Sign in to follow this  
Claystone

Can't get online with Mods.

It seems i can't jump into a online game unless i remove my "Mods".

I tried to join an online game mission that had the expansions for CBA and TFR which i also have activated, but when i try to join the mission it gives me this dialog box from the game and then i get kick off!?!?!? Now i know the modes work because i've used them. I have to completly remove all my "Mods" and then i can get on just fine.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? It defeats the purpose to get mods if i can't use them in multi player.

Thanks

You are not supposed to be able to get in a server unless it supports those mods. You must disable them if you wish you to play on public servers. You and a friend may host a private server and use the mods but if the server does not support them you cannot use them. Correct me if im wrong someone, there are a few mods with accepted server keys??

You are not supposed to be able to get in a server unless it supports those mods. You must disable them if you wish you to play on public servers. You and a friend may host a private server and use the mods but if the server does not support them you cannot use them. Correct me if im wrong someone, there are a few mods with accepted server keys??

That is my point i was saying. One mission supported CBA and TFR which i had but i still couldn't get on. They were the only mods active and i couldn't get on. I thought if i had the same mod as what the mission supported i would be able to join. For some reason i can't.

Did you have the keys in the correct folder? I think it is ...\Arma3\Keys\.

Most mods just have their keys under the mod name, for example @CBA\Keys\.

Try moving the .key-file to arma3\keys\ instead, see if that works.

Did you have the keys in the correct folder?

He's trying to join a public server as a client, not run a server. Keys have no use clientside - they are used by the server to check a client's add-on signatures (.bisign).