanting to buy arma1, or arma2, or OA,

why would they want to when they can get AIA?

then i said

it feels as if im redownloading 3 games I already own but now work in arma3.

So your telling me that AIA is basically porting the content from Arma1 through Arma2CO to Arma3, hence the massive download size.

This is why I asked what exactly are we downloading, the actual content from the previous games or is it some config.

So im still confused as to why BIS would allow this, wont they lose money if anyone wanted to play Arma1, or arma2 or OA they can just download AIA?

As far as the torrent I'd rather have the option to pick and choose what content I wanted to play with in Arma3 then all of the content from Arma1-Arma2OA,

if that option were available I think the mod would be more attractive to alot of people and the download size for them would be less.

Good point Katipo66, I dont think it will, it would be config updates to certain files that fix certain areas that are having issues, and optimization i would think.

Okay I'll explain one more time about what this is: This is all the Arma 1 / Arma 2 content, textures, models and terrrains. That's why it's a massive download. It allows people to use that content inside ArmA3 without the need to own and install any of those other games. Why would people want that? Well right now it's just a direct port, but with this project there are also plans to bring the content up to A3 standards. Typical examples would be higher quality textures, proper vehicle physics (and gearboxes) and 3D scopes / attachments for weapons.

If you want just specific content you can probably pick one of the other 2348732894239 mods out there that all add a few things. This mod is out there so there is a standardized, massive content pack, where you have to worry less about compatibility, everything is done using the same things in mind. Some people don't want to have to use 30 different mods, with mostly overlapping content. I'm damn glad the mod is brought out like this. Just add some PWS delta patching and updating won't be a problem either.

Why BIS would allow this? Well they can either continue to sell A2 for a few bucks.. or if they are smart just release the content, let the modders to the work of porting things over and this creates a massive incentive for people to get A3. Not only do you have A3, but now you also have all the old goodies in the A3 engine (With possible upgrades on some content) and BIS doesn't need to do a thing. Which do you think earns them more money? The few extra A2 copies they sell or the extra copies they sell because people that didn't want to switch before (Because of "FUTURISTC!1!!!" content), plus additional players seeing the massive amount of content there is for A3.

@ deniodan

Same class names, no changes yep.

Savegames you have to try - I might have to do some fixes to the configs there.

@ GvsE

Patch is due this weekend.

@ Snottus

I have no deeper insights into flight model tweaking.

However simply taking anothers chopper config definition won't work AFAIK.

The mass distribution in the model needs to be adjusted too.

@ Günter Severloh

BI released the data in the ALDP pack with a respective license. Just read it,

its part of the download or available on BI sites.

It is what A3MP, this and other recently released ports are based on. If they

would not have done so, ports would not have been possible basically.

Also BI has sold A2/OA enough by now as you can see in the recent sales (humble bundle, steam, etc).

Hi, kju,

Have you considered using BtSync for distributing the updates of All in Arma Standalone?

Torrents are good, but they don't allow for automatic updates. btSync, on the other hand, allows you to distribute a "read-only key" which will allow you to basically automatically distribute updates for clients - and you'll still have all of torrent's benefits.

Just a suggestion.

That's a really good job you're doing there, very much appreciated.

Great mod,i wonder if someone has already tried to upload that massive amount of GB on a server...my connection is 1MB upload,let's try all together to guess the ETA :D

:Oo::crazy_o:

@.kju

kk, thanks for the replies. And great work so far, you're a Paragon in the Arma community.

@ DarkWanderer

Please check #12 in regards to btSync. I am interested to hear from people with practical experience with it,

yet I am doubtful it would work for most average players.

@ DieTU

If you have a game server, maybe ask your host to provide it?

---

Please share your suggestions what to include in AiA SA - like "old" A2 addons that should be made part of the standard package.

Also recommendations of other community made addons to be used for replacement addons (best A3 tech ones).

hi kju

nice mod :):)

have u looked into using the same installer as breaking point??

its great always updating and that :yay::yay::yay: