Sign in to follow this  
derakoren

[MP] WASP Warfare CTI

http://psyrixx.psyjnir.org/public/ConvertArmaMissionForLinuxDedicated.exe

To install: drag into mod root directory (so right next to Init.sqf) and double click.

It will get a list of all .sqf, .hpp, .ext filenames in that directory and all subdirectories, then for each will scan all .sqf files for reference to those filenames and replace them with the correct case of the actual file name. As always, run this in a copied folder or something so that if it makes any mistakes it doesn't destroy your work.

So if the file name is Init.sqf but in any of the files it is referenced as "init.sqf" that reference will be changed to "Init.sqf" to reflect the actual file's name.

@Spyker: you start HC from (the client version of) arma3. You can start it with your homepc but your connection to your dedicated server should be AT LEAST 100mbit, better GBit with ping < 3ms. Just Look at my links i postet in my last post (( arma3.exe -localhost=127.0.0.1 -connect=localhost -port=PORTNUMBER -client -nosound )). So YES you need on your server:

1. steamcmd installed arma3 dedicated server.

2. arma3 + arma3 licence for headlessClient and started with the params i listed. Blame BI for that, not very server friendly, but atm the best option to have 200ai+ on the server and dont kill the server fps.

@Mission:

- another problem: all players should be in a team. we use task force radio and all group leaders get a long range radio @ backpack. So at the moment every player get their backpack killed by the radio but they dont need it. Would be better if there are only 3 group leader.

Edited by Numrollen

http://psyrixx.psyjnir.org/public/ConvertArmaMissionForLinuxDedicated.exe

To install: drag into mod root directory (so right next to Init.sqf) and double click.

It will get a list of all .sqf, .hpp, .ext filenames in that directory and all subdirectories, then for each will scan all .sqf files for reference to those filenames and replace them with the correct case of the actual file name. As always, run this in a copied folder or something so that if it makes any mistakes it doesn't destroy your work.

So if the file name is Init.sqf but in any of the files it is referenced as "init.sqf" that reference will be changed to "Init.sqf" to reflect the actual file's name.

Ok, I've done with it. Check it from your side.

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

@Spyker: you start HC from (the client version of) arma3. You can start it with your homepc but your connection to your dedicated server should be AT LEAST 100mbit, better GBit with ping < 3ms. Just Look at my links i postet in my last post (( arma3.exe -localhost=127.0.0.1 -connect=localhost -port=PORTNUMBER -client -nosound )). So YES you need on your server:

1. steamcmd installed arma3 dedicated server.

2. arma3 + arma3 licence for headlessClient and started with the params i listed. Blame BI for that, not very server friendly, but atm the best option to have 200ai+ on the server and dont kill the server fps.

@Mission:

- another problem: all players should be in a team. we use task force radio and all group leaders get a long range radio @ backpack. So at the moment every player get their backpack killed by the radio but they dont need it. Would be better if there are only 3 group leader.

Oh, thx for short description. I configured HC for Arma 2 warfare mission before. I thought HC for Arma 3 is a little bit different in configuring.

@Mission: Why should there be only 3 leaders?

Will give it a spin tonight. Did you just run my script (which I had already done... so if that's all you did I can tell you the bugs I already reported still exist on linux dedicated) or did you attempt to fix any of the things I mentioned in my previous posts? =)

Thanks

Yep, all the bugs I mentioned in my other post are still present. I provided the tool to help you guys out, not to have you do what I already did for myself. ;)

Hoping the other issues will be addressed soon!

Will give it a spin tonight. Did you just run my script (which I had already done... so if that's all you did I can tell you the bugs I already reported still exist on linux dedicated) or did you attempt to fix any of the things I mentioned in my previous posts? =)

Thanks

I tested your script and showed you the results. :)

My further steps are:

1) fix the issues of our mission for linux hosts using your tool;

2) try to add HC client;

3) fix bugs of gear menu;

Thanks.

I tested your script and showed you the results. :)

My further steps are:

1) fix the issues of our mission for linux hosts using your tool;

2) try to add HC client;

3) fix bugs of gear menu;

Thanks.

Sounds good. If you need a linux tester, I'm happy to help!

@Mission: Why should there be only 3 leaders?

Because its like it should look like, not every player should be his own leader :P Why we need it? Task Force Radio adds automatic every teamleader a long range radio so he can communicate with other team leaders. But with the actual structure everyone gets the longrange radio (~12km). This LRR removes the backpack because it needs the backpack slot. For normal communication every "normal" slot have a short range radio (~2km). Try it yourself, a great mod ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23615 )

If you need HC Test i can also help.

Is there any way to implement a revive script into this mission? I tried it, and the revive part worked fine, but on respawn, the respawn menu shows, the screen fades to black, and after respawn timer completes, the player's body spawns at chosen location, but player point of view is still over the ocean and can't do anything.

EDIT: After reading some of the thread; please don't increase the AI difficulty too much. My friends and I normally play BeCTI Warfare, and we're constantly pissed off by how accurate the AI is, getting headshots with ACOs at 300-500 meters. I actually enjoy the inaccuracy of the AI in this mission; it feels more human. As long as you don't make them substantially more accurate, it should be fine, but maybe make that a parameter so that server owners can adjust it?

