tasev1

Xbox controller config

Hey all. I have successfully set up a decent control config on my Xbox 360 controller for vehicles only. However, A3 seems to 'delete' these configuration changes sometimes. I've seen it happen both when I load up A3 without my controller active, and once even in game because I changed a null-zone value. I have backed up my user config file to replace the one in use so I don't have to re-program the buttons, but does anybody know why this is happening? Really annoying....hard to fly in this game without one. I tried to set up my keyboard to fly like Battlefield 4, but the flight mechanics are far different here.

i was considering using a controller for this game. do you find it to be as effective as a mouse and keyboard? thanks!

Hey, I would have to say no! Controller can be good, especially if you're used to it - but not enough precision and reflex control for infantry. There are also not enough buttons to do everything you may want to do. Try it, see what it feels like.

For me, I ONLY use the controller for vehicles - heli, airplane, ground transport. Thats it.

I would agree with Tasev on this one. I use my controller only when I am piloting as well ( waiting on my new flight stick to show up). The infantry controls are very limited and really touchy at times. E.G if you push forward all the way up on the movement stick your character will sprint at full speed and becme tired before you know it. You have to lightly move the stick up to chalk walk or just walk in general. You loose out on all your lean movements too. Keep to a keyboard and mouse for the infantry play.

Not sure why it would be losing your config but I map the keys to my controller with Xpadder (I guess you could use AutoHotKey instead), so that there's no controller mappings in A3 for it to lose, so you could try that instead. I prefer it as it makes it easer to use one button as a modifier to double up the buttons anyway.

I also use 360 controller for flying but, I just use the keyboard for driving. It just takes me too long to reach for the controller while jumping into ground vehicles.

Hello, I have a problem with windows 10, Arma 3 and my controller xbox one. My driver is auto config with windows 10 but he don't work with Arma 3. I need uninstall driver for windows 10 and install driver for windows 8.1 and it's good. But for others game the driver windows 8.1 don't work and i need reinstall driver for windows 10...etc. Have you same problem? Do you work for any uptade to fix this problem? Thanks for your answers.

Sorry for my english...I'm french!!!

I don't recommend using a controler for arma at all, to much options. and mouse+keyboard is way more accurate

I grew up playing consoles so I always preferred using controllers. I like having the buttons at the palms of my hands. Playing games like Pubg and Escape From Tarkov there is simply not enough buttons on the controller. So I use both a controller and the keyboard. I use the mouse for sniping. I cannot stand using the wsad keys for movement. I prefer the analog stick on a controller. So what I'm wanting to do for Arma 3 is what I've been doing with the other games. Use the main controls and controls I use the most on the controller. Everything else on the keyboard. I've already set up my xbox 360 controller on steam with the controls I want. However, the controller isn't working on the game. None of the buttons do anything. I went to the control config on the game. It shows the controller there. I've done the disable and attempt to change the controls on the menu but nothing happens. Like if I want to change Inventory from the I button to the start button on the controller. I hit the start button and nothing happens. If I'm playing the game and I turn the controller off and back on it works for a brief second.  Is there a way to fix this or is this just a problem with the game that has no fix? Its frustrating because while looking for answers online there are other people using their controller with no problems. Thanks.

55 minutes ago, Rufus Valentino said:

I grew up playing consoles so I always preferred using controllers. I like having the buttons at the palms of my hands. Playing games like Pubg and Escape From Tarkov there is simply not enough buttons on the controller. So I use both a controller and the keyboard. I use the mouse for sniping. I cannot stand using the wsad keys for movement. I prefer the analog stick on a controller. So what I'm wanting to do for Arma 3 is what I've been doing with the other games. Use the main controls and controls I use the most on the controller. Everything else on the keyboard. I've already set up my xbox 360 controller on steam with the controls I want. However, the controller isn't working on the game. None of the buttons do anything. I went to the control config on the game. It shows the controller there. I've done the disable and attempt to change the controls on the menu but nothing happens. Like if I want to change Inventory from the I button to the start button on the controller. I hit the start button and nothing happens. If I'm playing the game and I turn the controller off and back on it works for a brief second.  Is there a way to fix this or is this just a problem with the game that has no fix? Its frustrating because while looking for answers online there are other people using their controller with no problems. Thanks.

The best way to use a controller is by using Xpadder program. I only play with controller, but i use Xpadder-it is amazing. Not sure what is causing your problem though. The controller should appear in the list, then when selected, it should just work