Sign in to follow this  
SG_Smokintodd

ARMA 3 Crashing

22 hours of MP without a single crash. Solved.

Solution can be found in my feedback tracker ticket linked earlier in this thread.

Tried deleting the .dll files and got a different error this time. After getting to the spawn selection screen on a different Altis Life server, Arma 3 crashed and I got a window saying something about a D3D error, so I guess the next step is to reinstall DirectX... sigh.

edit: deleted the directx folder in arma 3 except for the directx setup file and its .dll and reinstalled directx. Same deal. Crashed a couple minutes after spawning in. Same problem. Screen goes black. Can hear game audio. This time no CTD since I was on low power mode, just crash to black screen and a message saying Arma 3 is not responsive.

edit edit: another update.. tried verifying game cache integrity and logged in again. Crashed to desktop 30 seconds after spawning in to a new error, "Display driver failed and then recovered"

Edited by onelightminute

Hello,

Every 5-45 minutes of gameplay, Arma 3 will crash to desktop. Once it has crashed to desktop, the app continues to run but is unresponsive and I can hear sound effects from game still. Sometimes I will get a message about my graphics driver saying that it failed but recovered. Game is basically unplayable due to these random crashes.

I have tried re-installing non-essential Steam files, Direct X, Microsoft .net Framework 4.5, my graphics drivers, and Battle Eye but it hasn't helped. I'm reinstalling the entirety of Arma 3 as I type this.

What gives? I've read about a lot of people having this problem as far back as 2013. Symptoms reported then are identical to what I have now. When I pay $60 for a game I expect to be able to play it reliably. I don't have this issue with other games. Can someone help me out?

I'm presently running Windows 7 64 bit with an Intel i7 dual-core processor, 8GB ram, and Intel HD 4000 on board graphics.

---------- Post added at 23:43 ---------- Previous post was at 23:15 ----------

Hello,

Every 5-45 minutes of gameplay, Arma 3 will crash to desktop. Once it has crashed to desktop, the app continues to run but is unresponsive and I can hear sound effects from game still. Sometimes I will get a message about my graphics driver saying that it failed but recovered. Game is basically unplayable due to these random crashes.

I have tried re-installing non-essential Steam files, Direct X, Microsoft .net Framework 4.5, my graphics drivers, and Battle Eye but it hasn't helped. I'm reinstalling the entirety of Arma 3 as I type this.

What gives? I've read about a lot of people having this problem as far back as 2013. Symptoms reported then are identical to what I have now. When I pay $60 for a game I expect to be able to play it reliably. I don't have this issue with other games. Can someone help me out?

Yep, this is what happens to me. It's been almost 2 months now since I contacted Bohemia and they've just turned a blind eye to me, absolutely NO RESPONSE.

---------- Post added at 03:00 ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 ----------

22 hours of MP without a single crash. Solved.

Solution can be found in my feedback tracker ticket linked earlier in this thread.

In the link you gave there is no solution, the last post you see is this (Copied and Pasted):

After downloading this weeks hotfix, I played for about 35 min. and crashed.

I then deleted all .dll files in the ARMA 3 DLL folder, sans the readme. Restarted STEAM, but did not verify files (obviously). I was able to put in about 28 hours of MP play, most of which was on various King of the Hill servers before it crashed again (faulting module was ntdll.dll - haven't seen that one before). Played another 2.5 hrs. without a crash, then, called it a night.

I can live with a crash every 30 hrs. or so but will continue to monitor and make notes if issues come up.

Take from that what you will.

I cannot find your solution anywhere, I'm apparently just dumb and am not seeing it but either way please give me the solution!

It's right there dood:

I then deleted all .dll files in the ARMA 3 DLL folder, sans the readme. Restarted STEAM, but did not verify files (obviously).

Unfortunately this did not fix my issue :(

I am still crashing consistently.

I am still talking to steam support but again, I'm still crashing so far.

~Jacob~

SG_Smokintodd thanks a lot!

I bought new PC (z170A, Skylake 6600k, gtx 960 4gb, Win. 10), and after 15 hours of playing KoTH I noticed exactly the same error. After that I spent a lot of time trying to fix it and I was very disappointed Arma. But your solution works.