Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

ArmA 2 US Helicopters Import to A3

By the "issue with the huey and venom" what exactly do you mean? The huey itself handles fine in my opinion, from the few times we've used them for shits and giggles, but the venom's flight characteristics are jacked up beyond belief and I feel that those same issues extend to the Apache (not nearly as severe) and the Cobra (it could use some tweaking) as well. The Venom has been the most glaring issue for me with this mod.

This is the issue with the venom and Huey:

http://i.imgur.com/qkA0GbK.jpg (361 kB)

I'm afraid that has to do with the mass distribution.

It's not something you can solve with the config if i got it right.

Anyway the venom handles like a stone when it takes speed lol.

If you are descending fast you better plan it well or you're going to crash.

Not only does the venom refuse to respond to pitch inputs, it yaws like it's on speed. No helicopter should be able to do a complete stationary barrel roll only 80 meters off the ground.

As for that issue.. I can't say I've ever experienced it. I'll poke them a bit tonight and see if that happens.

Can who ever is currently working on the mod at this point please make a way to fold the viper and venom's rotors? Please?

Try with this in the init of the helicopter:

xtype = [this,1] execvm "ah1z_fold.sqf";

Put this script in your mission folder (this is for the cobra):

_ah1z= _this select 0;
_position = _this select 1;
_ah1z animate ["mainrotor_folded",1-_position];
_ah1z animate ["mainrotor_unfolded",_position];
_ah1z animate ["rotorshaft_unfolded",_position];   

This is for the venom:

_heli = _this select 0;
_position = _this select 1;
_heli animate ["mainrotor_folded",1-_position];
_heli animate ["mainrotor_unfolded",_position];

And see what happens.

Just thought I'd make a quick post here. I'm working on fixing the materials of the helis so that the correct bullet impact particles are shown.

BnZamtJh.jpg

Dust particles have been replaced with correct effects (sparks) using vanilla Arma 3 penetration data.

Since todays 1.24 patch the weapons sounds of the AH1Z and AH64D seems broken this includes the Gun and the Rocketpots.

Will we se a update to the config to fix this problem ? :bounce3:

Yep the last Arma 3 patch broke most addons. Hope you can update and fix this? :)

Yep the last Arma 3 patch broke most addons. Hope you can update and fix this? :)

I will do my best to get this rolled out to you guys by July 16th (my time). At the same time, I am packing for a trip out of town (very inconvenient time for an update) So I'm not making any promises.

I will do my best to get this rolled out to you guys by July 16th (my time). At the same time, I am packing for a trip out of town (very inconvenient time for an update) So I'm not making any promises.

SitRep?

Another problem is everytime is select the Apache in the editor I got an error message (null expression or something like that...)

Might be the HUD/MFD throwing problems...

It's about time someone from BIS publishes a comprehensive guide on those things since ALL MFDs from arma 2 are seemingly impossible to get working without major modifications.

I opened a ticket a few days ago, if you could contribute that would be nice:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19778

The config file for the helicopters is copy and pasted from ArmA 2 and modified so that it works in ArmA 3. The problem with that, is that I can't get the sound working. I will still work on getting this squared away, but now it's going to take longer. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I will also try and re-work the HUD/MFD. But that is on the back burner right now.

Edited by Ahles3

I copy/pasted the config fix for the sliding issue into my hafm .pbo, but when signing it with my own private bikey (which we use in the group I play in) the server keeps kicking people for not having this specific bisign, even though its clearly in there. anyone else having similar issues?

Try deleting the original one and leave only your bisign. :confused:

SitRep?

Very close. I'm dead tired so I will finish sometime probably tomorrow (I mean, sometime after I wake up :cool:)

Very close. I'm dead tired so I will finish sometime probably tomorrow (I mean, sometime after I wake up :cool:)

Now you guys have met the outstanding coder working with me. :yay:

Now you guys have met the outstanding coder working with me. :yay:

:j:

Here's the modified config.cpp; in addition to fixing sound I've included CBA versioning. There's no need to replace the config.bin if an unbinarized version is also present, as the game will use the cpp by default. Happy shootin. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4MxHXxNXkRYaW10Nk9uX2k1X3c/edit?usp=sharing

1. Extract the original hafm_arma2_helis.pbo using depbo, or whatever program be your preference.

2. Copy the config.ccp into the folder you created from the previous step.

-b. Not Required: delete config.bin

3. Recompile the folder you just modified.

4. Back up the original pbo, and replace it with the pbo you have just created.

Game crashes now, and heli icons are missing in editor.

Edit - There was an earlier fix-file that might have caused this. Can we have an official PBO please? :p

Edited by Pulstar

Game crashes now, and heli icons are missing in editor.

Edit - There was an earlier fix-file that might have caused this. Can we have an official PBO please? :p

I used the config from the dev's last release and added in helicopterx simulation myself, if that's what you're referring to. Make sure you are not using a version that isn't downloaded from the OP.

Here is the compiled PBO that I am using, make sure you disable your previous version of the mod and enable CBA: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4MxHXxNXkRYRWVYc0RGcjVOTVE/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by DevinGn

Game crashes for me also. I took out the previous pbo and put yours in. Also I can confirm no icons for US Helicopters. I am not using a version that isn't downloaded from the OP.

Edit: am I missing a step here? I see the other guy whos game was crashing is now working. I just need to DL the pbo and replace the original with it?