Edited by Dreadp1r4te

ai in towns are droping from the sky.. dead, I end up just killing 1 or 2 ai that are in camps.. and even if I don't kill them I take over town, ai stay active in camps , thay don't disappear ,?

Spyker, derakoren, are you still working on the game? I think it has a lot of potential and i've already seen some nice battles in it, but as you probably know, there are some bugs/problems that make it unplayable for the masses.

Please update us on the progress if you continue working on it, would be too bad if it gets abandoned...

So.... I guess this project is dead? Shame, because it was a good one.

Spyker, derakoren, are you still working on the game? I think it has a lot of potential and i've already seen some nice battles in it, but as you probably know, there are some bugs/problems that make it unplayable for the masses.

Please update us on the progress if you continue working on it, would be too bad if it gets abandoned...

Sorry guys for a long time that you did not answer.

But now there is no free time to work on the mission, the last what I was working a new construction menu as in RTS. I think Spayker also not so much time on a mission. Thx for helping in bug fix.

So.... I guess this project is dead? Shame, because it was a good one.

No man, project not dead, just no time now to work on mission. When we have more free time we return to work and i need to end construction menu for update mission version.

Would it be possible to make a non-minified version of the code available? We could take a look and see if we can figure out at least how to fix the few small bugs that exist. Github would be a perfect spot for it.

Would it be possible to make a non-minified version of the code available? We could take a look and see if we can figure out at least how to fix the few small bugs that exist. Github would be a perfect spot for it.

Write here this small bugs and i fix him and update mission, because next mission version with new cons. menu not soon be available.

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Construction UI screenshot:

3D4C893CD04A265898B9EE3D013A03EB7BC589AC

Looks sexy!

The three most show stopping bugs right now:

1 - All units spawn about 100m above the ground once you get to capture points, and then fall to their deaths. You can capture the entire island without firing a single shot.

2 - Timers are waaaaay off on Linux version ... 60 second vote menu and everyone votes, but commander not nominated until 3 minutes or more into the mission. Same with build/research times. Everything seems to be around double what the stated time should be.

3 - The vote menu will not come back up after you have voted and the initial 60 second countdown has finished. It pops up and then instantly closes again.

Those are the three main ones I've encountered. Anything else I've seen has been very minor in comparison. This IS our favorite gametype, and it's a shame that it is broken. We've been falling back to BeCTI since it at least works, but it is nowhere near as fun or satisfying as WASP.

:cool:

Looks sexy!

The three most show stopping bugs right now:

1 - All units spawn about 100m above the ground once you get to capture points, and then fall to their deaths. You can capture the entire island without firing a single shot.

2 - Timers are waaaaay off on Linux version ... 60 second vote menu and everyone votes, but commander not nominated until 3 minutes or more into the mission. Same with build/research times. Everything seems to be around double what the stated time should be.

3 - The vote menu will not come back up after you have voted and the initial 60 second countdown has finished. It pops up and then instantly closes again.

Those are the three main ones I've encountered. Anything else I've seen has been very minor in comparison. This IS our favorite gametype, and it's a shame that it is broken. We've been falling back to BeCTI since it at least works, but it is nowhere near as fun or satisfying as WASP.

:cool:

Ok, i try fix that on weekend.

That would be awesome. I think only #1 is really super important ... the vote menu (#3) isn't too big of an issue because usually (at least when we play) whoever gets voted to commander at the beginning stays commander through the rest of the game. Or, rather than making it a vote, just make Slot 1 commander for now and work on fixing the vote menu later. Could be a quick workaround for issue #3 until you have the time to really focus on it.

And the timers... well, we can wait the extra few minutes for upgrades/voting to complete. They don't kill the mod like units spawning in the air and falling to their deaths does. =)

1. AI Respawn in Town - Fixed

2. Vote Menu hide after activate - fixed

Mission not update now

Edited by derakoren
add new new fix

Hi derakoren.

Thanks for the update,and could you help me try to understand the gear purchase screen,i try to get PCML missiles into my backpack,it takes my money but i don't get the item.

Thnx

Squadie

Squadie - this is a purchase bug that usually happens when you don't have enough room to equip what you're trying to buy. Just close the equipment menu without making your purchase, open it again and clear out some room in one of your backpacks (or buy a new, bigger one) and try again.

Derakoren - Awesome, thanks!

As a small note, since I am assuming you are Russian ... in the first post instead of marking the most recent mission with "LAST" (which in English, in this context, implies the final version [as in this is the "last" version we're releasing]) use "Latest" which means most recent. So...

v0.208 - LATEST!

Would mean v0.208 is the most recent version that has been released, but more updates are planned. =)

Edited by psyrixx

Just been playing v2.07,Units still fall to thier deaths unfortunately,and gear menu is a pain in the butt.

Other than that all seems stable enough,no crashes or lag.

Overall im enjoying it.:)

Just been playing v2.07,Units still fall to thier deaths unfortunately,and gear menu is a pain in the butt.

He hasn't uploaded .208 yet :( That will fix the falling to death bit. I hope he uploads it soon so I can throw this on my dedi box.

version 0.208 not added on forum now, but i try added her today

Hi guys,

I've uploaded v0.208 on our test server:

193.111.140.248:2332

Try it there or download for tests on your servers. There you will not find new vehicles. We are going to add them as soon as possible. ;)

Edited by Spyker